Thoughts on this cut of salmon?

thoughts on this cut of salmon?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigstockphoto.com/image-26198291/stock-photo-a-salmon-steak-on-a-white-background-with-a-light-shadow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you fuck it?

The cutlet is easier to cook than the fillet but not as luxurious

shit-tier

it's good man, little more annoying to eat but a lot cheaper and its easy to cook.

cheap. i buy these when im low on cash and debone so i pretend like i have thin filets

Unnatural; That's literally a factory cut

You're supposed to fillet salmon

It looks like a stock photo some shotposting faggot pulled off the internet and posted on Veeky Forums to create a nonsense shitpost thread

bigstockphoto.com/image-26198291/stock-photo-a-salmon-steak-on-a-white-background-with-a-light-shadow

THAT SALMON IS FUCKED. THROW IT OUT

Goes great in a dishwasher

>more difficult to descale
>more difficult to crisp up the skin
>less delicious skin on the piece
>still has spine and pin bones in it
Why even buy this when they sell salmon in fillets?

Makes me want to cook some tuna rare instead

did you really have to google to see it was a stock photo you fucking brain damaged moron?

No.

not op but how do I buy fish? I don't have a fancy fish monger near me. Is it better to buy frozen filets and thaw them (good brands?), or go to the fish counter at safeway and get it thawed out fish there?

I prefer to have this cut split down the spine, so that the pieces cook fast and hot. However, you can also wrap the thin "legs" up with twine so that the piece cooks evenly.

Pro tip: eat the skin, even with scales. You're not a man if you don't.

For frozen fish, I prefer Trader Joe's to Safeway. I've been very satisfied with what we've found there (and we're used to buying whole frozen salmon off the boat that caught them).

God tier part

:swedishchef:

absolutely GOAT.

I sold fish for years, we almost NEVER sold steaks, we'd cut them whenever people wanted them, but that was almost never. And you know what, I don't even understand why people bought the few we sold. It's a dumb way to cut fish.