Mexican Food

I just don't like it? No matter how hard I try I just can't?

I really dislike corn tortillas esp, I find them rough and grainy, so tacos are a no go.

Its not like I'm eating bad mexican food either? I live in fucking san diego so I should be getting the 'real deal' right?

Does anyone who enjoys mexican food have a recommendation for me? I really do want to enjoy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

losmariscos1.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hit up tacos el gordo, get anything al pastor. Maybe corn tortillas just aren't your thing, so check out the other options.

Mexican food is garbage
It's only good when you are drinking

Most of my trips to mexico were on the coast, and it's mostly fish based. Snapper and shit like that out of the gulf. Inland it's mostly goat meat, but they also eat beef and pork. Goat stew and whatnot.

U.S. mexican food isn't mexican food...it's U.S. food. My suggestion, go to Mexico.

>I really dislike corn tortillas esp, I find them rough and grainy, so tacos are a no go.

Flour tacos exist friendo

>Its not like I'm eating bad mexican food either? I live in fucking san diego so I should be getting the 'real deal' right?

Probably. That said, my favorite mexican has a bit of an American twist on it, like most ethnic foods I enjoy.

>Does anyone who enjoys mexican food have a recommendation for me? I really do want to enjoy it.

I prefer flour tortillas to corn, and when I get tacos I try to get a variety. My favorite tacos are fried cod, braised beef, and pork.

Try different things if you don't want tacos. Tortas, pic related, are pretty good. Really soft bread, beans, meat, egg, sometimes avocado, cheese, and some other mexican-style fixings.

Really can't go wrong with a good burrito.

At the end of the day if you don't like it, then you might just not like it.

There are some shit mexican places down in San Diego. Tell me what neighborhoods you're near and I can recommend some awesome places around you.

>I really do want to enjoy it.

What a strange attitude.

Yes get a burrito you whiney faggot

This is the idiot ramblings of a man who never set foot off a resort.

Yes, mexican food on the coast is glorious.cantro heavy seafood. But go into akumal and try a real sea food hut.

Everywhere in mexico serves beef tacos. And most places have flour tortillas for gringos and the mexicans that prefer them.

Yes, the glorious idea of deep frying a burrito then covering it witth velveta "cheese" originated in texas. But the dlour shelled brisket burrito they deep fried came from laredo.

whats the bigger sandwich, a torta or cemita?

Honestly it surprised me how there's worse Mexican food in SD (North County) then in LA considering the distance to the border

Why do so many of your statements end in a question mark? Chef John, is that you?

thanks
A lot of people like it? I don't want to be missing out on something potentially good.
yes
I live in La Jolla if that helps. Near the university in fact.

fuck mexico

I thought you were a troll. Now i nkow you are a faggot.

Try a bleach taco. Flour tortilla and dry brisket. Marinade it in bleach overnight. Then boil the brisket in beach. Plate the tacos with a bleach based pico de gallo. Serve with a large glass of iced bleach.

Is "glorious" your go-to adjective? Just curious.

How to get reditors to rspond 101 lesson 2:

Ok so you used the wrong version of youre? Use the same 3 sylable word in 2 consecutive sentances.

All redditors dream of being middle school english teachers.

why not try looking up nixtamalization and making fresh masa. before saying you dont like something, try learning about the process and understanding the history behind it!

I'm pretty sure "reddit" has two 'D's.

You might be drunk user.

Mexican cuisine is just 5 ingredients done 10 different ways.

Ah, yes. The redditors battle cry. Surely your drunkeness negates the truth you spoke!

I am drunk. Drunk on rum. What makes you so retarded?

It's more like 10 ingredients for a full restaurant menu.

have you tried ceviche tostadas?

>putting question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions
Seriously? Just kill yourself?

Mexican food isn't Italian food

Try some gorditas or tostadas.

Torta, theres a place in Mexico City where you can buy 4kg tortas

>all these gringos trying to explain mexican food
Kek

You're golden, son

As much as you think you know it, you have barely scratched the surface of what Mexican food really is. It is NOT melted cheese over a tortilla chip. It is not simple, or easy. It is not simply ‘bro food’ halftime. It is in fact, older even than the great cuisines of Europe and often deeply complex, refined, subtle, and sophisticated. A true mole sauce, for instance, can take DAYS to make, a balance of freshly (always fresh) ingredients, painstakingly prepared by hand

Faux Mexican food is what you want. You live in the home of carne asada fries. If you hate those there is something wrong with you.

Real mexican food is made from the real scraps like the goat anus for extra texture, and the cilantro picked from the side of the road by the 12 year old wives that are afraid of their 38 year old husbands beating them harder for not having enough "fiber" on the meal. Occasionally the delicacy of an entire sheep head is served, where the guest of honor is expected to eat the eyeballs whole.

But actually edible mexican food involves you know, white people influence.

Absolutely false. Mayan disgusting shit food. Mole can be good but most of the time it is shit. And it is not mexican, it is mayan.

Mexican food started with the introduction of corn farming. Not only through more tortillas, but through more grain for feed.

Much like the introduction of the tomato into europe completely changed european cuisine

>a true italian pizza
yea yea has its main ingredient from north america.

La Jolla has a Mexican place where I ate my very favorite tacos I've ever had, possibly one of my all-time favorite dishes, but they were made with corn tortillas so they're absolutely wasted on you. While I don't generally care that you have different tastes, I am very bitter that you have access to them but can't appreciate them.

you always post this, but that's bullshit

mole poblano alone has like 20+ ingredients

I live in NYC and the Mexican food here is amazing

My favorite Mexican spot so far is this place called Los Mariscos 1 and their fish tacos and ceviche tostadas are fucking amazing

They have a tostada with shrimp, oyster, clam, octopus, and scallops that I really want to try

Mole is amazing

you're probably a fat picky stoner who loves taco bell

ceviche is banging on hot days

Most mole is absolute dogshit you are probably a fat stoner that likes chocolate.

A true mole chicken is superb because COCAINE but otherwise its just chicken in chocolate sauce most places.

You're a retard, there are tons of different moles and mole poblano doesn't really taste like chocolate anyway

Why does gringos try so hard with our food?

Is not even that complicated, useless you want to try something exotic.

Chile rellano

If you're willing to go to TJ, theres a good restaurant called La Casa del Mole. If you don't like tacos, this is the place to go for authentic Mexican dishes. The menu is also in English so you don't need to know alot of Spanish. Its in the downtown area so you don't have to worry about getting mugged and they also have a guarded parking lot.

>Not knowing how to use question marks?

>U.S. mexican food isn't mexican food.

Depends on where you live. You can definitely find real-deal shit in Chicago. The Mexican immigration here is recent, so people are bringing recipes and trends straight from Mexico (as opposed to the sort of amalgamation stuff you find along the boarder where there's been a ton of trade-off between cuisines forever).

What taqueria, nignog?

You're one illiterate fuck mole is a sauce made out of a base of chili and spices cooked in simmering chicken stock, of course theres more to it but i know americans cant comprehend the complexity of mexican food, the only mole that has chocolate is mole poblano and thats just basic mole tier

Chiles en nogada is far superior my dude

I live in NYC and I can find plenty of authentic Mexican food

You probably have been on the east for less than 5 years fag

NYC is famous for getting the food of so many different cultures right but having shitty Mexican food

No, you probably don't know shit about NYC

Over the last 20 years, a lot of Mexicans have immigrated here and now there is a lot of good Mexican food.

Check out Los Mariscos 1, fucking delicious Mexican seafood.

Then why did even Philly have better Mexcian food as late as a couple years ago

Based on what metric? Philly also has good Mexican food because there are a lot of Mexicans there now, though NYC has even more.

Don't act like you know Mexican food in NYC is bad if you're not in the know and wouldn't even know where to look.

Do they sell Vuelve a la Vida, green aguachile with fish or camarones a la diabla?

What don't you like about it?

>the further you get from Mexico the more authentic the food is

Least Coasters' heads are so far up their asses it's embarrassing.

>Some faggot from california thinks it isn't authentic unless its slathered in avocado

Mexicans only put up with you because you pay 6 bucks a taco

Here's their menu

losmariscos1.com/

I've had the fish tacos, and the fish ceviche tostada and they were amazing. Next time I want to try the especial tostada.

Avocado doesn't even come into it. The fruit isn't some exotic ingredient down here.

You can literally get it all over the world, I regularly bought avocados with the big fat from メキシコ label under them in Japan.

But only CA do they insist it belongs on everything

Except they don't, at all...

Have you been to CA?

>they have aguachile but not empanadas, camarones a la diabla or vuelve a la vida
Wtf? Thats a staple of any marisqueria

I suggest a Pacifico michelada and shrimp aguachile, é uma delicía

They're trying to keep the menu simple. I thought that was a common thing in Mexico, places specializing in just a few menu items but doing them damn well.

Well yeah but bot that simple, there are more itwms in the drinks section than the actual food, heres the menu of my locsl seafood joint

>cocteles (shrimp, oysters, octopus or vuelve a la vida which is campechano)
>empanadas (fish, shrimp or octopus pasties)
>caldo de mariscos (clams, fish, shrimp, crab and oysters in a tomato based fish soup)
>floured fish (like fish and chips)
>fried fish
>al mojo de ajo (fish fried with garlic)
>camarones a la diabla (shrimps cooked in a chili stock)
>breaded shrimp
>shrimp in their shells
>fish soup

I think thats it, ofc you get the usual drinks and the regular areay of mexican beers with their variations, some more luxurious places sell aguachile, octopus in its ink,, ceviche and other nortern dishes , even pasta with shrimp or specific kinds of fishes like salmon and shit with a mexican twist

You fags are really missing on mexican cousine

>I find them rough and grainy,
I agree
> so tacos are a no go.
you bitch. Try not being such a bitch, you bitch. You fucking picky eater.

In any case, mexican food is not "high cuisine" so stop expecting that. Tacos are greasy, salty, savory food you eat with a few beers on a beach, or around town. They're not just a food in themselves, they are part of an experience.

>rough and grainy
This is how I felt about cartilage, mushrooms, fresh foods, slushies, burgers, pretty much everything as a kid. The sooner you get over it, believe me, the better off you'll be.

There is a whole world of food out there, motherfucker.

For what it's worth, this place is tiny and just opened up maybe 6 months ago.
Corn tortillas are grainy but not rough, I definitely like them more than flour tortillas now

nice haiku fgt

Try something with mole.

In Valladolid, I had this glorious bowl of chicken stewed in mole. A stack of warm tortillas, and a cold Modelo Negro beer to complement it. I wish I could get the proper ingredients to make it up here in my area of the US.

>U.S. mexican food isn't mexican food

Tell that to all the fucking Mexicans running Mexican restaurants in the U.S.. The only difference is that you'll end up with less fecal contamination in your food here in the U.S. then you would south of the border.