Trader Joe's:

What's the deal with this place?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-shoppers-are-abandoning-whole-foods-2017-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

their brand has good pancake mix if I recall. One was a little out of the way from where I used to live so I didn't go there that often.

It's the most hipster grocery option in existence, but they have legitimately good and otherwise difficult to find foods.

Too bad the closest one to me is 45 minutes away.

where do you live that trader joes has "difficult to find" foods?

the most esoteric food i can think of that they carry is tempeh...but you can find that at kroger.

most purchased items:

chicken gyoza (frozen
mango (frozen)
miso soup broth
roasted vegetable frozen pizza (900 cal whole pizza)
chocolaty cats (which are clearly tigers)
cheap wine

>It's the most hipster grocery option in existence
Food Co-operative > IGA > Trader Joes
in terms of hipster levels

The Trader Joe's branded goods are either complete shit or totally awesome. Usually the latter.

The only grocery store in DT Seattle is an IGA, it's on the "worst" block of the city.

Prices are too high for a grocery store in the basement of a crackhead infested street.

You'll always be in line behind someone arguing that their food stamps should work for junkfood or beer.

>implying tigers aren't cats

But tiger doesn't start with c.

>implying chocolaty cats has any type of smooth sounding alliteration

could've easily named them "choco cats" which sounds infinitely better

Whole Foods exists.

unfortunately

At the rate they're collapsing, not for much longer.

are they?

they're just building a new one in the highest rent part of the city over here.

now i'll have one ten blocks away flat rather than ten blocks away on a hill

Are you my sister?

Mixture of overpriced crap and some pretty good stuff for real cheap. Their ketchup is like $2 a bottle and far superior to big name brands like Heinz. Some pretty alright frozen foods too. Bad as an all around grocery store however, their meats and prices are pretty awful and the overall selection in the store is limited.

Don't think most people are going to TJ's for meat.

Seems like a vegetarian/ local butcher crowd.

>chicken gyoza (frozen)

By far the best thing they have there. I want some.

I'm no financial analyst, but the line doesn't seem to be moving in the right direction..

>In March, Barclays analyst Karen Short estimated Whole Foods had lost as many as 14 million customers in the past six quarters, and that most of them were going to Kroger instead.

>"The magnitude of the traffic declines ... is staggering," Short said. "As most retailers know, once traffic has been lost, those patterns rarely reverse."

businessinsider.com/why-shoppers-are-abandoning-whole-foods-2017-5

jelly?

Wholefoods has lost market distinction. There is no reason to shop there if there are other major chains offering similar quality product at lower prices.

also people are becoming aware that they can buy organic/higher end products without prescribing to the hippy-dippy anti-"chemical" philosophy that whole foods fell into.

you can't even buy aspirin there and they have a whole aisle devoted to tinctures and essential oils.

Yeah I've seen that. I don't even go there for the once specialty organic products they carry, I just get it from Costco.

Hawaiifag here. I honestly think that people from Hawaii are single-handedly keeping Trader Joe's in business.

awesome snacks, sucky produce. Stop there for fun snack things but it doesn't replace a grocery store.

Great:
cheese
nuts
frozen gyoza
frozen snacks
cheap spices
triple ginger cookies
salsa/chips

Good:
cheap wine (though a lot of its crap)
prepackaged sandwiches/lunch stuff
coffee

Bad:
a lot of the rest

Is there any reason to go to trader joe's when publix is available?

umm...yeah the rest of america that doesn't live in backass south land

Tigers are cats, you goddamn mongoloid.

>they have a whole aisle devoted to tinctures and essential oils

There's a similar grocery store that just opened in my city. Went there recently and it was a clusterfuck of pseudo-scientific bullshit hygiene and medicinal products and organic food, all ridiculously overpriced. The soft drinks section has a lot of good stuff though, that's all I can compliment.

I think TJ is a meme and preferred Whole Foods when I lived in in Cali, however I am pretty sure it allowed me to see the Gorilla Munch dude long before he was a meme, and just based on the ridiculous name and the face of that fucking gorilla it sent me into hysterics in the middle of the store. Gave me a good laugh for about a year and then even more when the meme came around.

So in that I thank you Trader's Joes. Thank you for stocking Gorilla Munch.

I have one within walking distance and i'll go in at 8am and buy a couple single cans of simpler times or a bottle of wine if i'm counting change. I can't buy single cans anywhere else in the area if i'm hungover and I only want one can of beer for 60 cents.

I get some loss leader produce, their triple ginger cookies, and passable cooking wine for three dollars. I wouldn't drink any of it, but it's fine for a beef stew/shrimp and grits/poached pears.

>poached pears

what type of faggot are you?

dude that shit is amazing. not even that guy but reduced poached pears with some cinna sticks is fucking heaven.

My mom bought me gorilla munch back in like '02 -03. It's like bland gritty PB crunch.
I recognized the jimmies meme pretty much immediately

trader joes has good frozen veggies for a quick side dish when you don't feel like doing shit.

it also have a nice selection of snack food.

stay away from their vegetables and dairy except maybe cheese, thats overpriced

TJ's is the perfect grocery store for people who don't really cook, but like the idea of preparing their own meals by heating up premade shit.