What is soy sauce? Is it poison?

What is soy sauce? Is it poison?
In Asian restaurants they give you the good shit. I bought one that was shit and fake. Is it possible to tell the difference?

Just buy it in a store? Soy sauce is not really hard to find

It's fermented soy paste and brine.

>I bought one that was shit and fake. Is it possible to tell the difference?
Evidently, else you wouldn't be complaining.

>gutter oil sauce

I don't know where to buy that thick black intense syrupy shit from Asian restaurants. Do you know what ingredients to look for?

liquid msg

Are you talking about the sweeter variations? I've always wondered what kind that was too

I meant before you try.

Saishikomi Shoyu aka refermented may be what you're referring to

buy the gluten free soy sauce its the only kind made from soy not wheat.

Dark soy sauce is nice for stir fries. It's fermented longer and may have some extra sugar or molasses added.

>Is it poison?
It's just a salty sauce dude.

Some restaurants do have quite tasty soy sauce compared to most of the commercially bought stuff I agree. I guess you'd have to ask someone knowledgeable about this sort of thing for good brands.

go to an asian grocery store

Look for "dark" soya sauce, 酱油 or 老抽. The watery type,similar to Japanese sushi soya sauce, is considered "light" soya sauce 酱青 or 生抽. The dark variety is fermented longer.

When it comes to soy sauce, you need to buy Kikkoman. It's what most restaurants serve and unless you're at an asian market any other brand is guaranteed to be shit.

Don't recommend dark soy sauce to him will ya. He won't like it. Tell him to buy sweet or light soy sauce.

Exactly. Dark soy sauce is overpowering and only really used in some dishes, so just buy light soy sauce OP

$10 says OP bought hoisin instead of soy sauce.
豆瓣醬

Holy fuck Americans are fucking retarded. Just get Kikkoman you dumb fucking faggot. Kill yourself too for not being able to do such a simple task.

kikkoman is not soy sauce you mong

Derp
stop being a child and/or half assed troll and look it up.

ketjap manis maybe?

average intelligence of Veeky Forums

Kikkoman is a brand that produces soy sauce and it should be pretty easy to pick out their soy sauce on account of it saying "SOY SAUCE" in big letters on the front of the bottle.

What's this then

I always go to my local Asian grocery and get Silver Swan. It's dark and really flavorful.
Of course, that may just be because I am a dirty Flip.

>He bought the teriyaki sauce.

It's like worcesterhshire sauce...but with slitty eyes

Ceci n'est pas une soy sauce bottle.

Nigg youre thinking of hoisin sauce.