What food makes you think of your childhood?

What food makes you think of your childhood?

For me, it's apple crumble

My mum used to make it all the time using oats for the crumble, but it was delicious

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Knuckle_Sandwich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

easy mac with cut up hot dogs in it
cinnamon sugar toast
what my family calls fudgies which are these weird fudge-ish things that are almost cookies made with oats and cocoa and peanut butter and shit
flintstones vitamins

well shit
those look almost exactly like them, except lighter, they probably used more cocoa
and my mom thinks they're a totally original recipe that my grandma invented kek

My mom told me her recipe was original for them that was made up by my grandma. Ours uses chocolate chips though.

2 cups sugar, .5 cups milk, mix and bring to a boil 1 minute. Take off the heat and stir in 1/2 stick butter, .75 cup peanut butter, 1 cup chocolate chips then when it's all mixed, dump in the quick oats until the texture is right and spoon out to dry.

Flygande Jacob. My mom always used the original recipe from the 70s, but put on the peanuts afterwards since they were ruined if microwaved.

American chopsuey, it's what my mom used to feed an army. I had no idea it was a common thing until recently and thought she just stole the name of some random asian dish

in northern new england, its a staple. most school's have it on the lunch menu once a week.

So mine is really specific but wings cooked in a slightly shitty way where the sauce tastes watery because the chicken was weirdly wet.

I don't know how to explain it and I don't know how my mom fucks up chicken wings so much but I love the way she makes them because I loved them when I was a kid.

It's something i don't experience often since most people fuck up wings by overcooking them or using really gross bbq sauce.

My mom has very strange cooking results. Her cookies always end up, i don't know, really puffy? Like puffy chocolate chip cookies. They're good but weird because the texture is wrong.
She fucks up wings.
She can't frost a cake to save her life (Like it's extra bad lol)
She always gets really obsessed with cookie-press cookies around christmas and somehow EVERY YEAR she needs to buy a new spritzer (I think that's what they're called?). I don't know wtf she does with them all but she always needs a new one.
Those are always so dry.

But I eat em anyway because she's my mom.

She makes bombass buffalo chicken dip though. If it's in a crockpot she can't fuck it up.

shark bites also.

For me it's things like, fideo, chicken tacos, and grilled meat. It's stuff my mom and dad used to make all the time. My dad had a tradition of BBQing every sunday and we'd all stay outside all sunday long.

Every time I go see him is usually on a sunday and we still do that. It's something I think I'll pass down.

Frozen California-mix veggies, microwaved and served as a side dish for many, many, family dinners.

My parents did not cook fresh vegetables very often.

You sound like a good guy user

Lunchables
Sugary breakfast items
Warm chocolate milk
Some items that my mom makes, like rice and gravy, gumbo, mac and cheese, etc
Various candies and sodas

>cinnamon sugar toast
Holy shit I ate this alot

>Birds-Eye California Blend
That was my shit and still is

We used to have this every saturday with canned mushrooms and Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. It was like a B horror movie - so bad it was good. I never had a chain restaurant pizza until high school.

Visages de pomme de terre

I'm a bitter lonely drunk, but just the sight of these always makes me feel better.
Odd, cos I don't think I've ever had the things.
>t.blogposter

There was a larger span of time between the Stegosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex than between Tyrannosaurus Rex and Humans.

Childhood home had a persimmon tree growing out back and we would go and collect the fruit every year.

I'm sad now.

opaque fruit snacks master race

Fucking love these things. Always just called them no bake cookies.

The opaque ones always tasted better.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup which I often cooked after school while my mom was still at work.

>tfw dip the sandwich into the soup and take a bite while watching DBZ

Also, these veggie burgers at my dad's apartment during the weekends. Used to melt cheddar cheese on them and toast the buns with a little olive oil.

I just bought a bag of these the other day to relive the taste from my childhood.

I used to go to the rec center with friends and would always get an extra dollar or two for the vending machines afterwords and these were what I would get.

There was a retarded mexican dude that would hang out at the rec all day and hed get mad at me and my friends for getting these cuz that was his favorite snack or something retarded.

Apple crumble but with just flour, butter and sugar for the top, and bits would turn to caramel.

Also rice pudding, just rice cooked with milk and sugar.

Rice and eggs, cornmeal, and oatmeal. These were the meals I basically grew up on.

Cheese crisps. Mom made them for me.

If you don't know what a cheese crisp is it's Arizona for an open faced Quisadilla.

shit these were amazing. anyone know where i can buy them?

I ate alot of grilled cheese and tomato soup growing up.

But when I watched DBZ I had to have a cup o noodles.

Pic related, my mother used to make all of it herself, even the chocolate. We also had a bunch of cherry trees and because cherries are my favourite fruit she liked to spoil me once in a while (in the late spring and summer ofc).
As time went on she made it fewer and fewer times, I still miss it.

Is it any different than chili mac?

ALWAYS with the crust cut off

Sloppy Joes
Salisbury steak
Whatever that cold pasta from grocery stores is called

King Ranch casserole made with tortilla chips

pasta salad?
macaroni salad?

oil base or mayo base?

god damn it im sick of people not eating crust EAT THE FUCKING CRUST< JTj jjARJ@J

I'm a diabetic now, thanks.

Macaroni salad !!

knuckle sandwiches

My grandma used to make these all the time when I was a kid. It's hard to find a place that makes these at all.

I love them when I was young. I still don't get how this was more expensive compare to all other chip today.

Mushbox

These are quite easy to find in Vancouver BC, ie asian food central.

Instant ramen with eggs, onions, and hot sauce added. Dad was always working late, and my mom was always busy taking care of my sister. Most the time from age 7-12 I'd grab a 20 from my mom's purse, ride my bike to the grocery store and pick up a week's worth of food and a pack or two of Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

I regret a lot of that, the shit I bought was pretty terrible since I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. It's only now that I realize I should've been buying up packs of Magic instead, especially around '04-'06. The ramen was great, fucking loved watching the egg yolks break apart and solidify when I dropped them into the broth.

Mixed pickles. Its like a mix of veggies and its so fucking sour. Great when combined with soup beans and corn bread. Grandma needs to rise again and make me that mountain witch cooking.

wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Knuckle_Sandwich