Is milk healthy?

Is milk healthy?

It increases blood sugar which is a huge no. I drink ~1 litre of milk/day if not more, often to in place of honeyed tea and water.
I fear becoming diabetic but every fucking thing around me uses some form of sugar. I just can't escape sugar.

No, it's not.

there's no need to worry about lactose. just avoid fructose.

Milk is very calorie dense, but it's otherwise fine and perfectly healthy to drink.

edit: i mean avoid added fructose. (non-blended) fruit is fine.

Stop being a sedentary piece of shit and it won't matter.

Yes

Only nu-males thinks its bad for you because they read a blog once

i think low/non fat yogurt is healthier.

>It increases blood sugar which is a huge no.
Maybe you should just stop eating altogether then. It would be better for your health.
Fucking idiot.

Water and bread sounds pretty healthy to be honest.

>low fat
>non fat
>healthy

>bread
>healthy

scoff

White bread is masterace.

I wish there was an actual scientific consensus on milk.

This thread is fucking nuts. Why can't any of you just try to enjoy your lives, instead of cluttering with this useless calorie counting and precise portioning bullshit. Just eat what you enjoy, in what appears to be a reasonable amount, and you'll be fine. I've spent my whole life living like this, and I'm 19 and perfectly healthy and fit.

>in what appears to be a reasonable amount
Define "reasonable"

> I'm 19 and perfectly healthy
Never mind, fuck off troll.

Yep. Nature's perfect food. I drink about a gallon of skim a week.

Milk is old meme. It's a 20th Century American food fad heavily promoted by the government as a way to get some nutrition into poor people during the Depression. And once the government got hooked up with the dairy industry they were kind of stuck promoting the stuff. As it fell out of fashion as a beverage the government worked with the fast food industry to promote cheese in everything, which is why Americans consume four times as much cheese as they did 40 years ago. But at the end of the day there's really no compelling reason to drink milk or eat a lot of cheese, and there's probably a bunch of good reasons not to.

Christ, you could have eaten fast food for every meal after weaning and be normal weight and healthy at 19. Wait until you're 30, fuckwitted millennial.

I've seen people who actually do eat like that at my age. They're fucking grotesque. I've seen people with thighs as big around as my entire stomach, so don't tell me 19 year olds can't be unhealthy.

This. A fucking teenager can eat just about anything and be fit as long as they don't eat too fucking much. But that starts to change around 30 and is long fucking gone by 40.

I don't think people become diabetic from sugar that's in foods like milk, or fruit. They're usually chugging sodas, eating candy, never eating vegetables, etc.

Milk is healthy if you can digest the lactose. It has a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs, if consumed in moderation. If you're consuming a lot of fat, you might want to switch to skim milk. People will say skim milk is unhealthy, but that's what people normally drank. Cow's milk separates if left to sit, and they would use the cream to make butter, ending up with buttermilk that has less fat, and skim milk.

Still doing MADMILK, user?

No it doesn't.

Peasants ate it and were pretty strong.

Yeah they also died for stupid shit a lot.

Yeah, like rulers sending them to stupid wars.

Among many other things.

Bullshit.
I was already fat when I was 16

milk is bad for gains

You ate too much. Easy to be fat if you eat too much. And yeah, calorie dense food is easier to eat too much of that less calorie dense food. But the point of my post was that if you're dumb enough to get fat at 18 you'll be morbidly obese in a scooter before 30. And dead before 60.

I am a professional lactation consultant: milk is healthy.

Just remember this little rhyme:
If what you got is white and milky,
You can bet your pants it is healthy

You sound more like a professional semen consultant.

Whole milk has lots of fats that are good for you. It's pretty tasty because of the natural fats and not sugars, which are actually what you want to avoid.

Basically non-trans fats are healthy and sugars are generally bad for you.

Amerifats have no self control and appreciation for their bodies. Enjoying life means stuffing their mouth holes every waking second.

Even today, the milk lobby aggressively advertises dairy with bullshit ads like how you have to drink three glasses of milk a day or whatever bullshit they've come up with.

Milk is 14/88

>Nature's perfect food
>I drink skim

Blended fruit is fine too. It's literally the exact same thing just that you can consume way faster than regular fruit

It doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to these days. More and more people are givcing up on the stuff.

no. blending destroys the fibre.

>19
Leave. Literally nothing counts for you right now and you don't have the right to have an opinion about anything.

I don't think so. The dairy farmer at my farmers market selling raw milk always has a huge line and sells out. Hell even walmart is regularly stocked up on organic gallon jugs, although kroger is cheaper for it. People are giving up on the rBST growth hormones, antibiotics and other chemicals big agri has been putting into our dairy and slopping into our troughs for years.

Agreed. Many people who still drink the stuff are getting more particular about how it's sourced. But my point is that you're seeing more and more people who simply don't do dairy, or try to avoid it on a day to day basis. That would have been unheard of a few decades ago. Now it's becoming common. enough that I know several people who just don't do dairy.

>non-trans fats
fuck off reddit

>know several people who just don't do dairy

Wow, even good quality cheese? I mean I understand if they're vegan, but you have to admit outside of the west coast that's not taking the world by storm.

Lactation is my #1 fetish.

>A fucking teenager can eat just about anything and be fit as long as they don't eat too fucking much

CICO doesn't magically stop working when you turn 30.

Ayy

THAT DOESN'T RHYME AT ALL

every food you eat is unhealthy
it comes with an addition of a metric-shit-tonne of unwanted and potentially harmful bacteria which your body has to fight off

that doesn't rhyme you dickring

If you're white it is. Dead serious, just google racial disparity in lactose intolerance.

Until you get older that is, lactose intolerance is a bitch but the lactose free stuff is alright for me.

Nothing wrong with sugar, just don't have so much of it with ever meal and you'll be fine. Keep you fiber up, and stay hydrated, exercise, all that shit.

milk is vary bad for u theirs a reason ppl like me are evolved beyond digesting it

Just drink it goy.

I may drink pus but at least I can format my bullet points correctly

really activated my almonds

Not inherently true. I was obese in high school and have since decided to not be a fat ass anymore. I've dropped nearly a hundred pounds, and closing in on it.

You sound like my girlfriend about "cummies".

I'm not talking vegans. I'm talking people who just avoid dairy most of he time because they don't think it's good for them. They're folks who switched over to almond milk for their coffee and avoid butter, cream and cheese in general. And I'm on the east coast.

by that logic so would chewing, all the blender does is masticate the fruit for you