Say something nice about tofu

say something nice about tofu

It's making that sprig of rosemary look delicious

No

I enjoy it in hot and sour soup

I always thought the word "tofu" was cool

It's excellent when fried, but its use as a meat substitute has given it a bad reputation. It should be appreciated on its own merits, not unfairly associated with the dubious cooking habits of vegans and vegetarians.

Quint 5's confirm.

Tofu used as a regular ingredient on its own is wonderful. I marinate it in a little soy before putting it in soup. But people who use tofu to replicate meat are doing the devil's work. You make the choice not to eat meat, so why are you trying to replicate it?

This. Also, nice digits.

It's really good marinated and baked till crispy. I love putting that shit on salads or in spring rolls, or just as a snack.

miso

It's an important ingredient in taho.

miso soup is good, only stupid people hate it

also quints

Its white

/thread

it makes me feel superior when plebs can't pick it up with chopsticks without it falling to pieces.

I bet you own a katana and write anime fan-fiction.

Wow

I don't know what those things are weeb.

tofu is easy to spell

Tofu is healthier than eat mud pies although not by much

I love it to be honest. My father works at a factory that makes it

Its mere mention makes ghouls mad and sends them into a rage in which they try to prove how feminizing it is, while they're drinking milk that has a feminizing effect at least an order of magnitude stronger than in tofu.

My pock-marked grandma cooks up a nice spicy dish with it.

It's nice in miso soup, too. Sushi Express makes a really good one with seaweed, tofu, and chunks of salmon (or whatever other scraps they have after cutting up the sushi).

Nice flavor and texture no matter what style it is, goes great with just about any marinade, is incredibly versatile and can be included in a lot of dishes, has a really bad reputation in the west for some reason.

I don't have to eat tofu.

tofu would have a much better reputation among westerners if they'd think of it as asian cheese instead of a meat substitute

tofu scramble is prettty damn good

But tofu doesn't melt. I wish tofu was just like a soybean cheese. That would be rad.

If it was brown it would be worse

Your outfit looks good today :3

its not donald trump, nor is it married to donald trump.

When you say "as a meat substitute", you mean that thing where you freeze/thaw/press it and cover it in bbq sauce and bake it?

Tofu cakes are surprisingly delicious

Tofu is just like a soybean cheese, though. You may milk from soy beans, then coagulate it, separate the curds and whey, and press the curds.

If it was just like a cheese it would melt and it does not.

bad post

it's good in soup when it's not trying to be meat

It's produced like a cheese though - it's basically soybean cheese in terms of the technique used to make it. It doesn't melt, you're right, though silken tofu basically dissolves into sauces or desserts.

Tofu can't be perfect, unlike our current First Lady. She's a vast improvement over the wookieee we were stuck with for the past eight years.

Plenty of real cheese doesn't melt either.

This guy has got it. Tofu is a really interesting ingredient on it's own. I order tofu dishes all the time and they are awesome. I do not order dishes that claim to be things they are not. That's liar food. I don't eat liar food.

it looks like feta

Tofu + oil soaked in chillis and szechuan pepper + soy sauce + fresh coriander + those dried shallots. Fucking amazing stuff.