Best cut of steak to order at a franchise steakhouse?

I got a gift card to Longhorn as a gift. Normally I like to cook my own steak because I know how I like it so I never go to steak houses, especially the franchise ones.

Anyway, whats the best steak to get off of their menu? Their cut choices are sirloin, ribeye, fillet mignon, t-bone, NY strip, porterhouse, and prime rib.

When I cook steak for myself I like it nice and rare because I'm a sane, well adjusted human being. Not blue rare, but close to it honestly. The cuts I usually cook for myself are tomhawk/cowboy cuts, ribeyes, or NY strips. I bought a cowboy steak once on a whim and cooked it really low and slow and it was one of the best steaks I ever had - hard to cook correctly though.

What should I order? I heard flat iron steaks are good, or is that a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6TMoU5ahB-4
youtube.com/watch?v=46eRIxVxkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

flat irons are flavorful and the second most tender cut on the cow. How can you not like them?

Prime rib medium rare with horse radish and a side of sautéed mushrooms. Any steakhouse will carry it and it's delicious.

I just never had them. I typically buy the cuts I do because they go on sale and I know how to cook them.

get the ribeye, never get anything lean at a franchise steakhouse, it'll usually be tough and under/overseasoned. now if you're at a real steakhouse, then still get the ribeye, it's the best cut, unless you like blue rare tenderloin

You know that last bit actually sounds pretty good I'll have to try cooking that myself sometime.

it's cut from a top blade roast, you get two of them.
how to cut
youtube.com/watch?v=6TMoU5ahB-4
jamie oliver espousing how good they are..
youtube.com/watch?v=46eRIxVxkG8

yeah tenderloin, nicely seasoned then just seared is excellent

Whipping with the herbs seems like a total meme.

Try it, It makes a difference.

At that kind of place I just order the burger. It probably won't be terrible, but get bacon and cheese anyway. Any whole cuts of beef are going to be jaccarded to hell and back.

Eh. I like good steak but I'm not that big of a prude lol

Rationalizing shit quality meat is bad for humanity.

We do not require meat to survive or even be healthy, it is an optional element of our diets and tastes quite good, but people overconsume meat because it is oversubsidized and the market price does not reflect externalities and so on

An expensive high quality steak every now and then is nice, but if more people were "a prude" as you said, we could reduce meat consumption and increase quality.

Shitmeat from Outback is the food equivalent of Walmart jeans that fall apart after 10 washes but hey it was only 20 bucks lol

Definitely get the ribeye med-rare. They have a small and uncomplicated menu so what they do, they do well. Don't think I've ever had a bad experience. Girlfriend recently had there new pork. Shit was cash! Pic related

Everything sold at Logans is Choice. It's not like you're getting an inedible steak.

Dude I'm getting it for free

>generic USDA choice commodity beef
Fucking nasty. Anything less than Prime had damm well better be 100% grass fed pastured beef to justify the lower fat content.

>100% grass fed
100% grass fed is disgusting. Corn finished is better.
Hoosier farmer here and I've done both. The grain fed beef is superior.

Tbh if you dont want steak for whatever reason, the parmesan chicken is very good

Sounds like you just have stockholm syndrome

Grain fed stinks up my kitchen with that horrible "grain fed beef" smell

Grass fed smells appealing and wholesome

I know my GF likes chicken so maybe she will get that.

definitely get a steak bruh, whoever bought you the gift card basically bought you a steak dinner and it could easily be seen as insulting if your response is nah, I'd rather have a burger cause it's not a good enough steak

Way ahead of you man, but thanks. I know it would be an insulting fuck you. I'm not listening to the massive Q U A L I T Y faggot.

>stuffs the cattle with grain a month before auction so he gets 300 lbs more weight of fat clumping, not marbeling

Fuck off pirate! I'm not stuffing your already subsidized fat wallet with my money for your shitty fat clumped beef. Go scam nignogs or whitetrash.

I'm not getting subsidies, I'm not technically a farmer since I never sell to market, it's all used in house.

Do you guys seriously not raise your own meat?

ribeye with sauteed mushrooms and/or grilled asparagus is the only correct choice

Do you guys who grew up in a city or suburb not grow your own meat?

Prime rib is criminally underrated.

>Prime rib is criminally underrated.

Few places do them right, so most people are safer just ordering a ribeye.

Get out of my head!

You can cook a better ribeye at home than you'll get at most steakhouses, but I don't know anyone making prime rib at home (except for during holidays).

dont eat at a franchise you stupid fuck

PH @home
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Yeah good luck with that soy, it will help your transition.

t-bone or strip, or phouse if you are starving.

>We do not require meat to survive or even be healthy
this is your brain on veganism

Veeky Forums here. It's actually true unfortunately. Meat over the long term can be pretty unhealthy. Still love meat too much t b q h.

hello, vegangains
threatened anyone with murder lately?

>anyone who disagrees with me is a psychopathic sociopath
I also think the world is round, does that incline you to think the world is flat out of spite too?

>hurr you're just being contrarian
>here look i'll juxtapose my previous, inane position with this clearly reasonable and sane position
>checkmate, carnivores
this really is your brain on veganism, isn't it

He makes a valid point, however. Not only that, he wasn't advocating veganism, just a reduction in the consumption of shit quality factory farmed chemical laden garbage designed for the palates and wallets of whitetrash and nignogs. Intelligent people can recognize it's better to spend your budgeted meat money on fewer high quality items than many low quality ones.

>We do not require meat to survive or even be healthy
in case you couldn't read the original post
guess the lack of animal protein is impairing your visual-cognitive abilities

I'd probably get a ribeye, cooked medium. I prefer medium-rare, but I've had too many medium-rare steaks get to the table COLD.

>Rationalizing shit quality meat is bad for humanity. ...people overconsume meat because it is oversubsidized and the market price does not reflect externalities and so on. An expensive high quality steak every now and then is nice, but if more people were "a prude" as you said, we could reduce meat consumption and increase quality.

This is how I correctly interpreted it rather than focus on the ellipsis to argue about whether meat is necessary or not. He's clearly not making an argument for veganism because he's arguing for sensible production and consumption of meat. You seem like the kind of guy who wants to scream "vegan" everytime someone brings up rational arguments for consuming less, but higher quality meat raised humanely. Iotw, you're fos.

>guy makes a retarded point
>point out his retarded point
>oh no but you see THIS was the heart of his argument, as i correctly deduced through my extensive training from vegan academy
instead of apologizing you could have simply just recognized that the statement i am focussing on is absolutely retarded and indefensible

consider suicide

Shit, give it up son. You were BTFO because you focused on a marginal side point which might be arguable, but wasn't the crux of his post at all. When did you see a vegan arguing for sensible meat consumption? There are plenty of windmills to be fighting, but his post isn't one, Don Quixote.

Give the gift to somone with no standards

>all these ribeye cucks
Medium Rare NY Strip or bust

hmm...

seether ...

I approve.

Chopped sirloin.

you're not as smart as you think you are
seriously: consider suicide

Too fancy but I respect your opinion.

I'm not the person you are having an argument with, but the person you are having an argument with isn't even the one who made the original comment - so by what logic do you continue to call THAT PERSON a vegan? Additionally, that person said they still "like meat" - which would I don't see any holier-than-thou vegan saying.

Either way, give it a rest. You are responding to user's points and perspective with straw men and ad hominem attacks.

>this entire post
christ you vegans are fucking pathetic

VEGANS ARE NIGGERS!

Who even asks this? Are you a stupid ass redneck who thinks everyone has 10 acres to raise a small herd of cows?

ORDER THE OUTLAW RIBEYE
MED-RARE, PITTSBURGH STYLE SEAR

It's frequently cheaper in the supermarket anyway.

Redneck with an Engineering Degree from a top ranked engineering school.
But please, stay in your hellhole overpopulated cities, theres no way out is there? hah.

>He makes a valid point,

It is a fair point. However, the PETA-grade picture he posted destroys his neutrality and opened him up to ridicule.

>engineering degree

Fuck off you literal beta, engineers are like the accountants of natural sciences. Should've become a doctor, people might have given you respect.

Go all the way OP. Porterhouse med-rare, loaded baked tater, house salad with ranch.

It's really the best thing to get at a steakhouse