Live in nz

>Live in nz
>be introduced to "flyover food" via ck
>laugh at it because its stupid and a lot of it seems gross
>see more and more of it
>"Oh that looks like it would be delicious"
>slowly start to get into flyover states
>watch youtube videos about the midwest and its food
>now want to visit America's midwest and do a food tour through flyover and enjoy the real America, its people and its food

Thanks Veeky Forums I guess.

As a Wisconsinite, I would really suggest you visit Madison. We have (possibly) the most restaurants per capita and a huge variety of cuisines represented.

We also have a huge emphasis on farm-to-table, locally sourced ingredients, etc. Not to mention the cheese... sausage... and incredible craft beer scene.

>Graze

Wisconsin and Minnesota both have decent food scenes. We embrace the meat and potatoes shit but also have a ton of other stuff

Jeez your up early today
10am and on Sunday aswell.
Sup Cuz

Milwaukee is good too!

> Have beer battered brats or fried cheese curds at Miller Park
> Tour one of many breweries located in the city (Pabst, Milwaukee Brewing Company, Lakefront Brewery, Miller, among others)
> Drink too much beer at the old german beer hall

This post brought to you by the Milwaukee Tourism Boardâ„¢

What's food in NZ like?

Sweet. I'm moving to Madison, WI to live with my girlfriend. Really looking forward to eating some top-notch grub tbqh.

Got some of the best dairy and meat in the world.
Even our McDonalds (which takes pride in saying it uses our local ingredients) tastes nothing like what normal McDonalds tastes like.
by god our McDonalds is good

>tastes nothing like what normal McDonalds tastes like.
But this is literally the point of mcdonalds

Wisconsinites seem to think their state is a lot better than it actually is. Definition of flyover.

ignore the fact that it has the most unique cuisine/ethnic makeup of any other state in the Midwest and sure

>the midwest
congrats for winning the special olympics

ok ty

Wisconsin and Minnesota are really quite different from typical midwest food. They've held to their roots more and carry a lot of unique elements. True midwest like KS, MO, OK, NE, IN, OH are literal shitholes for food and that's the true midwest.

Whatever makes you feel special.

Never had a worse time on the road than when I had to drive through Wisconsin.

It's just all the FIBs

this, so much this. I go through Wisconsin a lot. One of the shittiest experiences you could have, no gas stations (if there are, then some dirt hole), no data out there, shit radio stations, the scenery isn't good at all

I certainly will! I really want to check out some of those state fairs to, fuck me uuuuup

Sup senpai, Ive been up since 9 shit posting. back to the works tomorrow rip

>What's food in NZ like?
Pretty great, the only intensively raised meats we do are chicken and pork, even then they're not corn fed. Corn fed is just not really a thing here. you can get corn fed chicken but its at a premium (its an organic free range brand im pretty sure.) We don't import a hell of a lot and its very easy to eat locally grown stuff, and everything we have in the supermarket is in season at that time. We do have a relatively high cost of living which is an issue when it comes to buying groceries. Our meat is first class, especially our lamb. I should know kek

however the food scene can be relatively lacking, theres not a huge amount of diversity. Mexican isnt a widely spread thing like it is in the us. (Our version of mexican would be indian, its fucking everywhere. I miss taco bell from the one time I had it when I went to sf/lv/la)

USA has so many pop ups, mom and pop places and for the 'gram places that theres a huge variety. nz isnt like that, new places rarely open.

we have cheese rolls tho, those are great. (Also like one of the only regional delicacy nz has, its a southy thing)

Americans have the sausage and egg mc griddles and I will also envy them for that. I remember when we got them for those two short weeks as a promo and by god they were fucking amazing.

If you like cheese rolls you're in for a treat in Wisconsin.

Nani's for dim sum, Thai Basil for decent thai. Madison has a lot of good restaurants, but also a toooon of your typical trash hole in the wall joints.

>seem to think their state is a lot better than it actually is
Oh, do they constantly rage about flyovers?

I love you too

Sure come over, we'll get hammered too

t. Wisconsinite

Our traditional "regional cuisines" are great. Can't be eaten all the time or you'll be a late ass. Unless you're one of those guys who work their ass off. But yeah, it's pretty great.

Also a Wisconsin guy, didn't know Veeky Forums had so many.

>Bunch of Swedes and Somalians living together
>Unique

Good one.

Never met a single Somalian in Wisconsin. We're all white (and usually Scandi or Irish) outside of Milwaukee.

Ah shit I was thinking of Minnesota, my bad.

I'm not sure what flyover foods are, thought they were casseroles (or hot dish to Minnesotans) or why a WI burger would be considered one of them.

Also, get a butter burger at Solly's at least once before you die.

Yeah we actually have more lakes than them as well but y'know they'll get a bit buttfrustrated if we point out Wisconsin has way more lakes than they do even though they're "the land of ten thousand lakes"

I love the north shore though, that shit is top tier.

Wisconsin's definition of a lake is a lot smaller than Minnesota's. Most of your lakes are our ponds

Christ, here we go. Who has the most lakes and biggest lakes? Reminds me of the dick measuring in gym showers in middle school.

Kids had more dicks than others?

>Wisconsin's definition of a lake is a lot smaller than Minnesota's.

Like middle school comparisons of dick size in gym showers. Not quantity of dicks.

Here's Ohio

Except Michigan and yes, Michigan is flyover

You brought it up ya cheese gobbling bitch

Minnesota is Swedes and Somalis. Wisco is Germans and Laotians dummy

>experience real America
Be prepared to witness a lot of corn fields

it'll be something different from all the sheep

>by god our McDonalds is good
No it isn't. Your standards are just so low from eating hot dish and Toppers pizza with ranch dressing that McDonald's seems delicious by comparison.

Why is "real" America the flyover parts? I don't think there's anything more real about the Midwest than there is about California and NYC.

Because most people in NYC and california are transplants who have no real American indentity and usually don't want to.

Because california and new york city may be full of people, but they don't have many Americans in them.

>random maniac drives into a crowd
>the only people killed or seriously injured are tourists from flyover states

nope, no americans at all

It's an accepted fact that those who live on the coasts are a burden and actively pursue interests that could be best described as "un-american."

Screw that noise, come to Milwaukee instead. You can go to Comet cafe and then see punk bands in some shithole in river west.

I didn't know China was a flyover state

This is a retarded point of view. But OP should actually go to the coasts for food. I've lived in flyover states, NorCal, and NYC, and there's nothing in any of the flyover states that you can't get better on the coasts. I could see going to the flyovers if you're genuinely interested in things they have to offer (Utah/Wyoming/Montana have nice national parks). But for food? Senseless.

The only thing I'd go back to the coast for is seafood. Everything else is easily replaced in any other decent sized city

I don't think so. NYC has every type of food, and a lot of variations on most types of food. I could never find a decent ramen place in Salt Lake City. How many Jewish delis are in Madison?

Not true. In fact, landscape generalizations are hard to make about OH. West: true. Flat and nothing. East is nowhere close to only fields, and there are even north/south divide differences.

Good food in the three C cities though.

t. 26 year veteran

I guarantee you could find a good ramen place in salt lake city bro. As for Jewish deli, overpriced okay sandwiches. New York isn't that great. It's okay.

People in New York and California are generally happier to identify as New Yorkers or Californians because it's generally seen as better than just being an American, which can be embarrassing.

I went to every ramen place in SLC and they were all mediocre at best. Anyways, regardless of your opinion on Jewish Delis, there are few to be found in the Midwest. Similarly, how many Russian or other Eastern European restaurants are there in Madison or SLC? I don't like NYC that much myself, but I think it's silly to say that the food isn't the best in the country.

thats someone from nz saying nz mcd's is better than american mcd's. We dont even have ranch here

Because theyre very global cities, which is cool and interesting in its own right but the midwest is very distilled Americana. I've been to LA, San Fran and Vegas and that was cool, but I want something different and a lot more slower.

I plan on going to NYC eventually, but for a different experience than what i want out of flyover.

It sounds like you made up your mind on the quality of food based entirely on location a long time ago.

It sounds like you have, to me. I don't go around looking for places to hate, and I would prefer to live in SLC over NYC. I don't have anything against the Midwest, I just don't think their food is as good or as varied as the coasts.

Not really. I'm just realistic and don't romanticize one major city over another. I've visited a lot of them and they're all pretty much the same.

I don't think I'm romanticizing anything--I just don't think it's realistic to say that all cities are the same. I've lived in NYC, SF, SLC, and DC for years, and visited plenty of others. I think they're all substantially different. Whatever floats your boat though.

>he still listens to radio

seriously? Who tf still does this?

Buy a Bluetooth speaker or something

I listen to the radio all the time, jerk. I like the variety. I like flipping through stations when a commercial comes on. Suck my dick.

>not having a 160gb ipod classic

I have more gigs of music than I know what to do with. I just like hearing new stuff on the radio.

>than when I had to drive through Wisconsin.

Drive through L.A.. or NYC, D.C., or any other metropolitan shithole.

Like the NIN stuff?
Satan detected.

wellington represent

Stoneridge is a chain store? Only one I ever saw was in Wautoma.

Porirua, I bet.

nah mate, nice little suburb on the jville line

I wanted to go to graze one night, they don't take reservations and said the wait was an hour and 45 minutes. So I did a 360 and went to culvers instead.

Here here.

>j-just pretending guys!

>the real America
There's no such thing.