Cigar thread

can we have a cigar thread here?

Other urls found in this thread:

rstreet.org/op-ed/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know, can we?

not food related but heck I'm not a mod.

snus is better kys

rstreet.org/op-ed/fda-study-cancer-risks-nearly-nil-for-1-2-cigars-per-day/

you better start talking about pairing with drinks, or else...

Just had a 601 la bomba in robusto. Was medium at best. Nothing like the older one that hammered you over the head with power.

What you guys smoke? Daily smokers?

I smoke usually 3 or 4 a day. As many as 8 a day

8 a day seems pretty excessive, I stick to 2 a day at most, vape in the off time when I need a kick.

Sure it is. Try not to do it too often but hey a day of good weather outside I'll chain smoke toros.

>has no nutritional value and isn't ingested
>Veeky Forums
There's a more appropriate board for the topic of sucking on large brown phallic objects.

So im wanting to get into cigars, where should I start? Is there a good sample pack? Do i need a humidor?

Get a humidor if you plan to keep at it.

Don't get those cheap humidor cigar cutter combos. The cigars in those combos suck cocks and the humidor probably sucks.

Temperature and humidity are the two big things to watch. You want to be around 70f and 70rh. Lower the rh a bit if you enjoy a drier smoke. An over humidified cigar tastes really fucked, won't stay lit and can grow mild.

Want a good reliable cutter, get the Cuban crafters perfect cutter. It's like 15$. Don't worry about cutters after that.

Lighters do what you want. I use a clear one with a big ass tank because I smoke a lot.

Good starter cigars,

Mild?
Perdomo champagne 10
Baccarat
Oliva Connecticut

Medium?
Padron 1000 series

Full?
La flor dominicana stuff
Cao brazilia
Punch signature

Look around for lists of recommended sticks. See what sounds interesting and try a sampler or something.

Over humidified cigars can grow mouldy. Not mild.
Websites for ordering?

Cigars international and pipes and cigars have gay shipping issues and awful customer service.

Cigar monster for deals, famous smoke shop for other stuff. No complaints with them.

Corona cigar company. Best prices on boxes, sells singles and has great shipping.

Neptune cigars is supposed to be good.

Avoid Thompson like the plague. They sign you up for extra shit and have worse than shit tier customer service.

Best cigar prices is alright.

Holts has crazy deals sometimes, you end up spending money on stuff you don't need simply because of their wtf r u doin son prices being so low.

Small batch and other higher end guys for when you know what you're doing or if you want some one on one custom samplers built for you.

Cigarbid is like eBay for cigars. Avoid unless you want to blow up money like no tomorrow. Can get insane deals there.

not food related, move out please

seems like the most suitable board

as mentioned here You might want to try a NSFW board.

Brands worth looking into:

Perdomo
CAO (brazilia, gold, italia, Colombia)
Punch
Camacho
La flor dominicana
Drew estate (acid for flavoured cigars, liga privada type shit for regular)
601 (red, blue, green)
Oliva
Baccarat (cheap good quality mild cigars with sweet tips)
Illusione
Arturo fuente
Padron

Avoid bundled cigars with no bands from random brands like don jackson.

Don pepin Garcia from my father however makes incredibly good cigars.

Don't smoke too fast. A draw every 30 secs to a minute is ok. Don't touch flame to tobacco. Light the cigar with the heat from the top of the flame.

Don't cut too far down on the cigar. It'll unravel.

Don't dip the tip of your cigar in booze. It fucks the taste.

Rocky Patel makes like 8000000 different bands of cigars. Some of them like the edge series, vintage series are ok, but are overpriced. His sticks also require humidor aging to become truly good. Best to just spend the money with another brand.

Not a bad humi. I usually smoke Liga #9s or My Fathers but those Undercrowns are legit good for their price.

>Cigars international and pipes and cigars have gay shipping issues and awful customer service.
Never had a problem with CI CS. I've even gotten some cracked sticks {could have been mail or dry cigars} and they replaced them for free.

are brick and mortar shops overpriced?

I live in the DC metro area and they CAN be over priced compared to the internet. However, most of them offer a free cigar lounge with a great crowd of people where you can bullshit; it's usually BYOB, too.

A good b&m should have a great selection, some have lounges and their temps and humidity should be perfect. Most if not any of the sticks they have should be in perfect smoking condition.

Their prices tend to be higher but they have some exclusive b&m only lines for some brands knockin about.

Some depending where you live allow you to bring your own booze as well like the other guy said.

I personally ship wherever I can get the best deal. I'm a rather cheap bastard.

I want to smoke a cigar here and there badly, but I cannot because I am not supposed to have any stimulants due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Is there a low nicotine cigar, or are cigars naturally a low dose since you do not inhale anyway?

I'm not Docfag from /b/ back in the day, but probably don't smoke. They're great, but not worth dying for.

You can still get a fairly decent buzz going, especially with retrohaling

I like Sancho Panzas. Anyone else tried one? First box I ever bought and was extremely satisfied with their flavor development

vape 3mg

What do you guys smoke for mild or connecticut cigars?

>vaping
Sry this thread is for men

You guys ever try cheroots? De nobili, parodi, toscano.

They taste like campfire and smoked meat. Friggin delicious. Don't need to humidify em either

What we smokin boys

Oh god, I hope this isn't the start of cigar general where cringelord autists act all sophisticated and worldly about their favorite "sticks". Cigars are disgusting as are the people who smoke them.

What cigar best compliments a meal from McDonald's??

Swisher grape

It's ok to smoke tobacco that isn't a cigarette.
You can smoke a cigar without being a cunt.
Magic.

CAO gold is still one of the best mild cigars in the price point. Even better when you let it just sit and age. Got one that's been aged about 8 months, gonna light it up later.

honestly guys get over the whole tobacco thing. as a 22 year old who smoked cigarettes in total a year on and off and even at best "liked" it stop kidding yourself. just smoke pot . so what cigars are fancy cancer poop logs . if your gunna fuck up your health at least do it with something thatll give you a high jesus.

false
>poop logs
actual child posting here
never had an issue with CI, half the cigars in this picture are from one of their $20 grab bags, probably one of the best deals online. A few came cracked, but they were cheap and still hardly damaged

My father has the same issue and his doctor okayed him to smoke the occasional cigar, fwiw. But I am not a doctor, so maybe speak with yours friend.

RyJ
DE Undercrown shade
5 Vegas Gold
Finck Charles the Great (fight me)

I like the Cuban ones, the other ones not so much.

The Parodis are ok but strong.

I smoke cigarettes and joints, but somehow I can't handle cigars. They make my chest fucking hurt.

I remember when I was like 13, my uncle smoked a cigar in the garden. Sitting next to him inhaling his second hand smoke, I felt a weird but strong kind of pressure in my chest. Like the smoke was burning every vein in my chest. Went to the toilet to relax and have some fresh air. Legit had a "this is it" moment.

My favorite cigar next to the good times 3 for a $1 is the swisher diamond, love enjoying me a classic, unsweetened cigar while drinking an ice cold md 20-20

You're not supposed to inhale them. Even if you're a three pack a day smoker it will turn you green. If you get nicotine sick while smoking a cigar eat a spoonful of sugar and drink a glass of water. It'll knock it right out.