Cast Iron Fags I need your help

Cast Iron Fags I need your help
>Eat smoked mackerel every few days
>Room mates and landlord hate me for stinking out the house
>Tell me to cook it outside
>No outdoor grill

If I heat up a cast iron pan on the burner then take it outside will it stay hot enough to fry my fish for 5 minutes? Also I'm not supposed to wash it after each use right? How can I remove the fish stank so I can bring it inside?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00B4FY8YO/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/05/stinky-cooking-odours-constitute-crime-italys-supreme-court/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Room mates and landlord hate me for stinking out the house
Tell them they're faggots and keep doing it.

I've been doing that since I moved in but they're getting really pissed and landlord may kick me out
Rent is a great deal so I'd like to stay

>kicking someone out because they cook fish
Do Americans seriously do this?

Are you gonna answer the OP or be childish

buy a single propane camping burner for $20 and use it outside. I would say just cook whatever you want and fuck the landlord if you lived alone but you're being a piece of shit to your room mates
amazon.com/dp/B00B4FY8YO/

Might do this
Shit will be fun, like a mini camping trip!

I got called into an HR mediation session for eating a taleggio sandwich at work.

My Korean coworker brought food from home once and there was drama like you wouldn't believe. Unless of course you've worked with 30something white women, in which case, you'd believe it.

Anyway he stopped doing that. But that didn't stop them from making bitchy comments whenever he came into the lunch room for the next few YEARS.

>If I heat up a cast iron pan on the burner then take it outside will it stay hot enough to fry my fish for 5 minutes?

Probably. Try it.

I would but I dont want to buy a stupid cast iron pan and it turns out to not work

It's small enough that you can safely use it indoors too if you need an extra burner or if you have an electric range and need the intensity of a gas burner for something. I use mine to make tea in my room when I'm too lazy to go to the kitchen

this or a hotplate / induction cooker if you have power outside

fuck i'm glad i work outside

Why not get all the bitches fired for racism?

I use cast-iron probably every day. The answer is probably yes.

Also, don't believe that fucking idiot old people voodoo about only scrubbing your pan with salt.

The idea that the tasty flavors are going to magically make your cooking taste better is nonsense, you get the same effect if you wash it with soap and water.

BUT, don't soak it, and towel dry it as soon as you're done washing it. The first 100 times you wash it you're going to want to heat the pan until it starts to smoke, rub the pan inside and out with some oil, and let it dry upside-down in a warm oven.

Unfortunately, cleaning your cast-iron pan probably won't do much to minimize the stank.

So yeah, heat it up good, and bring it outside. It might take a little bit longer to finish as it gradually cooks as a lower heat.

Why don't you just switch to a less pungent fish or are you too autistic to change your eating habits?

>Changing your eating habits because normalfags don't like muh yucky fish

Could you cuck yourself any harder?

>american.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/05/stinky-cooking-odours-constitute-crime-italys-supreme-court/

>cluck cluck cluck

Literal autism

You can play it more safe with an enameled one. Less maintenance.

Jesus Christ
And Italy? I'm surprised, I thought they were all about food

Thats pretty absurd, yet understandable. When you fry fish, you seriously stink BIG. If they are constantly frying fish, its quite offensive. As bad as loud music which disturbs neighbors. Still feels crazy, but I totally get it. Fried fish is not a welcoming aroma, vs something like baking bread.

Why don't you just get a cheap grill?

They can't just kick you out. They need to give you thirty days written notice whether you're on the lease or not. Keep a piece of postmarked mail on you with that address and if they try some shit, call the cops and tell them you live there.

Just to keep it food related, smoked mackerel sounds really good. What else do you prepare it with?

OP, your idea could work but it sounds very impractical. Depending on the area you live in, look into getting a cheap grill (rarely an issue but always helps to look up local fire codes). Can get a small kettle grill for $15-20, if you're in the US you can get plenty of stuff on sale until the end of the month.

If you're not into that, do you bother turning on the air vent in the kitchen? Another method to help with the stink is to get a small saucepan filled with water and a few cinnamon sticks and put it on a back burner set to medium low. Acts as a cheap air freshener.

shit man just buy a george foreman and plug it in with an extension cord

hotplate + extension cord.

Wtf you're supposed to cook the smoked mackerel ?!

No, just buy an electric burner and extension cord.

for the price of a hotplate he could get a cheap charcoaler

Wash fish with lemon and vinegar

>smoked mackerel

why are you cooking it?

Wouldn't you?

maybe