Worst food you ever tried?

Worst food you ever tried?

fermented fish

Mofongo.

blue cheeese

Nattō.

I'm half-Japanese and I threw up when my grandmother tried to get me to eat that shit.

pizza

Black licorice. Cannot comprehend how anyone finds that taste appealing

pickled mango from thailand

pickled baby octopus head. it wasn't gutted either so whatever was inside the head squirted in my mouth.

Wait a sec. Isn't natto fermented soybeans? Describe the taste.

Only thing that comes to my mind is eating chicken that wasn't fully cooked... other than that one time I made eggs and spiced it with something. Forget what it's called, but I was pretty sick afterwards...

tried kale the other night cause some user recommended it and gagged so bad. even the smell was toxic

The worst was a piece of trinidad moruga scorpion pepper. Not only was it incredibly spicy, but it had this indescribably terrible flavor.

Natto, durian, and century egg are up there too.

Vanilla protein powder

Durian or a century egg

Take it back

Give it a try again in a couple of years. I couldn't stand the taste at all when I was younger but now I can at least tolerate it.
Maybe my palette has expanded or just some of my taste buds have died but I've noticed that I now enjoy some things I hated previously.

Wrong, it's delicious.

Tripe

Kratom. Although I'm not sure if it counts as food.

Ummmm... pickles and gravy.
What possessed somebody to make that is beyond me.
I got it because I didn't know what it was and it looked like something else.
But then I took a bite and ugh.
Beef gravy on pickles.
Why? Who?

Olives

Lutefisk

Seconded. Tripe has a decent texture but I always feel ill afterwards.

This is up there
>best friend parents are from poland
>Dad used to always get us shitfaced and make us a bunch of polack food
>10/10 drunk, pulls out some fermented fish
>I swallow it and pretend its good to be polite
>Puke the rest of the night and all day the next day everytime i think of the taste

Is not too bad in a spicy soup.
My polish friend made me some.
I don't like the wiggly bits.

balut

>worst
>worst
>worst

Why the fuck aren't these little shit threads from little shitheads deleted on sight? Most of the time it's perfectly fine dishes you little shits shitpost about. Fuck off to /s4s/ you little shits.

why dont you start one instead of being a little bitch boy LOL!

Yeah you fucking nigger!

fuck you, olives are delicious.

Russian salad

stfu, faggot.

meatloaf

I would do anything for love but I won't do that

Hot. What was the texture/taste like?

Like an explosion of very nasty semen that had chunks.

I posted this here years ago:

>be in Bahamas for Christmas vacation
>rent an apartment for the week
>father hears of whelk stew
>gathers shitload of whelks
>brews up godawful mess in a big pot
>whole apartment reeks of iodine
>father insists everyone eat it because he worked so hard to make it
>eat some
>tastes like big bowl of iodine
>sick for rest of the night
>plenty left over for leftovers for the rest of the decade
>whole place reeks of iodine for rest of vacation

We had plenty of fresh fucking fish to eat. I don't know why he was so insistent on eating that crap.

Test

That actually sounds good.

That shit is like chunky matcha when you slightly overdose and throw up. 1/10

I was once served a dish of leek and potato soup which was so saturated with Worcestershire sauce that I was physically uncomfortable for hours after only eating a few spoonfuls. So I guess I've gotten off pretty easy compared to some of these.

Im polish and will never eat that shit again. My dad tricked me into eating that shit. I will never forgive him.

I HATE the texture

t. autist

pickled herring?

He was obviously treating you for radiation sickness, you fucking faggot.
Respect your elders!

When I was about 16 I was pretty high and mixed peanut butter into a can of tuna. It actually wasn't that bad, but I should've gone with smooth PB rather than chunky.

not the same guy but the flavor is pretty inoffensive. It's got a mild tofu/tempeh-like flavor thats not bad at all. But the texture--it's like semi-soft soybeans suspended in really viscous snot.

That being said, it's pretty good mixed with mustard, sauce, and bonito flakes on top of steaming white rice

>t.weeb who has never touched the stuff

uh huh. My gf is japanese. Natto is not an obscure food.

Its not the worst thing I've tasted, but the worst consistency and texture of any real food has to be halva. So dry and cloying.

i had foie gras once at an Asian restaurant
it tasted like bile
pretty sure it's not supposed to taste like that

Pickled plums

century eggs are nasty af

balut doesn't actually taste that bad but it's a fucking nightmare psychologically and the texture is undesirable

I have to say, as a guy that likes most Nip food, I don't want to try that. I'd rather just have miso.

Nice bowls. Now throw out the disgusting shit in them and use them for something edible.

Piure

Filipino food

Harkarl, ie fermented shark.

FPBP

As a Dutchfag, I kindly suggest you sodomise yourself with a running chainsaw

imo's pizza in St Louis

seems like rotten

I gave it a try once in a small sushi and regretted it immediately. The fermented taste is only slightly offensive and I can see how someone can develop a taste for it.

But the sticky stay-on-your tongue texture fucking brings nightmares. I was eating it in a restaurant and i just wanted to get it over but it kept sticking and the texture wouldn't change enough to swallow. Each chew forced me to relive the flavor while doing almost nothing to help gulp it down. Like a minute straight of hate.

Pic related. The plate with left over pieces stayed like that

Just looking at this makes me want to die

>durian
>bad

jesus christ i bet you kiss girls too you fucking faggot

mad

Yeah I remember eating this and thinking "eh this is fine", it has a very mild fermented taste, nothing interesting either way

But the aftertaste just doesn't fucking leave. You end up with this mild, almost mould-like flavour in your mouth for 30 minutes afterwards

Chutney. It was extremely spicy and bitter. Never again.

kale is a meme for selfhating vegans who use food to punish themselves

I thought century eggs were used to flavor soups and shit? aren't you not supposed to actually eat them?

2c-e is miles worse if we're gonna play the drugs cards. bitter beyond belief. only thing I've ever snorted that made me puke

ayahuasca is also pretty fucking nasty

stuffed grape leaves

>french food in an asian 'strant
don't do this

kys

bacalao

Pancit Palabok.

I think I just ate it at a shitty place, though. I'd be willing to try it again if it was legit well made.

yeah, they're usually used as a salty, savory component. My favorite way to use them is in congee.

I'm Ukrainian and I think this is the godsend. When I think of having a cold vodka shot with a piece of pickled herring I start salivating

Liver. I have been hating it since the day I was born. I remember my parents would try to trick me into eating it saying it was just a special type of meat.

Uncultured faggot plebs

Unless you're on a low sodium, low fat diet. Shit's gonna clog your arteries to valhalla

>Spanish Jamon
Classy chefs / hipsters call it good. Maybe I got the cheap bad stuff.

>Sauerkraut
Is it really fermented sour or did our goodie basket got bad from sunlight?

>Emmentaler
Expecting usual salty goodness. Bamboozled. Not even good for snacking

This

I am from Lithuania and I fucking love herring with onions.

>Spanish Jamon
As opposed to German Jamon or French Jamon maybe?
Retard.

It's ugly but it doesnt taste bad. Would eat

Garlic ice cream is absolutely foul. You can find it on the roadside stands in coastal California and if you ever get the temptation to actually buy that shit, don't.

>live in the netherlands
>try their traditional dish: herring
>buy herring with diced onions
>eat it
>vomit all over the kitchen
>mom comes home
yeah never again. Btw is it possible to vomit because of the taste of food?

Russian and love it with potatoes

Yes...if your body thinks that what you're putting inside you is not something you should put in, it will reject it

It's fucking delicious. Try the salty ones are the best.

>bought pickled herring when I was at ikea a couple weeks ago
>haven't opened the jar yet

Thanks for the warning familia.
I've always wanted to travel in northern europe but their food puts me off the idea something fierce.

What kind of liver? Goose, duck, pig, cow, lamb, chicken, dove?
All taste very different.

Pleb. Alcohol plus picked shit is incredible. Pickled onions, pickled fish, pickled chillis, pickled pickles, salty crackers, sharp cheese and vodka or beer is god tier.

m8 I love pickled vegetables to no end but pickled fish, I don't know

Not to mention venison liver. Completely different than beef liver. I'm not a big fan of beef liver but a liver from a fresh killed deer is the best meat of the entire animal.

We don't eat fermented fish in Poland, ive never heard of it and I'm from Eastern Poland so if something as disgusting was eaten anywhere it would be here

Maybe you mean some fish in oil and onions but that's not even close to fermentation