Olives

I want to be able to eat and enjoy olives on their own. I love things made with olives like tapenades and puttanesca pasta, but can't really eat them whole. What's the best olive?

Other urls found in this thread:

tassos.com/cart/tassos-olives/tassos-double-stuffed-garlic-and-jalapeno-olives-1-liter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one on the bottom left looks super fuckable

My favorite to snack on are castelvetranos. Really nice salty flavor but not too briney tasting.

isn't brine a salty flavour?
Your sentence confuses me.

Yeah I see your point. They just have a fresher taste to me without that vinegary flavor.

This. Cheese stuffed olives are god tier.
>mfw eating those with freshly baked bread and dipping the bread in the oil from the jar

these are my favorite

tassos.com/cart/tassos-olives/tassos-double-stuffed-garlic-and-jalapeno-olives-1-liter

my ninja!

The grocery store by me has an olive bar. I get a bunch of unstuffed green olives in brine and a block of Roquefort blue cheese. Pretty damn tasty. Other than that I get em from a local place that has them hand stuffed. Never really was a fan of the jarred ones with the "blue cheese" filling.

Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed olives are the best stuffed olives I've found available jarred. Pungent garlic flavor, firm fleshed olive, not too brine-y. I think they'd be great in a bloody mary, too.

Downside is that they're fairly expensive at $6.99 to $7.99 a jar.

Sounds good. I just grabbed that picture as an example. I grab them off the olive bar at either Fresh Market or Whole Foods/Paycheck

Get feta stuffed green olives. The more of the olive you eat the more intense the salt flavour will be. Cut them in quarters and go from there. Black olives are less salty

>Never really was a fan of the jarred ones with the "blue cheese" filling.

They always end up...pasty and gritty at the same time.

I think you're problem is that you, on a fundamental level, have the wrong mindset about eating olives. They're not like chips where you just stuff your face with them putting yourself into a carb induced coma. They have a very delicate flavor and should be enjoyed carefully and patiently. Maybe get out an assortment of cheese, cured meats, crackers(low sodium), etc. to pass time in between olives. You really only want to eat maybe one every couple minutes or so or you will quickly grow sick of them. It also helps to have a variety of at least three or four different types of olive. If the mood is right, you may even want to turn down the lights, light up some candles (something mild like sandalwood), snuggle up in a warm wool blanket, perhaps with that certain someone, maybe turn on a movie, or even just some soft jazz, whatever it takes to bring those brain waves down to the alpha-theta range. Anyways, I think you get the gist of it. Basically olives aren't meant for eating with mountain dew while pwning noobs in halo. Take this advice to heart my man, and vibe on ;)

stuffed olives are probably best for getting into olives

i like almond stuffed

came here to post this.
these things are dank as fuck. i use the juice in my bloodys. i dont recommend speaking to anyone after eating these

I get mine, wash them as much as I can, apply olive oil, garlic, thyme and oregano. Am I doing it wrong?

Have you tried various stuffings? I love jalepeno stuffed olives.

You haven't truly enjoyed the full experience with olives unless you eat them with a nice tall glass of coke

castelvetrano olives are god tier

Garlic stuffed olives were my first foray into olives and they're wonderful. Lately I've been eating more of pic related. Might be worth looking into, OP.

Kalamata olive

Greenfags need to fuck off.

>stuffed olives
I shouldn't expect anything from green olives fags
An olive that's only good with stuffing

You see this shit? This is an american olive. Like American products its mas-produced, bland, and tastes unnatural, yet every party I go to some nigger thinks its a good idea to have these for public consumption.

This Olive is the sole reason black olives get a bad rep.

Saying that you want to eat olives on their own is like saying that you want to eat soy sauce on its own. The vast majority of cultivars are intended to be eaten with other foods.

>yet every party I go to some nigger thinks its a good idea to have these for public consumption.
I've never been to anybody's house and they tried putting black olives out for snack food.

Artfag circles, maybe its a yuerop thing who knows.

Regardless people thinking to highly of themselves think olives are the height of culture yet provide those abominations.

You see these ugle shrived niggers? Yea they look like ass, but holy shit do they taste like mana from the gods. This is your Prime Olives here, the whole reason humans started farming olives. They will preserve by themselves for years and years, I've had some which were over 2 decades old and they were as good as off the branch. Sadly you can only get them in middle east shit holes, but at least they don't go off while importing.

But that's wrong you fucking retard.

Maybe stop hanging out with teenagers or teenage-minded adults

>read the thread
>the only people who can tolerate eating olives "by themselves" are the people who actually eat them with cheese stuffed inside
Looks like I'm actually right.

You fucking retard.

they've always had a buttery sort of flavor to me

What the difference between VS unpitted olives?

I just tried some unpitted olives and they certainly have a more earthy taste

Purple ones from greece, vacuumed and in little brine
Kalamata oloves