5 Guys rated America's Favorite burger chain

>Three different factors contribute to the index score - familiarity, quality and purchase consideration.

>Five Guys beat competing chains In-N-Out Burger, followed by Shake Shack, Wendy's, Culver's, Whataburger, McDonald's, SONIC, Smashburger and Steak 'n' Shake.

>McDonald's holds the highest familiarity score across all brands measured in the study, but Five Guys landed the top spot in the "purchase consideration" category.

>“The burger brand category has become less fragmented, as regional brands expand and become available in more parts of the country,” said Joan Sinopoli, vice president of brand solutions. “This is certainly the case with Five Guys, who has shed its ‘small regional player’ designation as it expands its footprint and marketing budget along with its fandom, which is a tremendous contributor to brand equity.”
theharrispoll.com/business/Millennials-Beef-Up-Restaurants-Brand-Equity.html

How does this make you feel

Like I wish Five Cucks would stop shilling here.

Don't care.

Decent burger, but burger marketing doesn't interest me.

Polls say Hillary Clinton to win presidential election in historic landslide.

>Americans are lazy and like to waste money: the article.

No foolin'.

I feel indifference. Any "Chain" establishment is shit. I can walk 3 blocks and get a better burger and better fries from a real restaurant that actually attends to their patrons.

Rating a chain is like rating public bathrooms...does anyone really care?

Five guys is too expensive and their fries are shit

well put my e-friend. chains have zero personality. the employees are on tight leashes, nobody wants to be there, and the particular corporate culture must be abided by at all times. step out of character and YOURE FIRED.

>ever going to fast food except when you're in a hurry and go through the drive thru
Anyone who goes to a fast food place that doesn't have a drive thru (aka five guys) is a literal sjw cuck

agreed

but their fries are the best when done right. ask for them well done next time. employees usually under fry them. I used to work there. Burgers aren't even seasoned, because they think the seasoning all comes from their proprietary bun.

5 guys has the juicy luicy, right?

inb4 the in-n-out coastie defense force

They're shitty because they're not blanched.

It's gonna lean to Five Guys if familiarity is a factor. In-N-Out is west coast, Culvers is Midwest, Whataburger is Texas, etc.

Adequate, since 5 guys has without a doubt the best fast-food burger on the market.

Except every morning they are cut, and blanched thoroughly till the water that they're in is clear from starch every morning. What are you talking about?

Price aside, I would take a Five Guys burger pretty much any day over Sonic, In-N-Out, Wendy's, McDonald's, or for that matter probably also Hardee's/Carl Jr's, and I'd take them ANY day over Steak 'n' Shake with their disgusting "mayo".

But Five Guys should not be compared to any of those places. It should be compared to places that don't have a drive-thru and that cook your burger to order, every time. When you factor in price, you should be comparing Five Guys to places like The Habit (at least, the ones I know of don't have a drive-thru), deli burgers, and even Red Robin (for their basic/classic burgers, not their fancier offerings).

I only marginally liked Five Guys when I first tried them, especially when you consider how much you have to pay and their limp ass fries. Some locations do the fries better than others but overall, I am not generally a fan. You get tons of fries and they are cooked fresh and stay hot but if I had my choice between tons of their fries and tons of fries from other places - I'd choose other places rather frequently.

Then you factor in the bland taste of their burger and the single cheese option... It's a good value in terms of good quality food, fresh, hot, and friendly service. But the taste and texture themselves are what I take issue with.

>>that'll be 7.99 plus tip

...i care about the quality of public bathrooms...

I've sat in a five guys and watched them slam russets mid afternoon. Then take them and serve them after frying...not even a water bath.

Like I've watched it transpire...I was so fucking fascinated by the lack of care that I lost track of the conversation I was having with a 7/10 qt.

>five guys customers are sjw cucks

What an absurd assertion. The whitetrash customers I've seen waddling into the Southhaven, MS, Five Guys, are wearing guns on their hip, idiot.

Two things:

1. Five Guys is a NATIONAL chain, second and third place are REGIONALS confined to a specific area. Not withstanding how dumb it is to pit regionals that many voters will have never even seen against national chains, how humiliating is it they barely beat out the regionals in a national survey? Especially when FAMILIARITY is one of the metrics?

If this test had been equitable at all, Regionals and Nationals would be seperated, and it would look something like this:

>National
5 guys, Wendys, McDonals, SONIC, Smashburger, Steak n Shake
>regional
In N Out, Shake Shack, Culvers, Whataburger,

2. Best chain

Congratulations, you won the special olympics

I second (third?) this.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't see how their bun is proprietary but the meat is totally bland. Why are the employees trained to under fry them??? That's so retarded - that makes them turn out limp and greasy rather than potato-y and crisp. I really hope that potato-y and crisp is how they made their name and everyone just screws up the fries since. Only one Five Guys even came close to making them decent.

I'm sure there's an app you can download to rate your toilet experience.

It's "TAKEOUT" not "FAST FOOD". There is a difference.

This. I will always praise an institution if they have clean bathrooms.

One of the reasons I like Chic Fil A so much even if I don't eat there often.

No, thats the 5-8 club in Minneapolis

Spot the numale 5 cucks shill

They probably come out crispy but then they get dumped in that bin where they steam and drip grease all over each other

I... I might actually have to check into this...

chick fil a. I'm telling you nigga.

ALWAYS. CLEAN

Sounds like they ran out of pre cut potatoes. You were just at a pooly run five guys.

Honestly the way they're trained to do and it's even addressed in the videos they make you watch, them results in a not very crispy fry usually. And they become limp fast in the bag with their stupid packaging and the extra scoop. Add that to the fact that your average minimum wage employee couldn't care less about how your fries turn out, and you get shitty fries.

Post pics

Multiple places claim to have it. I don't know how that's legal

When will the "Veeky Forums hates 5 guys" meme come to an end?

>article is about a poll
>haha guys aren't americans just so dum?!!! ain't I rite, mate?? yes, lad???? right, cunt???

As far as the popular college is concerned, that is correct.

Maybe when they don't suck, the only place fast food place I will buy a burger from is the Habit.

No it isn't, you fucking moron, she won popular vote by like 1%. Also she should be in jail.

For me, its johnny rockets or in n out. The best fast food hamboiga

Although if you arent buying beef or turkey and making them at home, you fucked up

>Subway is the Sandwich Shop Brand of the Year for the seventh consecutive year. The brand has shown strong and stable equity over the last 13 years, and while it holds similar equity scores across generations, its reported frequency of visits favor younger generations.
This is depressing. How can such a chain so low in quality have such a stranglehold on consumer mindshare. Even McDonald's doesn't rank near the top of the burger portion of the survey. Sandwiches are the absolute least effort food there is to prepare, so it can't be that hard to deliver a better alternative.

This. I'd rather buy the ingredients and cook my own meals and cut out the overhead and profits. At least buy your ready-to-eat meals from Grocerants like Publix or Costco.

What does it say about us as creatures that we argue over which fast food chain makes the best burger?

Sandwiches are pretty low competition, most people prefer something hot for lunch or dinner

Subway is the biggest sandwich brand shop out there so it easily wins. Ultimately i think sandwiches are the most pointless fast food thing you can buy. There are so mindlessly easy to make and cheap, when i was a poor kid we used to have a ton of sandwiches for dinner. toasted whole wheat bread with seeds, turkey, sharp cheddar, pickles, mustard, tomato, spinach. Throw in a can of kidney or garbonzo beans on the side if its not enough and thats it. A $2 dinner that can be repeated for a week

It's for people too lazy to just make their own and its the only one that people know about really. My local pizza joint does a footlong meat ball or italian sub for 5 bucks with tax yet my coworkers will go to subway and bitch about it. Just idiots who think its health food and lazy idiots who won't make their own thats infinitely better, I think a lot of it is the health idiots though thanks to Jared and people who want to lose weights.

I kept trying a few different local pizza places, just trying their pizzas or subs or lasagnas etc. At every place, the sauce and cheese seemed grotesque. Not tasting, but small places don't give a single fuck about presentation. The bread and crust was also extremely chewy, as if there were tons of yeast in it or some shit. It was like chewing a fucking steak, some of those pizza crusts. I'm just sticking with Dominos, its cheap, its good, no fucks given.

>tfw Subway is literally the only "deli" where I live
I guess I should make a BMT myself

A bathroom in Chic Fil A is not considered a public bathroom. It's operated and maintained by a private institution.

A public bathroom would be one you'd find at a rest stop, city park, etc.

>Jimmy Johns
>Getting one of the cheap slim subs
No shit there's no meat on it.

>How does this make you feel
No feelings about it whatsoever. I almost never eat at chains. There are plenty of good burger joints near me, so if I want a burger I go to one of them.

Steak n shake is better and wayyyy cheaper. Especially the fries

>le_donald

take your pick and begone

>>>/reddit/

Shut up, cuckboi

You're so trendy and redpilled. Aren't you cool?

You're so hip and tolerant, are you from reddit?

fuck off reddit

I'll give you my slim.

Maybe when they stop being shit-tier

>5 goys

Yo wassup Southaven nigga, you go to hornlake high a few years ago?

>5
>guys
>5
>GUYS

mfw i like 5 guys

I'm thinking about going to 5 guys tonight just for an order of cajun fries, well done.

Others in this thread have mentioned they dislike their fries and that they prepare them carelessly. I actually don't care for 5 guys burgers and go there specifically for the fries

>popular college

I'm here at 5 guys. Just ordered my fries

I was about to say that price was outrageous, but remembered they fill that bag about 1/3 full with that shit.

lmao

5 bucks for fries?

They were great. Really hit the spot

Is this the thread where poor californian white trash and minorities pretend that Five Guys is too expensive. Yeah, this is that thread...

Protip: If you're so poor you have to include price as a consideration in your food opinions, then your opinions aren't worth shit to a real white person.

I wouldn't eat that dogshit if it was literally free

Five guys is for fedora tippers that won't to show off on r/eddit that they are rebelling against mainstream fast food.

You type like a nigger. You also just reddit spaced your post while pretending to hate reddit.

You seem to be very familiar with the place

The one and only in my area opened up earlier this year so I tried it for the first time last Friday

good sized burger but despite me loading up on toppings the burger itself was nearly flavorless. There was nothing memorable about it. Hell Wendy's has more flavor than 5 Guys.

Permission to deflect denied. Go back to where you came from.

>inb4 r/Jamal keeps pretending this is a conversation he can have

>Money is no object
>I go to a chain burger place
Pick one.

>5 goy shill telling other people to go back
Pottery

>poor people trying to explain to non-poors what their options are

>regurgitating memes from the most reddit board on this site

>Overpaying for a flavorless burger is a status symbol for me

>flavorless burger
Shouldn't you be out somewhere getting shot by a minority, in-n-out shill?

I don't give a shit about in-n-out. I would just hope this shithole could at least match a Wendy's burger.

>poor people are so butthurt and existentially embarrassed by not being able to waste money on Five Guys that they're now making memes (7years after memes stopped being a thing) so they don't have to keep typing out the same tired damage control all the time
Just get a better fucking job, kid. It's not that hard to not be poor trash.

Five guys is not a remotely good burger. But just keep making about money, retard.

>Five guys is not a remotely good burger.
You keep telling yourself that. Maybe someday you'll start making better life decisions and won't have to scrape together pennies and settle for in-n-out instead of Five Guys.

I have a Five Guys, Smashburger, and In N Out all near me and for some reason, I do tend to pick the Five guys over the rest

In N Out is good, light stuff, but for some reason it no longer sits right in my stomach

I get Five Guys plain, just ketchup, and the sweet bun goes well with the savory meat

Smashburger is just greasy af

>familiarity, quality and purchase consideration.
Well I can see why they'd win then.

I think Whataburger is the best, followed by In-N-Out, then Five Guys, and Steak 'n' Shake.

lal, more like $17.99

Can't really beat Five Guys when it comes to a nationwide burger joint honestly.

The burgers themselves are great. Nice thick pattie, very nice bun, and a downright HUGE array of toppings and sauces. My personal favorite is cheese, sauteed mushrooms onions and peppers, A1, and mayo.

Fries are KILLER. Especially the cajun ones. And plus you get all you can eat free peanuts!

A fresh Wendy's burger is equal to a 5 guys burger

manager/shift lead didn't predict demand well enough. Company policy is to wash the fries and then fill big ass buckets with fries and water and put it in the fridge until it's needed.

Shoestring staffing means you can't send someone off the line to keep the stock in the fridge up throughout the day, so they run out of thoroughly washed fries after the first lunch rush and then everyone else that day just gets shitty fries with none of the starch washed away.

I love steak and shake, they're the only drivie-thru who will serve you a burger cooked medium without giving you any shit about it.

>25 cents worth of ingredients
>b-buh it came in a big bag and had speshul red salt on it
Fucking Americans

>being that retard who eats undercooked ground beef
It's no surprise you posted an anime image.

I live in Georgia and I've never seen a Five Guys in my life. Does it even exist in the south?

ya. im in nc and the nearest one is about an hour and a half away from me in charlotte

This

There's one in MS in Southhaven near the border with Memphis. I've seen pistol wearing whitetrash waddle into it when I've been up there. Of course I'm not going anywhere near Memphis w/o packing, but it ain't on my hip in plain sight.

Its from the DC area, they're growing by profitability. They perfected the chains in the DMV then moved north, then west, and I guess finally moving to the poors in the south