What can I eat that will help my depression?

What can I eat that will help my depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

hindustantimes.com/health-and-fitness/having-fruits-and-vegetables-can-drive-away-depression-in-just-two-weeks/story-K3ZVlrIvUyeRlYFw2bAtzL.html
webmd.com/depression/guide/diet-recovery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a bullet

6 big macs and 20 nuggets

Marijuana edibles.

percocet

I love being depressed sadly it doesn't happend often. You think of allot of stuff when you are depressed that will help you get stronger as a person. Also whatever makes you happy i guess your favorite foods?

Good ol' chicken noodle soup.

Ex dee!!

dark chocolate
hot shit like spicy peppers, horseradish, raw garlic

avoid alcohol and other downers

I always get dominos, though that probably adds to the suicidal ideation.

pizza and rakia ofc.

Novelty cures depression. So use your money to eat something you have always wanted to eat but never have. Or something that you enjoy rarely but don't like to spend the money on. A comfort food from your mom's recipe may help, but that may spiral you towards too much nostalgia.

Salads. Some fruit, try some boba milk tea. Hell, try something new you never had especially if it's expensive like lobster or sushi.

Ranch dressing

Spiced food helps me usually
The heat fakes the idea of having overflowing energy

Non-meme answer.

Long term, anything with high amounts of vitamin D. Fish, livers, cheeses, anything marked as fortified with vitamin D.

Short term, anything with sugars, fruits, most chocolates, oysters.

For me, it is the McChicken.
The best depression-curing sandwich.

The correct answer.

this. also drink more water and stop masturbating as much

Help meaning reduce I assume.

Well, anti-depressants.

As far as food goes. Make sure to eat a balanced diet and only eat one serving per meal. Three meals per day and an option of ONE snack either between breakfast and lunch or between lunch and dinner.

Stop eating candy, fruit juice, ice cream, cake and drinking sodas.

Some foods, supposedly, help curb depression:

Chickpeas
Avocado
Fat fish (Salmon, Eel etc.)
Berries rich in vitamin C [Because (long story short) they are usually also rich in good stuff for your brain) (Lingonberries, Rosehip, gojis etc.)
Avocado
Eggs (soft boil them for ultimate nutriontal gains)
Also, make sure to stay hydrated. Drink clean, fresh water often during the day. every time you decide to drink a glass of water naturally. drink an extra glass and a half.

Ultimately, your diet does affect your overall well-being a great deal, but if you have a severe depression, please also go to a psychologist and a psychiatrist and get som SSRI or similar pills prescribed and take them regularly while you also eat well and exercise and socialize.

No amount of chickpeas will make you happy on their own.

Anti-depressants don't do shit but make you a zombie. Don't fall for the pharmajew

Direct sunlight to the eye's

Tinfoil hat confirmed. Get a job, your own place and stop being uninformed and a fear-monger online.

Serious answer here, raw vegan. Happened to me and someone else I personally know. Chances are you'll preferer to be depressed than become or even try raw vegan, but you ask, so I answer honestly.

This, being depressed allows you to get in touch with your inner self, although of course chronic depression is hell.

Trying lexapro right now. I don't even know. At least I'm not crying over nothing. Talk to your dr OP. Hopefully you can find a way to help the depression without meds. But if not give them a try. You may have to try a few different antidepressants before finding a good fit.

Exercise boosts mood quite a bit. Brisk walking, riding a bicycle. Both those for like 40 minutes leave you feeling much better.

Ive been on lexapro for many years. It works great for me. Only problem is it makes sleep a bit tough, and of course diminished sex drive. But that's ok I never get laid anyway. Hope it works for you! Don't give up. Not all medications work for all people.

Dif user, also any foods high in L-Tryptophan

>allot

Zoloft or Prozac.

Figure out why you're depressed, it might dictate which food you need to eat.

cummies

or give you unbearable tinnitus

Eat lots of soup. Drink lots of tea. Damiana tea and motherwort tea are very good for depression.

If you're right that's a hell of a coincidence. I'm a depressed piece of shit but these are all some of my favorite foods.
I never drank all that much either, but it just lost it's allure unless it's paired with a meal for taste

Do they? Not all anti depressants are ototoxic though?

Foods high in tryptophan (serotonin precursor)

Also, taking care of yourself and getting the help you need won't hurt.

or make you frustratingly horny while turning your dick into limp mush

>I love being depressed sadly it doesn't happend often

The fuck kind of faggot bullshit is this? You have NEVER been depressed

>2017
>in the US
>not suffering from continual depression

What's your secret? Bottle it and you'll make a mint.

5 things:

>a job
>a wife
>children
>friends
>hobbies

Inb4 "REEEE NORMIES" retardation.

Those things would make me even more depressed.

>disliking vegetables

Fat femaleposter spotted.

>a job
>a bunch of bullshit distractions

Not exactly a secret

So if you're already an introverted autistic sperg, you have the answer to your question. I'm not going to be suckered into a pityparty, as misery loves company. If you dint want to contribute to society, leave society. Either bow out Unabomber style or swandive off the nearest overpass into oncoming traffic.

Life is a series of distractions. Staying focused is difficult. Your end goal should be reproduction, by any and all means. Pass on your line if you're strong enough. Raising children takes a lot of intellectual, emotional, physical and financial resilience. Improve yourself first before you dream of improving the lives of others. Or do the Unabomber/swandive thing I told the other user to do.

The choice is yours, harmoniously work WITH nature, or spend your entire life suffering, trying to work AGAINST nature.

That's an awful lot of projection there. That was my first post ITT and you know nothing else about me.

zyklon b

Not wanting those things, makes you a birthdefect, by Nature's standard. Truth hurts sometimes.

Where on earth do you people come up with the idea spawning another little monster brings bliss? It's arguably the worst thing a human can do and if there were a god, he would surely punish it unmercifully.

It's literally chemistry. Your body goes nuts with endorphins and other chemicals to make sure you're convinced to take care of your own child. Women especially get the short end of the stick, they pretty much turn into a different person after having a child.

Interesting. I didn't realize that. Makes sense because no one who's rationality hadn't been compromised with a flood of hormones and chemicals would want to deal with it.

See
Again, you're a birthdefect.

Is that the lie you tell yourself to feel better about women seeing you as a weak mating partner/provider?

Bleach pie

humans aren't only individually rational - our rationality is centered on the continuation of the species as well.

also if you don't have children who you raise well to love you and want to take care of you, you had better make fuck tons of money because otherwise nobody will take care of you when you are old and weak and your brains turn to mush

just because it's a lot of work doesn't mean it's irrational

Please don't ever post anything on any board ever again. You've never been depressed and you don't know what it means.

Every species on Earth feels a compulsion to procreate. Anything that doesn't, or consciously chooses not to is a birth defect. The chances of it being a "choice" for the people responding to us is about 1%. Forced abstinence is more than likely. Constant rejection by women fuels the MGTOW mentality. Weaklings.

A one chamber dose of quiet pills.

Try the long chiggin

I guarantee that you're a whore with Chad regret. Please kill yourself

>serotonindealer.com
>The Serotonin Eatery is a plant-based cafe providing foods that regulate neurotransmitters and hormone activity within our bodies, keeping our mood and gut happy.

Damn, BTFO

Why are you feeling down, my man? I've fought depression for 5 years, you gotta talk that shit out.

Feeling the edge to close to the screen there m'lord

Anything greasy and/or spicy

>person who thinks he's had depression elects himself as gatekeeper for all depressed people

You've never been depressed if you think you can't be depressed if you're only depressed occasionally. I've never felt a positive emotion in my life so I have the authority to say that.

See
MGTOW go back to your containment board, thanks.

You sound really fun.

Learn to embrace your depression. Mine comes and goes,but when it comes,it's a strange feeling. Kind of like I'm home. I know suffering lies ahead,but at the start of my bout I feel at ease like an old friend just came to pay me a visit.

I think a lot of people ITT are confusing depression with "sadness" or maybe "unhappiness".

My depression is sort of constant, but the "deep dark hole" parts are definitely not anything I would enjoy since emotions themselves become meaningless and empty. It's like being sucked dry of everything that make you a human being and you just suddenly exist for no reason and you realize everything you've been doing, your whole existence, has been empty and meaningless. It's really hard to get out of that place because you realize that everything is just an empty and meaningless distraction from this "truth" of never-ending existential crisis.
I'd sooner enjoy a root canal.

I'm loads of fun you retarded faggot. Nice retort btw, you really stuck to the topic and showed everyone how wrong I was.

There is no containment board for MGTOW. And don't think for a moment we're antisocial permavirgins. We hose when compelled, but we refuse to have an anchor tied around our neck. Get used to it. The landscape of wife material in the US is a disaster. Name one person who isn't over 50 that hasn't been divorced within 7 years of marriage and literally had his finances raped. Protip: you can't.

>Name one person who isn't over 50 that hasn't been divorced within 7 years of marriage
My boss is 35, been married for 15 years, and has 5 kids.

seconded. bringing a sentient being into this world is cruel and unusual punishment.

Humans have been somewhat apart from nature for a long time. The "subjects of nature" argument doesn't quite capture the essence of our species.

fpbp

I'm 33 and married for 9 years. 3 kids, all boys. Oldest is 7, youngest is 2. Go back to .

Thanks.

Nature is all around us. You are an animal with instincts. If smelling pussy doesn't get your cock hard; you're broken. The drive to procreate is built into all living things with few exceptions.

everything. try to fill the void with food, get super fat, hate yourself every time you eat and then starve yourself, rinse wash and repeat

Desu

That's the first comment I directed towards you, wet blanket man :3

>tfw cant eat when depressed
>tfw depressed all the time

I've been on an SSRI for 4 years now and have no side effects. I've gotten my life back on track. Suck it plebs

Fruits and vegetables. Eating a llot of fruits and vegetables quite simply makes you a happier person. There was a British study done confirming this but I can't find the link in 15 seconds of googling but I found this.

hindustantimes.com/health-and-fitness/having-fruits-and-vegetables-can-drive-away-depression-in-just-two-weeks/story-K3ZVlrIvUyeRlYFw2bAtzL.html

this

You were never depressed you fucking retard

Millennials.

webmd.com/depression/guide/diet-recovery

Ass & titties

>>>>>reddit

Fermented vegetables and no refined grain products or sugar. The GI track biome adversely affects the parts of the brain which regulate dopamine and seratonin. Fermented foods are good for gut bacteria where as shitty refrained glucose isn't

What the fuck does this even mean? Nobody mentioned more than one comment.

what about taking care of another man's child
is that chemistry too or just cuckoldry?

>shirt fabric is so thin you can see her bra
why do women wear these things

prostate stimulation, girl

>giving the anti-gun fags ammunition
no way fag

I know what you're talking about and I agree with you but what you talk about experiencing isn't depression.

Lead