How the fuck do i make good spaghetti aglio e olio?

How the fuck do i make good spaghetti aglio e olio?

Also, can i use fresh oregano isntead of parsley, i fucking hate parsley?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=-ITcbN9OgPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your just heating peppers and garlic in oil to make an infusion . Toss in cooked pasta and swirl it around a bit. That's it your done

While cooking your pasta, put a good amount of olive oil in a pan and put in on medium-low heat. Add Garlic (and chili if you like) right in. Let it slowly sizzle and once it's toasted (not burnt!) you can add your pasta in. You'll probably need like 3 cloves of garlic. And if you don't like parsley, maybe try fresh basil. I think that oregano might be a little too "strong". But do what you like. Oh, and don't forget the parmigiano.

i bought some chili, but it looks like its pretty much only seeds and not much red flakes, will it work?

also, i have a pot with fresh oregano on my balcony so i thought about using it, but i might go and buy some fresh basil as you said

It's called spaghetti al aglio, olio, e peperoncino because that's all it has, no fucking parsley, no fucking oregano, nothing else.

nah you want flesh, not seeds. seeds can be overwhelming

>no fucking parsley
wrong
dont liste to this nerd, seeds are perfectly fine

Are you the guy who spergs out about carbonara?

I get lemon and chocolate ice cream IN THE SAME CONE whenever I go to Italy.

There's a word for that, dipshit.

The flesh brings aroma and spice, the seeds are basically just hot and bitter.
So I personally would advice to use flesh and just some seeds

i use almost exclusive seeds whenever i cook hot stuff and its working great, they DO have a slight aroma
if he wants that much a pepper taste then he can just put a spoon of paprika with the seeds and it will be the same result

Yeah, so i guess it's really a thing depending on taste. Both are kinda legit ways I think

I won't cover basics, just giving tips:

-Don't burn the garlic
-Cook spaghetti very al-dente and reserve some pasta water
-When you add spaghetti to your sauce pan, add some of that pasta water (best amount vary widely
-A little more olive oil (uncooked) after everything is mixed together

done

the pasta water will make for a better-coating sauce
"al-dente-ness" will compensate the extra cooking time the spaghetti will get in the pan while pasta water evaporates/gets absorbed

>can I use oregano instead of parsley?
It's called "aglio e olio" because in it's most basic form it only involves garlic and oil.
Oregano is definitely uncommon, but anything besides those two ingredients is up to you.

this.

I like to toss a chopped up tomato in there.

you should check archives, i've seen this thread a gorillion of times

Cone al la mode?

5 dl flour
3 eggs
mix
put in fridge for half an hour, flatten it out, cut your spaghetti in salted water.

isn't this dish just oily pasta with garlic? sounds pretty gross. just make a carbonara instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw

Followed this recipe, and it tasted FUCKING AMAZING.

inb4 reddit/chef memes

>cut your spaghetti in salted water.

Do I need a scuba tank for this recipe?!?!?

All seriousness tho, making fresh pasta is the best way to up your pasta game.

that shit hardly even qualify as a recipe, the fuck is wrong with Veeky Forums? the fuck is wrong with genZ?
At this rate by the end of the year you'll ask how to put butter and salt in instant mashed potatoes

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Yes, but it's not gross.
It's a very poor dish that would be bland if it weren't for oil quality, proper technique and amount of garlic the average italian can handle.

>that amount of garlic

NO

Depends on the recipe and the type of pasta. You can't cook fresh pasta to al dente the same way you can with dry. I'd go with fresh ravioli and tortellini, and fresh tagliatelle, papardelle etc with ragu, but in most other situations dry is better.

>How the fuck do i make good spaghetti aglio e olio?

Anyway you want, dude.

It's not a complicated dish. Just infuse some olive oil with whatever the fuck you want, and mix in the pasta of your choice.

>can i use fresh oregano instead of parsley

Absolutely, it's your fucking dish, so if you want to make it with oregano, because you like oregano, then make it with oregano.

Use any combo you want.

I like garlic / fresh basil / black pepper the best.

No matter how you make this, it will never be flavorful. Just pass and make something better.

The way to get the oil to have a pungent garlic flavor is to infuse it by placing crushed cloves of garlic in cold oil and putting the heat on low. Let it go for 1/2 hour while you shitpost on Veeky Forums. Then do your spaghetti and herbs. You'll have great garlic flavor. I eat the cloves of garlic although I know Nonna would throw a shitfit about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ITcbN9OgPU

no lemon juice in this one?

also what y'all think of Carluccio?

I was wondering when anyone else was going to say this
Though I was content to just keep my mouth shut and not embarrass myself for being a pleb or whatever

I assume I'm making it wrong, though my attempts to make it flavorful ended up turning into a much more elaborate, distinctly different dish.

>Absolutely, it's your fucking dish

Just remember user, you are the Captain EO, of your spaghetti aglio e olio!

I suggest a little sprinkle of cayenne.

kekd

First: learn to spell. It's just spaghetti. Second: what are you poor.

good olive oil and parmegiano are expensive, you american monkey

you probably make them with palm oil and kraft cheddar tho

1) with parsley

2) no

Parsley or gtfo

t. parsley farmer