Was McDonalds ever good?

Was McDonalds ever good?

I honestly thought, as a child, that getting a happy meal was awesome.

As an adult, I look at it and keep driving. It honestly seems marketed and for children. It's like the Disney World of food establishments.

No

Good in what context?
The McClassic is a staple of the menu and is a pretty good burger.

It's aight.
Wendy's is better in everyway tastewise though.

Good at food?
Not really

Good at marketing? Literal kings
They're up there with Coke when it comes to forcing their image into the cultural fabric
It's practically telepathic at this point
I swear you could raise a kid without TV or Internet and they'd still go crazy if you said "We're getting Happy Meals!"

Well said. You're oddly well spoken for someone on Veeky Forums

I'm a drunk English major.

I wanted to do that but my parents scared me into science so I majored in physics and hated it. Loving reading and writing and interpreting meaning, though.. oh well sigh

*Loved

Your parents were right
I don't hate my education, but I do somewhat regret my choice.
In order to have a career, I've decided to go with the military.
Going to ship out in a few weeks. I was able to convert my degree into being an officer. But still, if I had a time machine, I'd tell myself not to go down this path.

I used to be good at physics too.

It was only good when they had Mighty Wings.

It was good when they kept it simple.

5 different burgers to choose from, fries, nuggets, sodas and shakes.

I dont give a fuck about nectarine relish and quail eggs on a fast food burger.

Eating animals is never refreshing unless you're freezing to death in the snow.

>Americans just need to go vegan and subsidize organic farms and firearms/ammo production. Fuck this thread.

Neat.

Back when they had Neopets toys.
Smart marketing desu. I bugged my parents to get me a Happy meal almost every day.

the good ones are still good. most of you are just niggers that live in ass backwards parts of the country, so you get the shitty food.

t. manhattan liver

I live in Manhattan too
I ate a piece of trash I got from a rat
It was so good
Better than any food fucking flyovers grab from a rat

I'm from NYC, all the food I grab from rats is so good.
Get jelly fags
I eat good from my city rats

I know you're memeing but I actually lived in Manhattan up until like October, and the McDonald's there are fucking awful.

As far as fast food goes they are alright. Im sure it was better the farther you go back in time because it was less mass produced and used beef tallow to fry fries in.

That being said I think mcdonalds is about:

Jbox

My dad told me McDonald's was way better when they made their fries with lard.

yes

all the people on that picture are already dead.
thanks mc donalds.

McDonald's™ has ALWAYS been good. It's the best fast food restaurant in the world and everyone knows it. I can eat 8 Big Mac™ sandwiches in 1 sitting.

Was OP never a faggot, is the better question.

>tfw 1972 was 45 years ago

If you get their burgers when they're fresh, they're not bad. Most of the time, the quality of fast food depends on how fresh the food is and if the workers are competent. Big difference between a fresh hot sandwich and one that's been under a heat lamp for 2 hours.

I get egg and cheese on a biscuit once in a while, I still like them. I can make the sandwich myself, but I'm guessing they use a scary amount of butter in the biscuit that I would feel uncomfortable using which is why it tastes so good.

never ate there, my mother would have died before she bought fast food when i was a kid and I've never started

has anyone seen that movie they made about McDonalds?
I thought it was pretty good

Decent coffee.
[spoiler]At least in my slavic shithole.[/spoiler]

in canada too
best "fast food" coffee
Tims is sludge
obviously more specialized coffee shops are better but you can't just order quickly and they are more expensive.

unironically better coffee than starbucks, two times cheaper too

If it makes you feel better, my dad was an English major in college who went to OCS, eventually attaining the rank of full Colonel. After retirement he went on to being an executive at a large corporation. Intelligent people who are good with languages can have very successful lives. Don't sell yourself short.

for fast food during the era in pic related, yes.

I'm not sure you being an obese amerishit has anything to do with McDonalds being good or not.

I'm sure the San Bernardino OG was top notch. Hell even when they franchised a bit I'm sure it still was better than now.

Fuck you Ray Kroc

Back in McDonalds glory days, when food was more "natural", they used beef fat to fry the potatoes, the staff was happier and friendlier, the restaurants weren't ghetto killing zones... McDonalds was the best.

The first bite has always been good. McDonald's is best eaten very quickly before it starts to congeal. Back when I was a fatty I ate really fast and McDonald's tasted fine. Now I eat much more slowly, and only the first couple bites taste good. So I don't eat there anymore.

No. But it tastes alright.

What a faggy thing to say.

It still is

I know this is a lie because diversity is our strength.

It's pretty good here.
I can't speak for ami-land, but here they have a charity organization for children, they give tours for school classes, they have a semi-transparent delivery policy, are somehow integrated in the culture (pic related and at one point they made a burger from pretzel rolls).
If you get a cashier that understands your order then it's a solid win imho.
>Your order, please?
>Only a happy meal. Fries with ketchup, chicken nuggets with sweet-sour-sauce, and a coke. Oh, and a McFlurry with Smarties and caramel sauce.
>Do you want fries or salad in your happy meal?
>Fries
>Ketchup or mayo?
>Ketchup...
>Chicken Nuggets or Burger?
>Chicken Nuggets, with Sweet-Sour-Sauce
>Which sauce do you want?
>*sighs* sweet-sour
>what Drink?
>A coke
>Diet or normal?
>normal
>Do you want anything else?
>Yes, a McFlurry with Smarties and Caramel
>Which toppings do you want?

Yes, when they had the dollar menu

the angus 1/3 pounders from 5 years ago were the best burger available in usa fast food. the nigger ceo killed the item because it was "too expensive for our core customer"... to nobody's surprise, he was fired a year later.

they still havent brought it back to us, but i think it is available in canada

Back in the '90s when they had 50 cent hamburger Wednesday's and when the dollar menu was robust.
Mr. Marketer the people don't want artisan burgers they want a McDouble for a dollar

Coffee milkshake, that sounds awesome, never had that. Can you even get them anymore?

Fun fact...years ago, one of Mcd's competitors (Wendys or BK) came out with a 1/3 pound burger...it didn't sell well because although it was priced similarly, burgers figured there was more meat in the 1/4 than the 1/3 cause larger denominator...
True story...

not during my lifetime, it was new though and i always love trying out new things. don't really remember my last time in there, prolly during the 90s

Britfag here and you can get both

Mayo Chicken = 99p
Cheeseburger = 99p
Double Cheeseburger = £1.49

Hamburger is probably 99p but I never get it.

Then obviously there's the expensive, bells-and-whistles burgers for like £4, or £6 as a meal

If I'm flush then I'll splash out on one of the amazing burgers, otherwise I can just get a double cheeseburger and a Coke Zero for £2.49 and that's fine by me.

Pic related - The Big Tasty is a pretty good burger, and if I've just been paid then I will buy the fuck out of one.

could someone explain the whole "100% beef" statement they love to use?
it doesn't taste like beef at all so is it a lie or some kind of "100% of the meat in the patties are beef" type thing?

America's best and brightest are not eating fast food on a regular basis.