How do you cook chicken breast?

How do you cook chicken breast?

The only way I've ever cooked it is diced and sauteed with some salt and black pepper in olive oil.

Like, if you're planning on chicken and rice, how do you cook the chicken? Or, how do you cook it if you're planning on having it in a pasta--what's the best way to have it?

How do you season it also? I just seem to always use black pepper and salt and that's about it.

Chicken is often called versatile, but what makes it versatile?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=how to cook chicken breast
indianhealthyrecipes.com/chicken-65-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Butterfly and stuff.

Thank me later.

let me bing it for you

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=how to cook chicken breast

This is how I stir fry them

Sautee them in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic

Before they're done, but have been browned (little or no visible pink) put them aside

Put on the rice with some salt and butter

Saute the root vegetables in sesame oil, knob of butter, and soya sauce
Then add the pepper/broccoli/other vegetables and cook until they starr to soften

Add the chicken and give the pan a stir/toss

Add the sauce and season to taste

Serve on rice

christ, would it kill you to google it?

I usually cook chicken breast on my grill, season with whatever you want, let it get to room temp, baste with oil.

Slice and serve on rice or with pasta. its so fucking easy.

Pro-tip: marinade your chicken. Garlic, ginger (respectively pressed and grated) salt and pepper. Let it marinade for at least an hour and cook it in some (olive) oil. Might want to add extra stuff like paprika powder etc. Or a soy sauce based marinade.

The versatality sits in the amount of ingredients you can add and the way you cook/fry/grill/whatever it. Honestly just Google and educate yourself, no offense.

Best chicken ever recipe:

>marinade chicken in italian dressing for at least 4 hours
>get a cast iron/ovensafe pan hot on medium
>sear chicken on one side, flip, and put in a 350 degree oven for 15 -20 minutes depending on how thick your chicken is

Comes out juicy and flavorful every time. Italian dressing on chicken is GOAT.

This! How dare you try to discuss cooking here? We need more room for fast food and jack threads.

turn them into tendies

Season one side with whatever you want... garlic salt, pepper, rosemary, whatever. Sear that side in pan (medium heat) with lot of butter for one minute or so, flip, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let it continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Don't peek, just trust it.
Makes for the juiciest, most perfectly cooked chicken I've had.

I like to braise chicken breast in a chicken stock with a combo of other ingredients.

Here's the last one I did-

Per each chicken breast: 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup sliced shrooms, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 chopped habanero (skip it if you don't like heat), 1/4 cup of slice green onion, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely, 1 tbsp butter, white wine as needed, chicken stock as needed

1. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Add onion, season with a pinch of salt, and cook until just starting to get some color.
3. Add garlic and stir into the onion, cook until the garlic is fragrant.
4. Add the shrooms and cook until they start to shrink up a bit.
5. Add white wine until onions and shrooms are covered. Reduce until most of the wine is gone, but not long enough that the pan becomes dry.
6. Add butter and mix into onion / shrooms until blended.
7. Add enouch chicken stock to cover onion / shroom mix, and to partially cover your chicken to braise when they're laying in the pan. Bring to a boil.
8. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in pan with boiling chicken stock. Make sure you have enough stock. Cover, and reduce heat to simmer.
9. Simmer chicken for 20 minutes, then flip it, cover it, and let it go for another 20 minutes, or until done.
10. Check for seasoning. Pull breasts out and allow to rest. Adjust your remaining sauce to your liking by either adding more stock to thin it out, or by reducing it over heat to thicken it up.
11. Serve with rice, pasta, or potato, and garnish with the green onion and parsley.

indianhealthyrecipes.com/chicken-65-recipe/

slice em up and make a stir fry

Boneless skinless? If using for rice or curry or pasta, slice very thinly and pan fry, then add to the dish near the end. I often slice up a ton of chicken breast and pan fry it then keep it in the fridge to be used in various dishes for a few days.

For everything else I just pound it out and pan fry.

How do you season? Sounds brill btw

I just use salt and pepper for this one.

Between the onion, garlic, wine, shrooms, butter and fresh garnish, you don't need a lot of spices, just enough salt to bring out the natural flavors.

Make it your own, regardless.

The next batch I'm going to make is going to use the same process, but with onion, garlic, tomato, and fresh basil. Should be the bomb.

To 135°F of course.

That keyboard looks like something out of the Addams Family house.

Paprikash is pretty tasty. Could also slather it in barbecue sauce and grill it. There's also cacciatore.

>christ, would it kill you to google it?
posting an actual board based thread, are people this retarded

Actually, I snagged the same one from work and its a damn good keyboard.

Poach it, shred it, braise it in a sauce.

Til eyes glaze and beards blaze!

Fry that shit covered in Cajun and a teaspoon of onion powder

>buy it with the bone in and skin on
>salt and pepper the night before
>put on a rimmed sheet pan with potatoes and carrots
>drizzle everything with olive oil
>add some herbs
>bake it in the oven

leftover roasted chicken is good for pasta, sandwiches, tacos, salads, etc.

I marinade it for at least an hour in onion powder, garlic, olive oil, and a light amount of cayenne pepper - all eyeballed

Put it in the over at 375 F, you'll know when it's cooked - again I eyeball this

while it's cooking, make two slices of toast, cut two slices of tomato

take chicken out, cut off the ends if you need

lay some mayo on the toast, then tomato, then chicken, then tomato, then more mayo then toast

Nice little sammy

>The only way I've ever cooked it is diced and sauteed with some salt and black pepper in olive oil.

Add fresh garlic and it's already the best possible way to prepare chicken. Well, easiest/healthiest anyway.

simple curry

dice it up to cubes

caramelize sliced onions (with a mandoline it comes out nice like that), add garlic and ginger.
salt pepper. sliced chilies aswell.

remove from pan

season chicken with madras curry powder (i got it at the local market, it's really good but use whatever indian spices you like, if you want to grind up some cumin and coriander seeds and add turmeric and shit do that then, i add them too),

fry em for a little while, add butter and onions back, add coconut cream and tomato paste, boil and let simmer until done.

idk it's not complicated, it's cheap, and it comes out real good, i eat it with rice of course.

thanks sounds good will try

Knorr had a chicken madras premade mixture which you would slice apples into

what do you think about apples in curry? I loved it.

Pollo Deshabrado.
2pounds bone in chicken breast
stock
can of tomatoes
2 onions
4 jalapenos/serranos
salt/pepper

simmer chicken in stock until tender, 45 minutes or so. Shred, reserving some stock for later and freezing the rest for later. Saute onions and peppers, maybe some garlic too. Toss in chicken and canned tomatoes, 1/2 cup stock. Simmer 45 minutes partially covered. Eat that shit on tacos.

>what do you think about apples in curry? I loved it.

Apples, raisins, pecans, go great with chicken and pork.

>maybe some garlic too
>maybe some garlic
>maybe....garlic

There is no "maybe" when it comes to garlic, dude.

Should I season my chicken raw before going into the pan or while it cooks or while it rests?

Seasoning is a process that essentially has 3 phases, an initial, a follow up phase, and a final phase.

The initial seasoning takes place before you cook, and this is when you either marinade or simply add spices to the dish. You can add salt, but you've got to remember that salt extracts moisture over time, so it's best to leave the salt until just before you start the cooking process.

The follow up is where you taste the blend while it's cooking, but before it's complete. You do this with anything that needs a nice long simmer, but of course not with anything that could get you sick before it's done cooking. Soups, ragu, stews, and sauces all get better over time, and you want to adjust as needed to get the taste you want.

The final phase of seasoning is done when the dish is done cooking, and you test to make sure it's properly seasoned with salt for max flavor, and you add any additional, or fresh, spices to enhance your dish.

Let your taste be your guide.

Thank you master

*dabs respectfully*

I have the same one but it doesn't look like somebody dumped an ashtray on it.

Just remember that it's always easier to add more spice or salt to a dish if needed, but a pain in the ass, if not impossible, to remove any excess.

I'm so scared of eating raw chicken that I think I always overcook it. But better safe than sorry.

Lemon pepper cooked in butter and severed with rice. I could eat it every day.

>Rice
Sorry, I'm not asian. I'd rather have something else.

Four nice ways for beginner
Chicken Kievs - stuff with garlic, butter, and tarragon, panee, and put in oven
Deep fried - brine, buttermilk marinate, and batter small pieces for a great snack. Use plenty of spices in the batter, and finish in the oven
Sous vide - vac pack a skin on breast/supreme with a little concentrated chix stock, and cook at 60-65 C for 70-80m depending on size. Get yr pan hot as all fuck, and sear it off before serving
Stir fry - marinate slices in yr choice of of spices but be sure to include an acid such as lemon juice or vinegar so as to tenderise yr chix. Cook quick and hot aye
Also remember that the addition of many spices late in cooking will result in a dish that is overly bitter, monodimensional, or otherwise unpleasant.
May I suggest a probe or sous vide apparatus kiddo?

That looks delicious. What sauce is that?

Just a Louisianna etoufee.

Make a roux with half oil and half flour and cook until it's blond, but not dark brown.

Add a trinity of chopped onion, bell pepper, celery, some garlic, chili (unless you don't like heat), season, and cook till sweated.

Add a white wine and reduce.

Add a stock of your choice, be it seafood, chicken, whatever and simmer on low for at least 30 mins to reduce and meld flavor, but you can go as long as you want, just make sure to add stock so it's not too thick...unless you like it thick, of course.

Add shrimp or crawdad at the end and cook till done.

Add some parsely and / or green onion, check seasoning, and serve over rice.