How did I do, Veeky Forums?

How did I do, Veeky Forums?

You did just fine, Tiger.

Would devour
paper plate/10

What kind of grill did you use?

That's one of those shitty plastic plates that looks like a paper plate. Somehow those things are always even worse than an actual paper plate.

Why the stripes? Is that some Zebra meat? lol

Tad rare, OP but you did the outside perfectly.

Would eat

Looks mighty good user

Askin the real questions here

Pretty good Senpai ~ Desu

How did I do?
Mashed potato
Vegan Chilli
Baba Ganoush

LOL, looks like the day after I mixed beer, hot wings, and whiskey.

But seriously, mashed potatoes and chili? You need to work on your dish composition.

grill marks are a meme, I would much rather have one solid sear.

I always like when someone can do Brussel Sprouts right.

>raw steak
fucking savages

>wanting to eat shoe leather.

ya done good

>Brussels right
>no color
Leave
I like the aesthetic of grill marks. I prefer to mark on char grill and then slap on a nice and hot pan into the oven until done, unless it's a thin steak or a black and blue ribeye or something

Looks good

Personally I like little more done, maybe 2-3 minutes longer.

Yes, that's why grill marks are shit, they're mostly for aesthetics. If you really cared about aesthetics, an evenly seared steak sliced properly contrasting with the pink flesh and plated nicely looks great.

I know it looks great but it looks even better with the marks which is why, despite it being a meme is still done practically everywhere you would go for a top quality steak
That little bit of char also adds a bit of flavor which I quite enjoy. Nothing major but definitely adds to the steak if you're willing to throw it on a grill for a few seconds

No it is not done at all top steak houses because not everyone likes burnt/charred flavor added to their meat. You could argue that it is only covering up other flavors. Could be why nips don't grill steak as much. Either way, that is not what I'm referring to, steak houses don't serve gray meat with grill marks on it like OP, all will have a nice complete crust regardless of method. The way some home cooks obsess over perfect grill marks is definitely a meme, I see it all the time.

If I got that at a steakhouse It would be fine. But when you're cooking one or two steaks at home you should be flipping them frequently for the most even cooking.

not as good as I did