How are pork chops so underrated?

How are pork chops so underrated?

Steak>pork chops>chicken>fish

pork chops are garbage-tier m80.
steak > fish > chicken > hobo's asshole > pork chops

Your average supermarket pork has had a lot of the fat bred out of it due to stupid reasons, and tend to end up dry as fuck. A lot of older recipes you see for pork chops are assuming there is more fat on them.
Your best bet is to either visit a reputable butcher that deals in heritage breeds or just use a different cut of pork with more fat.
Pic is what a porkchop should look like.

Brining seems to be a decent solution for ultra lean pork chops.

pork chops are fucking disgusting and dry af

worst way to eat a pig

That seems accurate, my mother used to make them all the time and it seemed totally random whether they came out tender or not

It's okay to cook porkchops to medium rare. Boom, dryness problem solved.

Also brine.

You just don't know how to cook them. Cooked properly and juicy they rival some lower steak cuts. Pleb.

>dry
Again, your fault, not theirs. Get a 1 1/2 inch thick pork loin chop and stop being a pleb.

r8 lads

9.3/10

looks really good. would eat/10

glorious
you did good, user

9/10 for the chop

1/10 for the popcorn salad

pork chops are great
i like frying em up in bacon grease with s+p

>popcorn salad

Who are you, the popcorn police? Fuck off

>Again, your fault, not theirs.
Not true, pigs have been bred to have less fat which results in meat that doesn't seem as juicy. You can still get it to not be sawdust on the inside, especially since it's pretty safe to eat a pork chop that's only cooked to medium now, but it's not an ideal cut.

Better to pound it out until it's thin, bread it, and fry it. Can top it with a gravy or wine and butter sauce to make up for the lack of fat.

> why are pork chops underrated

Dry as fuck

with so many more juicy cuts of pork available, there's just no reason to touch them

Wrong. Pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy is some of the best food.

This guy is right. I have a local butcher who is psychotic about meat quality. Half the time I just ask him what to buy. He constantly talks up his pork chops. I finally tried them and sweet baby jesus those fuckers are good. Also that man knows his way around a sausage also he makes based ass cold cuts I buy for making sandwiches. Good butchers are a dying breed. Same with fishmongers.

nigga how are you making dry pork chops without actively trying to overcook them?

you're 100% right.

People overcook pork intentionally because "muh foodborne illness!" meme.

Nigger that aint popcorn.

by using heat

Jack pls go and stay go

no pork chops are low tier for sure

but I'm honestly way more offended by how everyone thinks steak is top tier for some reason
its never even just beef but steak specifically
by far one of the most overrated styles of meat in history

>pork chops are low tier
>steak is overrated
please fall into a volcano

R8 my chops

Fat still white, outside was soy enhanced, consider suicide

see just the fact that steak lovers also think pork chops are anything but low tier tells me everything I need to know

Are those whole fucking shallots in that salad?

Looks good. What kind of glaze did you use? It looks like citrus based to me.

T. Vegan

i'm not sure which is the bigger question, why you have shitty taste or why you have tasted a hobo's asshole.

if I was a vegan it certainly wouldn't be the pork chops tempting me to give it up

Garlic butter during last minute of cooking

roasted red onions

they're so underrated because so many folks don't know how to cook pork, you would not believe the number of people I've seen use no seasoning and overcook it

Pork roasted is great, but pork chops are worthless.

This, objectively.

Because most people overcook the shit out of pork. If you're buying decent pork it's safe to cook it to medium, which is far and away the best way to serve pork

People keep telling me american farm pork is flavorless... is this a meme or is wild pork actually that much better?

>supermarket pork has had a lot of the fat bred out of it due to stupid reasons
This. During a wave of American fat phobia in the 80's pork started losing ground to chicken breast, so the big pork producers got together to breed the leanest pork possible, and started marketing it as "the other white meat". The problem with this was that chops from pigs that lean were often dry and tough. These days if you want pork chops that are juicy and tender you have to either know a good butcher or a local farmer who raises heritage breed pigs, because you won't find them in the supermarket.

Arent jews against pig eating?

I feel like alot of religions are against pork.

old recipes will also want the meat cooked to a much higher temperature than is considered safe today