Tenderloin medium, medium rare, or rare?

Tenderloin medium, medium rare, or rare?

>inb4 well done with ketchup

Medium rare

Well done is how I like it. Brings a nice bit of flavor to it, while not being too overboard.

Overall a solid, go-to steak for me at any fine dining establishment.

Might as well go eat a tire

Depends on how much ketchup they have on the table

Why would I order such a pleb cut of beef?
yeah it's tender, so what?

I wouldn't eat such a thick cut rare. Medium rare it's for me.

medium well

well done with mayo

Not a cut I give a fuck about.

Why do people care about steak donenness so much? I mean the way its seasoned and the condiments and sauces are harder to get right and impact more on the meals satisfaction than "did you sear it 30 seconds or 40 seconds?"

Theres a lot of people on here with shitty tastebuds that get overwhelmed if the steak isn't just salt-pepper-no sauce. Steak doneness is one of the only things they can use to differentiate between steaks.

Medium, the only time a steak should be medium rare or rare is when it's tough, the minimal cooking makes it more tender. Something already so soft doesn't need it.

all of those go, but generally i prefer medium.

For tenderness and tastiness, if you tried to go beyond medium with this type of meat it would completely ruin it.

you have it backwards there chief

medium well :^)

If your tongue suddenly can't taste the steak anymore because there is a sauce then you have a shitty tongue

medium rare. But tenderloin is a steak for fucking noobs. Yes its nice because its tender, but get a porterhouse and the NY strip and the fillet side by side. The NY tastes so much beefier and tastier.

Tenderloin is a steak for girls on a date.

>petite tenderloin usually on the menu, makes the girl feel smaller and daintier.
>very tender so weak female jaw muscles can fully masticate meat.
>Smaller steak size ensures woman will not have to take a shit later in the night when shes required to let the man who bought her the steak plow her.

Prove me wrong.

You sound like you've never had an interaction with a female, let alone a date.

Wrong I got a girl in the other room bro.

This

That is up to the person eating it to decide, dickhead

In fact I just had my GF read my post above. Then we got in a conversation about how the fillet mignon is probably marketed towards women in steakhouses.

Seriously why would they have it on menus as petite? Because it sounds cute and dainty. Why is it expensive? Well it is the smallest cut of beef on a cow so theres that, but also because men are more likely to pay a little extra for it because thats what their dates will order.

It really is the classic girl steak. It has no strong flavor and has no merit besides tenderness. If im going to have an expensive steak its going to be a huge fatty ribeye or new york steak. Maybe ill order a porterhouse if I get a wild hare up my ass but ill have the NY strip to fall back on when I take a bite of the comparably bland fillet.

Also tenderloin is traditionally paired with sauces like Bearnaise or formage (cheese sauce) to add extra fat and flavor because its very lean.

well done, thanks.

also its stuffed inside beef wellington. I actually really don't like beef wellington. The only big flavor you get is that of puff pastry or maybe mushrooms or mustard. Sometimes its wrapped in prosciutto as well. Beef wellington is cool on paper, but totally not worth it in terms of flavor unless you get a boner over smothering a $100 whole beef tenderloin in other flavors. Total internet recipe. Its probably the best traditional English dish ever made and its just not that great.

But it's just a piece of meat from an animal

>but get a porterhouse
Even worse choice. They don't cook at the same rate so why keep them together?

Raw with horseradish

true, but that's not the point of not having a sauce though chief.
the point is that when your steak is superb quality, you don't need or even want a sauce on it, it tastes so delicious without it.
i have the feeling you just eat shit quality meat.

>Brings a nice bit of flavor to it
so you like eating rubber?

Medium; I like my meat cooked. Little bit of ketchup for the chips, nice strong mustard for the steak, and you're golden.

Where did the feminist touch you?

>probably the best traditional English dish ever made
dude, I'm not even british, but meat pies? that has got to be the very best there is.
do we count curries as british, btw?

Steak pies are great, but not the best.
Your standard takeaway curries are 100% british. I'd love to explore the food culture more, but chicken tikka masala is so fucking tasty.
It's not quite as bad as sweet and sour sauce, though, which I end up craving sometimes.

DESU I would count beef wellington as a type of meat pie anyways. I know the kind of meat pies you are talking about. Ive had them, they are pretty good.

chicken tikka masala is British. Id say a lot of curry is considered british even if it has indian influence a lot of them were invented in England by immigrants.

They do cook at the same rate if you cook them sous vide like I do and then grill it really quick on each side to sear it and add a little smoke flavor. Honestly the only real reason I get porterhouses at home is that me and my gf split them and she likes the tenderloin and I like the NY. When you order a porterhouse at a good steakhouse they should cook it correctly.

I've never had a tenderloin, is it good or is it a meme? I'm an 18 year old gril BTW and my favorite steak is sirloin.

>When you order a porterhouse at a good steakhouse they should cook it correctly.
how's that? Is it possible using only a grill?
What is the technique? hang the tenderloin off the side of the grill?

post feet

Do you honestly think that a steak that costs $80+ is going to have a medium rare NY and medium well fillet? Its just not going to happen. I dont know how they do it but every time ive ordered one at a competent steakhouse its been cooked right.

>Do you honestly think that a steak that costs $80+ is going to have a medium rare NY and medium well fillet?
Yeah, it's called physics.

wow I didnt know you had a degree in physics and knew the exact rates fillet and NY strip cook at. The bone helps insulate the fillet.

I would be willing to bet the rate they cook at is negligibly different. You honestly think a fillet is going to be 15 degrees hotter internally than the NY strip?

Maybe not ketchup but I like eating meat with A1 and Tabasco