"There are BUGS in my food? EWW"

>"There are BUGS in my food? EWW"

Why are people so turned off by the fact that beetles are used for red food dye?

We want to imagine that a product like a strawberry shake is made from strawberry shake ingredients, not an elaborate disguise achieved by globalist logistics.

IDK, it doesn't bother me at all. It's a hell of a lot more natural than the chemical red food dye that gave people cancer.

The problem is that people are utterly uneducated about where their food, beverages, and medications come from. We ingest all kinds of products that contain compounds made from bugs, reptiles, mammals, sea creatures of all kinds, and plants of all kinds. We're lucky that we can, since we're omnivores. People don't know enough about food and drug manufacturing.

Economy is a globalist scheme, okay.

Define "natural".

Define "impotent outrage".

>beetles
wrong specie

My point is, by some definition of that word, carmine is unnatural, and by others, all "synthetic" dyes could be considered natural. The criteria should be tied to real outcomes but "natural" means absolutely nothing.

>beetles

The person who made this is an idiot. Carmine is made from cochineal bugs, which aren't beetles but true bugs/scale insects and look nothing like that. If they were made from the beetle in that pic they'd be like 70% endoskeleton,

*exoskeleton

Most people think their strawberry shake is actually a strawberry shake with extra sugar, not sugar, cream, ice, and food dye

Westerners, particularly Americans will throw a fit if there is any slight variation of taste or appearance in their food.

There is an accepted amount (by weight) of bugs ground up in most of our food. I am okay with it.

Straight up bugs can be good too. Fried grasshopper is tasty.

More like we throw a fit if there's a variation in taste or appearance of our $2 shit products because that means theres something fucked up with it.
These things are specially designed to come out the same way every single time because the people making it are unskilled minimum wage teenagers or smackheads. I wouldn't trust them to actually cook anything.

The "real outcome" is that red dye #40 is a carcinogen, while carmine is not.

It's morally wrong to use innocent bugs for our base desires.

Case in point.

>innocent
They're a parasite that plague cactus farms.

>cactus farms

Wtf? Why in god's name would anyone farm cactus?

for fun

Ever hear of mescal and tequila? Made out of cactus. Ever eat nopales? Cactus. Prickly pear? Cactus. Damned right there are cactus farms.

>eww bugs!!

Like several others have said, I don't give a shit if red food dye is made from bugs. Most of the world regularly eats shit like fried tarantulas as street food.

I give a shit because my strawberry motherfucking milkshake doesn't actually contain any motherfucking strawberries.

>my strawberry motherfucking milkshake doesn't actually contain any motherfucking strawberries

It does. Carmine compensates for the weakness of natural strawberry pigments.

Prickly pear cactus is fucking delicious.

>weakness of natural strawberry pigment

That seems retarded to me. If ground strawberries are supposed to be light pink, why force the milkshake to be dark pink?

Because Americans are retarded and need brightly coloured food to know what they're eating.