Veeky Forums monthly challenge

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition: Thread 3, PART 2!

SCORING GUIDELINES

We recommend an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

The theme for May is SANDWICH. Simple enough, right?
Well, that depends on how simple you want your entry to be. Be creative, go a bit nuts with it, you're too attached to your dignity anyway.

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a SANDWICH because that is what people will be voting on.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/q34jj
discord.gg/c57TJyd
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnnmQ9x5tQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry to jump the gun on you Numbaz / Borneo / whoever is hosting this month.

I saw >23rd is the last day for entries
and figured I'd pull my finger out & do my vertical.

>2 different bought ciabatta sammiches with 2 dif cutlet on both,(metvurst,gralicham,smokedham,smoked turkey.) onion,paprika,tomato,pickles,lettuce,jalopenos,ramoulade sauce, gouda and creamcheese.

>Heres my phillycheesesteak attempt

>Here's my McCreamcheese Pesto Stuffed Chicken Sandwich. I took some chicken breasts, stuffed em with a cream cheese and pesto mixture, breaded them, cooked one side in a pan, placed them in a baking dish cooked side up, and then cooked them in an oven for about 25 minutes. Next, I toasted the buns in the oven for a couple minutes. After that, I put some mayonaisse and grey poupon mustard on the bread, topped the chicken with swiss cheese, and then placed the chicken between the buns.

>grilled cheese with bacon cooked in beef tallow
and brown bread cuz we healthy 'n shit

>Ya Dingus
>In honor of the month of May and my beloved Indy 500, I have prepared a flyover classic, the pork tenderloin sandwich. Midwest tradition stipulates that this should be a breaded and fried pork cutlet, often pounded out to comically large proportions and served on an ordinarily sized hamburger bun.

>As you can see, I have mirrored this preparation quite closely, however I distinguish my elite dish by giving my beaten meat a buttermilk soak before receiving a spiced flour coating, as well as the addition of premium toppings such as chopped onions, jalapenos, habanero hot sauce, mustard, and pepper jack cheese in no particular order.

>s3krit
>And here's the end result. it tasted real fucking good. The mcchicken was served with some shredded iceburg lettuce and a mix of mayonnaise and onion powder (that shit's like crack, I swear). The wisconsibun turned out fucking delicious. The curds added their nice saltiness with a subtle bit of pesto, but the driving force was this fucking sharp, spicy, olive-and-tomatoey relish. Definitely making that shit by the bucketload to put on everything. Wish the pesto came through a bit more but overall, I'm dead fucking happy.

sorry, cbf linking every photo. they're in the archive.

>Hello Kitty
>Steak sandwich.

>Blade steak cooked rare, pepperjack cheese, cherry tomatoes, wasabi mayonnaise, all in a pita pocket. Served with an ice-cold Coca Cola in a Hello Kitty glass of course.

>Postmark
>Tonight I made a steak and caramelized onion sandwich.

>I did the steak in a cast iron pan and cooked it a little longer than I normally would, I didn't want blood running every which way; the cut was very tender so it could afford a little extra cooking without losing too much mouthfeel or flavour. The caramelized onions were fairly straightforward, simmered in a pan for about forty-five minutes on low heat and finished with a splash of balsamic vinegar. I topped the steak and onions with blue cheese and baby lettuce, and the lightly toasted bun came from the fantastic in-store bakery at my local grocery, on which I spread whole grain honey dijon and home-made mayonnaise.

>Sort of pictured, you can see the mix of broccoli, bell pepper and purple carrots I seared and roasted in the same pan as the steak with just a little olive oil and salt. The beer is Postmark's Mosaic Pale Ale, a nice fruity pale ale with a strong but not obtuse hop presence.

>Hindenburg
>Based on the Bauru, a cheese, tomato and roast beef sandwich from São Paulo, Brazil; my own take on it, with mozzarella cheese, tomato, onions, lettuce, roast beef, turkey breast and a cheese-and-tomato sauce. Kind of a club sandwich by now, but still a sandwich.

> kangaroo meat
You Aussies have an unfair advantage.

>8929015
>Egg and sausage on a toasted baguette, with lettuce, tomato, pickles, truffled gouda, alfalfa sprouts, stoneground dijon & kewpie.

>8945365
>I had some smoked chicken leftover from the weekend so I chopped it with kalamatta olives, celery, a garlic/paprika mayonnaise on homemade bread with buttercup lettuce leaves. I left some spilling out because I think it looks more interesting.

>My identifier is a clothespin.

>8950946
>Ingredients from bottom to top:

>ciabatta bread half
>yellow mustard
>1 slice of Swiss cheese
>3 dill pickle sandwich slices (not the coins)
>4 slices honey ham
>pulled pork from roasted pork shoulder
>3 slices genoa salami
>1 slice Swiss cheese
>yellow mustard
>ciabatta bread half

>The pickle spear outside of the sandwich is a from a batch of half-sour pickles that I made a couple weeks ago

Captcha: gibbs protesis
I think the internet is getting hungry.

Numbaz (you're hosting this round, right?) I'll leave it to you to hunt down archived votes or any entries I missed. Apologies to anyone who I did miss... or whose multiple photos I got frustrated by...

I'm Belgian & my entry was prepared & enjoyed in Belgium.

Also, one pic wasn't an entry, but was still enjoyable OC.
>pic related for entertainment purposes only

No problem m8, I only just got back.
Thanks.

Bacon Sauteed Spinach and Gruyere Monte Cristo with Tomato Jam.
I made it today, but wrote the wrong fucking month like a retard. Only realized after I ate.
Fug.

Two new entries saved.
Good on the both of ya.

>I'm Belgian
You Europeans have an unfair advantage. :-)

If anyone ITT would like to join a Veeky Forums specific discord to share recipes and tell me how to cook bison I will share the link
discord.gg/q34jj

Mods no ban, it's very Veeky Forums related, most if not all boards have a chat of some form, pls let me post

On a scale of 1 (Simply Sara) to 10 (webmfag), where would your voice fall?

>hunt down ... any entries I missed.
You got them all, good on ya.
Vote thread goes up tomorrow (a rare day off for me, so that's nice), so get those judge wigs ready.

I'm not sure what webmfag's voice sounds like, but discord has a text chat which is mainly what we use. There are already about ten people in the discord but most are not very active. Pls join us Numbaz you are my hero.

only updating broken link
discord.gg/c57TJyd

Honestly, here's the rest of the tomato jam (a bit spicy for my family, they want sandwiches some weekend) (also, the dirty plate).
Bugger.

Yeah, we are totally spoiled for beer ;^)
Even that Guinness was
>pic related

In the late 90's
host families complained about the Guinness because it was supposedly Thames water.
I spent a lot of money in England... too much, too much money...

"too much, too much talk,
this is not a rebel's song,
this song is
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnnmQ9x5tQ

Everybody makes mistakes.
Like my parents.

I'm 'murrican, and a fine dining restaraunt I used to work at often had kangaroo meat. You can find it, it's just rare.

There's a couple of supermarkets from major chains that stock it routinely here. Some restaurants have it too, but I've never been satisfied with their offerings. Usually I just do it at home as steaks with sweet potato fries & tartare sauce. Seems kinda odd when I think about it, being so far from Australia, but it feels about as exotic as venison. Conversely, in Australia, venison felt exclusive as all fuck...

Vote thread this way .

seven pounds of pork shoulder