Why do people like avocado so much

i don't understand it tastes fucking gross and expires so fast

because the world missed the sound of your whining

>not eating gross shit past its expiration date
Fucking newfags.

We all got together and agreed to eat it to confuse you. Sorry guys, I can't keep the ruse up any longer. He deserves to know.

Back when I worked in a grocery store I stole a few avocados to see what the hype was about. I don't get it either, the texture is garbage, and the taste is almost nonexistent, like a vaguely fruity flavored papier mâché

I once watched my dad eat an avocado that was almost that rotten

Because people think it is the healthiest thing out there because marketing when it is basically the mayonnaise fruit. Mexicans just sell it to girngos with spicey food because they complain to much and will overpay for shit.

because it wasn't selling years ago so they upped the price and made it a luxury

If properly bought and stored they last quite a while; got six in my fridge right now. Also, you're missing out on the taste--they are somewhat neutral in terms of flavor, so you can go any way with them. Sweet/sugary to chili paste and heat. Or neither and just eat it. You can eat raw, sautéed, baked, buttery, with yogurt and strawberries...you name it...like a russet potato, it's pretty neutral.

And if it ripens too much--scoop out the bad and eat the good. Why not? Done it with bananas a million times...

3rd poster already said the truth, why is this still a discussion?

We are all fakers and we just pretend to like them. You caught us. Guacamole sucks, all the stuff about them being a healthy fat that is useful in a healthy diet is giant hoax, and I just pretend to like the taste of them when I eat them in the morning for breakfast.

Good call, OP. You really blew the lid off this.

>vaguely fruity flavored

wat

Did it service him back? Bet it didn't.
Bet it just laid there.

it's literally just mayonnaise for speshul snowflake fat college kids that want to feel like they're being culturally tolerant.

The issue with avocado isn't that its bad, its that Califags hype it up to something that you should be charged extra for. Its a nice ingredient, it taste fine but charging 1-3 bucks extra for it is ridiculous

TRY THS SHIT WITH SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK. I AM NOT KIDDING, THAT SHIT IS GOOD

wait, what does expiration have to do with liking an ingredient?
seriously though, avocado tastes amazing and the texture is great too.
i don't eat it often though, seems too much of a hassle to get a good one at reasonable price

Because it's a good source of fat for vegans and it's creamy

It's just another way for NAFTA to fuck us.

Only tried it once and I found it bland and underwhelming

That said I tried it plain, I still have vague plans to someday try it on toast properly seasoned.

Tbey are tasty with some salt on top

It's a luxury food used for status signaling.