Indian chef ama

hi i'm an authentic indian chef ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/6919/bannock/
sites.google.com/site/thetribaltable/desert-desserts-other-sundries/keer
youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you learned to wipe your ass with toilet paper and not your hands?

What's some good Indian food for someone who's never had it before?

yes

have you had naan bread

what's the difference between the curry in japan and the authentic curry of the indian?

Curry is a British dish made with Indian spices, it's not Indian food.

Gibe vindaloo recip

Will I upset people if I order a curry with no rice or naan?

I just got diabeetus.

different ingredients cooking styles and techniques

what kind of vindaloo

nobody will mind

Diabetes is common in India too it's perfectly understandable. That said you can probably eat roti since they're whole wheat.

Can I get your dal makhani recipe. I don't care how complicated it is so don't hold back on the details. Also, favorite YouTube chef for Indian?

should i thicken my curries with yogurt or cream? please be as specific as possible thx chef

Whats your favourite recipe for bannock? Best way to eat a bear?

stop being mean to OP :(

that's a family recipe can't share
i don't watch youtube

yes you should

this is good
allrecipes.com/recipe/6919/bannock/

poo in food?

POO IN LOO

Is curry British?

no

THE BEST VINDALOO RECIPE IN THE WORLD!!!!

what is the best spice and why is it coriander powder?

>should i thicken my curries with yogurt or cream?
>Yes you should
OP is confirmed meta level troll.

Are there any dishes you'd suggest trying to cook for some one inexperienced with using a kitchen?

What's the hottest curry ?

HOW DO I MAKE THE BEST MASALA CHAI AT HOME, PLEASE.

Also is this a good kheer recipe?
sites.google.com/site/thetribaltable/desert-desserts-other-sundries/keer

>doesn't suggest coconut cream

OP confirmed pleb

cardamom

chicken masala

>Coconut cream
Lol No thanks coconut in curries is a meme.

>coconut cream in Indian Curry

LMAO, fuck off ya "beans go with chilli" cunt!

chili curry

i like to use this recipe

yes

recipes

>that's a family recipe can't share
lol why have an AMA when you won't share recipes?

Which state are you from, which religion are you, and what's your favourite curry?

I'm betting you're a Hindu Bihari and your favourite curry is इंटरनेट पर झूठ बोल रही.

i'll answer other questions

bihar
i'm not religious
rogan josh

what is the most challenging indian dish to make, and what is your favorite?

Indian candy recipes? I had one that had whole cashews in it and the rest of it was yellow.

GulPoli is my answer to both

i like to make ice cream

Interesting, you claim to be Bihari yet your favourite dish is Kashmiri. And you also deny lying on the internet.

Troll's over folks. OP is a faggot and is definitely not Indian.

t. Indian Malaysian

not just any beans..

RED KIDNEY BEANS

the worst beans go in my chilli fuckboy

>i'll answer other questions
Questions other than recipes? Okay, what are the correct ingredients to use for dal makhani.

instant dal pack from supermarket and water

i'm not lying
i'm not a trool

Should I try tandori beef? I've been thinking about this for almost a month now.

ya

ok guys i'll be bck later for more questions

Authentic curry isn't a thing, that's like asking someone what authentic soup is. It's a type of dish not one singular dish, a lot of asian countries make wildly different kinds of curries.

do you make your own samosa dough?

what are some staple Indian ingredients to keep
in the cupboard?

That's why he mentioned India specifically, I assume.

Indian curry was brought to Britain and changed to suit British tastes. British curry was brought to Japan and changed to suit Japanese tastes. They share an original source in Indian curry.

I'm surprised Indian food isn't more popular in the USA.

where do you poo?

When did they stop mart sharting and begin street shitting???

Can you imagine showing up to a date in this thing?

Do you use the same curry base for all of your curries like a fucking pleb, or do you make each different dish with a different base like you should?

Something tells me you will never need to worry about that.

whats your best mango lassi recipe?

>coconut cream in Indian Curry
>never had Kerala curries

Is this board full of pedantic plebs?

Yes, yes it is. I really like food and cooking but too many people try to get angry over food and it makes them ignorant. I've browsed Veeky Forums since it was less than a year old, but this board made me start browsing reddit. The cooking subreddit is better than Veeky Forums most of the time if you actually like cooking and don't want to just get angry and yell at people while not knowing what you're talking about.

have you ever resumed kitchen duties after not washing your hands properly post doodie?

worried every time i eat indian food

yes
indian spices

different. base

>yes
>indian spices
Yes, that narrows is down a fucking bunch.

just get every indian spice there is

I always get lamb bhuna and garlic naan when I go out to the local ritzy indian restaraunt with my gf

how does that make you feel

alright

Wow such profound answers, does your previous work experience consist of working for tech support?

This is the worst AMA I have ever seen in my fucking life. He's either skipping questions entirely or giving one word answers. Not giving any pointers or techniques. I have seen more interesting AMAs from McDonald's employees.

Why are you giving such vague answers?

no

if this ama isn't for you then leave

i don't know

Or you can quit clogging up the board with your bullshit thread. You sound like you're mentally retarded.

why don't you just leave me alone

What a waste of trips

if you say so

Why are you people so filthy?

>Mahbub Chowdhury, 46, had an empty bottle in his kitchen which inspectors discovered was covered in fecal matter.

>He said he filled the bottle with water from the kitchen taps and used it to clean his bottom after visiting the toilet - and did not use paper for cultural reasons. Inspectors concluded the brown finger prints was fecal matter.

>Chowdhury then prepared dishes including meat and fish curries at his Yeahya Flavour of Asia in Swindon, Wilts.

we're not

>it's an episode of "The Italian Chef Does Indian!"

See
One isolated case compares nothing to an entire American city.

whats the most food you done?

What is your fave chilli pepper?

1 food

Oh dear, you've done it now Nigel...

That is because of the homeless population.People that are not homeless defecate in a toilet.

Open defecation is such a problem in India that Unicef and Indian government had to create campaigns to get people to use toilets. It's quite funny really

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

Ade you American Indian or street shitting Indian?

Whats even funnier is that Indians claim only the poor shit in the street, if they are that poor then why do they have a television to watch such campaigns?

P O O I N L O O
O
O

I
N

L
O
O

Okay I'm taking over this thread. I'm not an Indian chef but I know more about Indian cuisine than the obviously fake/troll OP.

AMA

What spices go into a vindaloo?

If I want to make a hot vindaloo without buying "curry powder" or some other "blend" and I have a mortar and pestle, what whole spices and peppers should I use?

Grind cloves, cardamoms, cumin, dried red chillis, peppercorns, ginger and garlic to a paste. Add vinegar and make a sort of spice batter. Use some of this paste to marinate your meat. Oil in pan, onions, turmeric. Meat and rest of your spice paste in. Add water and salt to bring up to desired consistency and let simmer till the meat is done to your liking.

Typically vinegar and a cashew based wine is used but since that won't be available to most just use a vinegar with a hint of sweetness to it like malt vinegar.

Explain curry to me.
I don't get it.

How much poop should I add to my food for the authentic Indian feel?

Will give this a try, thanks.

What don't you get? It's a sauce that the vegetables or meat are cooked in so the gravy flavors the meat/veg and they flavor the gravy. There are many common features to it like frying the whole or ground spices in oil, using aromatics such as ginger, garlic and onions, using tomato or tamarind for tartness but there are also a lot of uniqueness to different regions.

For example you have traditional hamichali cuisine eaten at religious functions that don't have garlic, onions, tomato or meat. Here the curries are yogurt based, cooked in mustard oil and finished with ghee. You have the meat heavy cuisine of maharashtra which is heavily spiced and has prominent use of peanuts in cooking. You have the subtle nawabi cuisine of lucknow called awadhi which is meat heavy too but more floral and aromatic than spicy. You have the mostly vegetarian hearty cuisine of Punjab based on dairy, grains and lugumes.
Cinnamon is sometimes used in the spice mixture too but not something that I like. If you like it go ahead and use it.

Gotta use up a lot of spinach, any ideas OP?

make curry

This shitposting cuck has been RPing as "authentic x chef" for a while now. He needs to fuck off because he is neither funny nor informative.

Palak paneer if you have paneer or palak dal if you have lentils.

Thanks, that sounds damn good. I'm in flyoverville so I've only had vindaloo once on a trip to NYC and I miss it.

Based tripfag, thank you for doing what Jim from tech support would not.

do you wash your hands or cook authentically?

ya