Why is ketchup on hotdogs regarded as unacceptable, yet mustard is completely fine?

Why is ketchup on hotdogs regarded as unacceptable, yet mustard is completely fine?

Because autism

Ketchup on anything is how I determine the plebs from everyone else

I remember this thread from a little while ago. Personal I eat ketchup on hot dogs (ketchup, mustard, and dill relish) and I'm even sick of this thread.

If not the trifecta of hot dog Toppings, than chilli and cheese is the best.

People from Rust Belt cities have no culture besides hot dogs and shitty football teams.

>not putting mustard AND tomato sauce on your sausages

plebs.

Ketchup is for manchildren, real men take sausage deep down their throat with mustard spicier than Satan's butthole.

>ketchup on hotdogs regarded as unacceptable
wut

>americans

Tradition, it's the only reason really.

Ketchup is the lowest tier of sauces and condiments. Mustards are much better.

Disgusting autistic child

Autism.

Spicy ketchup is especially dank on grilled dogs.

Go back to chicago.

Fuck you I would never step foot in that shit hole

>2017
>Living in the usa

shiggity

These are the same people who put yellow mustard on shit so their opinions can be disregarded or just classified as gay. I don't like ketchup myself, but anybody who actually cares about what people put on their hotdog should just be shot and shoved in a ditch.

Hot dogs are garbage anyways
it's probably because Americans are fucked in the head

Ketchup is extremely common. Many people equate having a common taste with having bad taste, sometimes correctly. As for myself, I prefer sauerkraut and brown mustard, but I don't see anything wrong with ketchup.

But mustard tastes like shit

it's a popular condiment so people here hate it.

I like a bit of ketchup, some spicy mustard and relish on my hot dogs. Why do people care so much what others think of what food and condiments they like? Taste is the most subjective sense there is.

its too sweet to put it simply and also makes the bread get weird and pasty

also it has to do with the fact that generally the Chicago Dog is considered the "canonical" right way to make an american style hot dog and ketchup doesn't fit with this style because it already uses real vegetables including tomatoes

mustard is NOT acceptable unless paired with raw onions.

Means you have the taste buds of a 4 year old