What cutting board do you use Veeky Forums?

What cutting board do you use Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10289265/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90202268/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/57145296/
youtube.com/watch?v=DYu37-vyMLA
faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/docliver/Research/cuttingboard.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plastic ones that are really convenient to move around and wash.

a JK Adams maple end grain butcher block &
a big ol plastic board for heavy duty or messy things

This cheap bamboo board from Walmart. It's too small.

one my grandmother gave me

boos. I use it for everything

Looks like it's new too

Is it okay to stick my cleaver on a wood block?

Yup basically. She found it somewhere in chevy chase MD, so some rich bitch probably just had it for show and never used it for actual cutting.

I removed the feet though.

I just cut stuff on paper towels and them throw them away.

Fuck trees and fuck white people

I am poor. I use this knife:
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10289265/

On this board:
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90202268/

Sharpened with this:
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/57145296/

:^) I get Costco paper towels. I'm sure it's not cost- or environment-efficient, but I sure do hate washing the stupid boards.

A really fancy and expensive glass cutting board. Way more cleaner than wood that will soak everything up.

Google "wooden cutting board" and first result was "What Type of Oils are Safe to Use on Your Cutting Board"

Google "glass cutting board" and first result was "Why You Shouldn't Use Glass Cutting Boards "

Faggot
Why not just go take a piece of plastic off of something maybe your 20" bad Dragon and use that

this is what you have to do until you buy a cutting board,
i did the same thing until my sis had pity on me and bought me a cutting board.
Life is better with a cutting board and a sharp knife senpai

Oh, I have a cutting board. I just don't use it.

i had a glass cutting board once
i hated it
i use bamboo now
so comfy

danm user i was trying to stick up for you
now i wish you would just kys

I'm sorry to betray your faith in me.

cheap wooden one that's long, I like it for things like cheese and getting flour on it and such. I've got some plastics for meat.

>ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/57145296/
For a knife enthusist like me this is maybe the saddest post I have ever seen on Veeky Forums

redeamed

Dumbass, a glass cutting board ruins the dge of your knife on the very first cut. I regularly sharpen my mother's kitchen knives and within less than one day she will cut stuff on our granite counter top or on a glass cake platter and destroy the edge. Literally EVERY time. She drives me bonkers, and she will take no advice.

>tfw I pick up scrap wood, glue it together, use a stain that isn't even food safe, then sell cutting boards to retards for almost $100

This, with a damp kitchen towel to stabilize it.

You're an asshole if you actually do this, you could easy harm someone

whatever floats your boat

Cheap chopping block for big boy prep and little plastic shits for little boy snacks

I hope this is true

Burns' boards.

Made in Ohio, I think.

Wife got it for me as a random gift.

I use soft boards, you burn through them pretty quickly with regular use but they don't fuck up the edge of your knife, so you get to hone and stone less frequently.

Anybody who uses that plastic shit can fuck off.

use parchment paper it works better

I recently bought a bamboo board I like a lot. I use it for vegetables and a plastic board for meat. I'm paranoid about bacteria buildup if I cut meat on a wood board.

Just sanitize your board every time you use it for meat and you'll be fine

I use a Boos Block I got at a sample sale for $3

So I have a fancy knife set now. I've been using a giant rubber feeling one for years, is it okay to keep using that or will it damage the knives?

What's the advantage of an expensive wood cutting board, from a utility perspective? I understand they look nice and there's a lot of craftsmanship involved, but what advantages do they offer over plastic boards?

Supposedly they don't damage your knives as much as the other stuff.

If you get the good quality ones they 'self heal' as long as you treat them well.

youtube.com/watch?v=DYu37-vyMLA

is Boos basically the go-to for high quality shit? I just graduated from college and told my parents that I want a set of really nice cutting boards as a present (can't ask for anything big because we're really poor but I just want something that will be really useful).

Budget is maybe a couple hundred bucks max.

I brought a couple of my knives over for sister to use one time and she cut right through several of those.

I cut on plank

I have an ikea plastic chopping board, i dream about making myself a block, i wanted to do some woodworking but i don't have the tools or strength to do it seriously

I refuse to believe anyone uses these. I know people use blunt knives most of the time so destroying the edge would be secondary to aesthetics and germophobia but the metal on glass sound and feel is one that is unbearable for 90% of people. I'm feeling it in my teeth just typing this out.

explain to me why you need hundreds of dollars of cutting boards with a certain name attached

explain why end grain butcher block cutting board for $30 like i got from TJ Maxx isn't as good

Go.

you are right user
cooking tools are a great business to get in to because it's so easy to prey on dumb, rich housewives

Eyy, that's the one I use. It's held up surprisingly well given how much I use it.

You think I have an answer for you? Why the fuck would I be asking a question if I already knew? I want to spend the money on something that's made from good wood, glued together well, and will last me a couple decades.

How about you explain to me why your TJ Maxx end grain board was $30 and something similar from Boos or whatever other company would be like 70-80?

faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/docliver/Research/cuttingboard.htm

>We soon found that disease bacteria such as these were not recoverable from wooden surfaces in a short time after they were applied, unless very large numbers were used. New plastic surfaces allowed the bacteria to persist, but were easily cleaned and disinfected. However, wooden boards that had been used and had many knife cuts acted almost the same as new wood, whereas plastic surfaces that were knife-scarred were impossible to clean and disinfect manually, especially when food residues such as chicken fat were present.

>It revealed that those using wooden cutting boards in their home kitchens were less than half as likely as average to contract salmonellosis (odds ratio 0.42, 95% confidence interval 0.22-0.81), those

Wooden cutting boards are just better and safer and less riskier for you in the long run.

Why not just live in a country where chickens are really really unlikely to have salmonella?

Huh, neat. We use plastic cutting boards at my workplace, but they go through a pretty heavy dishwasher which I'm sure eradicates any bacteria anyways.

Even at restaurants theres regulations that you need to throw too used up plastic boards into the trash.

>PLASTIC AND WOODEN CUTTING BOARDS

>Dean O. Cliver, Ph.D

>We began our research comparing plastic and wooden cutting boards after the U.S. Department of Agriculture told us they had no scientific evidence to support their recommendation that plastic, rather than wooden cutting boards be used in home kitchens.

This study is aimed toward home kitchens but yeah, looks like wood boards are safer over time.

some small glass one