What's your favorite pasta shape?

What's your favorite pasta shape?
I am partial to thin linguine, but I guess it depends on the dish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NF6r8xdhk90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bucatini

Linguine, Risoni and Accini di Pepe are the three best without filling. Contiglioni is the best one with. This is the undisputed truth.

Long noodles aren't good, they're just easy to make. If you choose any kind of long noodle, you are wrong. If you choose spaghetti, you have a moral obligation to end your own life.

tagliatelle

Riggetoni master race. All other pasta is for plebs

Pieroleponne
Lapapieronne
Popalarione
Pazzini
Zainichi
Tsukini
Vaginini

Farfalle

Are we making soup, rape, or a fatty dish? My overall vote is for strozzapretti. Of suspected but never confirmed origin, but good for everything.

Farfalle, fiori, rotelle, rotini, basically anything short and with some actual structure. Just don't see anything in the 100+ variations of long smooth pasta.

most of the pasta on this image isn't even italian. maybe 2% of it is. Also it's a bogus fucking list because there is no tri color rotini or vegetable infused spaghetti.

radiatore

R O T I N I

I really like the super thin spaghetti that comes in small bundles, Capelli d'angelo.

Farfalle is objectively the worst pasta.

Why? Because it is so inconsistent in thickness that you will never get it 100% properly cooked.

that drawing style bugs the shit out of me

string pasta is SHIT, FUCK IT
Best are short tubes, they ook evenly and hold stuff in them. Rigatoni is good.

This guy gets it

doesnt it some time split to shit too

linguini 24

Is it the screaming dog and man just after 60?

But I like to slurp linguine when I'm by myself.

Mezze penne rigate ftw

very high pasta to sauce ratio
great with very flavorful sauces
the fins keep in a lot of sauce

Do you have a beard? I never liked long noodles because of the potential for making a mess while eating, but now with facial hair, it's nearly impossible. Somehow made it through a bowl of linguine in front of family a few days after Christmas.

It's retarded how people try and "enjoy" durum pasta instead of moving on and eating Kraft soft wheat macaroni.

Oh look.. this thread again.

It's good in what it was made for; soup, were it has a lesser tendency to go completely soggy.

youtube.com/watch?v=NF6r8xdhk90

Rotini, Farfalle, and Small/Medium Shells

Penne masterrace

Why does farfalle come in 12 oz boxes when all the other kinds of pasta come in 16 oz boxes

Farfalle has a very narrow range of application.
It is expecially good with cream-based sauces. Try out a very basic cream and salmon pasta with farfalle and I guarentee you'll change your mind.
The inconsistent thickness is supposed to give you well cooked at the edges, al dente at the center.
I guarantee you'll change your mind.

I am Italian so I have specific favourites for specific sauces.
If I absolutely have to pick just one, it's spaghetti (actually spaghetti grossi, an inbetween of spaghetti and spaghettoni). The everyday versatility is what made spaghetti the "standard" Pasta, and I like them thicker than usual.
However, they are rarely the optimal shape, so being the wop I am I don't actually make spaghetti that often.

My current stock is 9 different shapes for a total of about 10Kg of pasta.
Durum pasta:
-Long: spaghetti, linguine, bucatini
-Short: penne rigate, rigatoni, farfalle, anelletti
Egg pasta: Lasagne and pappardelle (it'd be better to make or buy both fresh, but I keep them just in case).

>Blocks your path