What's Veeky Forums's favorite staple food?

Mine is plantain. Boil it, cook it, put it in the oven, or even better, fry it, and you've got yourself some good food.

Just a single food? That's a tough one, though I would probably go with carrots.

Fried plantains are fucking awesome though. I never think to buy any while out grocery shopping.

Gonna have to be potatoes.

You can do almost anything to them/with them and they will come out good. And they pair/mix very well with almost anything too.

/thread

rice and you cant stop me

I'm going to have to agree with Potatoes are versatile and can even just be an easy baked potato for convenience

Flour, butter, eggs, sugar

i was gonna say beans or so i'll go with beans just to be contrarian

Rice and beans

Wheat. Nothing comes close to the perfect slice of country bread with butter, a naan to dip in curries, a neapolitan pizza, pasta. The list is endless.

cabbage

its not really a food though. Its an ingredient.

>not yams

Fucking white people

Onions

>white people
>eating plantain
>Not mistaking plantain for banana that isn't ripe yet

White people hate plantains. But tend to like cassava. Idk if its historical reproach on what is assumed to be guinea food. African staple...

as a white person I can confirm that I do in fact hate plantains.

White people like corn and potatoes, sweet potatoes.

Latinos (exluding area north of oaxaca mexico) tend to love cassava or plantain. Everyday breakfast lunch and dinner. Rice everyday.

raspberries

These starchy plantains aren't heavy enough. Fry them.

Pasta

Question:
"A staple food [...] is a food that is eaten routinely and in such quantities that it constitutes a dominant portion of a standard diet for a given people" - wikipedia.

So is soda the staple food of america?

What are they like?

T. Yuropoor

this, obviously

You can do anything to rice and beans. I love adding sweet chili sauce and chopped tomato and green onion. Touch of sour cream.

apples for me they are #1

Cabbage.

All cabbage dishes could be done in bulk (soup broth tastes even better the second day, easy salad of just raw cabbage + sour sauce + oil is good both crunchy and soaked in its juice, stewed with tomatoes and peppers and zuccinis and onions is the absolute best the second-third day right from the frigdge)
Free vitamin C in kraut (that one lightly fried goes well with fried sunny eggs, tomato juice + kraut juice is greatest of all time juice)
Sweet and tasty filler (filling fried veg filler to plain rice, motherfucking kimchi goes with everything including just plain bread)
Pairs with meats well, can be used on overly fat meat (good broth with meat and trinity, amazing stewed with fresh or processed meat with sour cream on top shredded or as a wrapper, good addition to really fat pork in dumplings along usual onions)

probably more

Beef.

beer

Corn.

Soda is a delivery vector for corn syrup.

rice