Ice cream

Chefsteps frozen custard recipe, cooked with one bunch of mint and chopped Andes mints. Gonna try blueberry frozen custard with lemon curd swirl tomorrow

Show results of preparation.

the finished product. what flavor should i try next?

Looks good. Pecan pie and shortbread bits in vanilla custard next.

butterscotch caramel! maybe even throw some chocolate chips in there!

That reminds me I should buy an icecream machine.

looks like it still has a ways to go... if you plan to store it, the ice cream should be more frozen

I run a little ice cream shop, ask me anything.
Looks good m8

What aspects of your childhood envioment made you become a little ice cream shop man.

Nothing in my childhood really, I actually got into making ice cream several years back thinking I'd just make some for family events and whatnot but I ended up really enjoying the process for some reason.

Thanks good sir. Do you store ice cream in a freezer set to a lower temperature to firm it up, or is it always stored at the same temp as is in the cabinet?

Strangely enough, its very satisfying making your own ice cream and I have been using this machine a lot more. For the price it really is a great deal. The one con with the machine is that it is rather noisy, but other than that its a workhorse.

Yeah I use a freezer that's about -10F to temper the ice cream then it's moved to a holding freezer that's closer to serving temperature. If I tried tempering the ice cream at scooping temperature it would end up with an icier texture and possibly lose some of its overrun.

If you enjoy making ice cream and make it often I suggest buying a model that has its own compressor.

Why is did my mom and dad fight each other?

Money or sex issues.

OP here, now attempting blueberry frozen custard, gonna add lemon curd to balance the sweet. Will post more pics of finished product tomorrow

>frozen custard
>cooked

The science behind cooking your mix is it weakens the bonds for the dairy proteins and if you're using eggs it activates the lecithin for emulsion and stabilization, same goes if you're using other stabilizers like carrageenan.

We've been unseasonly warm here. It was 65 here today, so I'm holding off on making ice cream.

>warm
>65
65 degrees is warm to you?

I mean cool

Make your ice cream and put plastic wrap or wax paper on top of it and keep it in a freezer that doesn't have a defrost cycle and it will stay perfect until it gets warmer.

First thing I'm gonna make is mango sorbet.
Gonna make a double batch cuz my mom loves it, too.

>ICE CREAM SALT

Old style ice cream churners use ice and salt mixture to freeze the ice cream, ice cream salt I guess is like rock salt.

>chefsteps
I just looked up their frozen custard and lemon curd videos and they were shilling for Joule in both. It's sous vide really the best way to do these?

Regardless, OP I'm looking forward to this one, sounds delicious.

>It's sous vide really the best way to do these?
It's the foolproof lazy way of doing it. All you really have to do is, depending on what stabilizers you're using, get it up to between 161-180F and hold it there for a few minutes then chill.