Is it possible to "fix" a picky eater?

Is it possible to "fix" a picky eater?

My bf's diet seems to consist of only the following: tendies, pepperoni pizza, french fries (wont eat potato in any other form but these and chips), and hot wings.

He hates pretty much any kind of vegetable and fruit and doesn't even like pasta/noodles.

I am slowly being driven insane.

Branch them out slowly, maybe with slight variations on what they already like

I hear cuckoldry works wonders.

Don't like him? Dump him. Why are you obsessed with finding someone, or changing someone, to perfectly meet your particular whims and fancies? You sound like the mentally ill one in the relationship.

Please

Go

Back

to

Reddit

>this thread again

You're dating a manchild. Stop doing that.

You must not be worth changing his eating habits over. Must sting a bit.

Post his boi-puccy

Considering his shitty diet, does his cum taste bad?

What a retarded attitude. You can like someone's other qualities and want them to change some other part of themselves.

You know denial isn't just a river in Egypt

Wanting to change someone you're in a relationship with is always a mistake. Young girls make this one a lot for some reason. They find a guy who is a project they think they can fix up. That never works.

He's probably thinking "why doesn't my boyfriend fuck off with trying to force myself to eat food I hate. What a harpy cunt." It won't last, he will resent you for treating him like a child, and you will resent him for acting like a child. Dump him now because you can't handle anyone liking things you don't like.

It definitely is. My bfs parents are really intelligent and great chefs and I didn't want to seem like a pleb to them so at first I just forced myself to eat new shit but now I genuinely like eating almost everything. It's awesome going to a restaurant and not being limited to certain items because of pickiness. I also kind of look down on my family members now because every single time they order something they have to edit the dish for their pickiness. I'm a girl so social pressure was a really effective motivator. Not sure if it would work as well on a guy though. Anyway thanks for reading my blog!

Wew. You guys are morons. Her boyfriend is an idiot and likely has other problems besides his diet, but it's ridiculous to think that people shouldn't change at all in a relationship. When I met my girlfriend, I smoked like a pack-and-a-half a day. She clearly didn't like it, and I eventually quit. I'd say both of us are better off.

>her

its not a bad thing to be concerned. However trying to force it wont change anything, when you eat with him dont just eat what he eats, you should try to expose him to new things rather than blatantly trying to fix him

Honestly, just tell him that you would rather not eat like a greasy pig, and that he should fucking deal with it. How old is he exactly? I have younger sisters that hate just about anything that isn't chicken, they have option to not eat what they don't like, but they eat it anyway. Tell him to suck it up, or he can buy and make his own dinner.

Kek

I think you're missing the point. You knew quitting smoking was a good idea, and just used her disapproval as the reason to do it. You didn't do it for her, you did it for yourself and she was a catalyst.

That's not the same as a picky eater. Being a picky eater is part of this guy's identity, and probably has been since he was four or five years old. His parents couldn't change this. He has no desire to change this. What makes you think his gf can?

Dude above me has a point. but still, make him cook his own dinner rather than eating what he likes all the time.

Smoking was part of my identity way more than being a picky eater is part of someone's identity, I think. Also, I had no real desire to quit, but the it developed after I was with her. I have no idea if she can, or if it's worth the effort. Being a picky eater is shitty, bad for you, and publicly embarrassing. If he can't ever get it through his head, well, too bad.

Bumping for intrest

Cook what you like, if he gets hungry enough he'll eat.

>Smoking was part of my identity way more than being a picky eater is part of someone's identity, I think
I would disagree on that. It's a powerful psychological thing. Choosing not to eat specific foods is one of the earliest ways someone can assert their will as a child. In a world where they have little control over over much of anything they can assert some control when it comes to what they refuse to eat. They will fight for that, which is why most parents realize it's not a battle worth fighting. It's a little odd to continue this kind of behavior into adulthood, but most picky eaters never really get over it 100%. I know this because I'm from a family of picky eaters. By bro made it through college on a diet of coffee, beer, pizza, burgers and chicken wings. Now he eats almost like a normal human, but still has a long list of foods he won't eat. My mother won't touch bivalves, peas, mushrooms or okra. She didn't decide eggplant was OK until she was in her 60's. My nieces are teenagers who are afraid of unfamiliar foods because they might contain something they don't like (such as onions). You can't just wave a magic wand and fix people like this. They have to grow out of it on their own, and most never completely do, they just get over some of it.

>her
Where do you think you are?

I hear a lot about this "picky eater" condition on Veeky Forums, but I am yet to see one in real life.
Sure, I know people who hate tomatoes or dislike most salads etc, but no one whose diet consists only of pizza and tendies.
Is this strictly an american thing or something?

once they're hungry they'll get over it, and I mean actual "days without eating hunger"

It's strictly a bait thing

It's possible that he changes but the change has to come from within.

Post feet pls

Or at that point they literally can't eat anymore and they have to go to a hospital to be fed through a tube which is what happened to me when I was a kid.

It's pretty common with American kids. Met a few Irish kids who were the same way.

Cook actual food and make him prepare his own. If he doesn't wanna eat like a big boy he can microwave his own bullshit.

That's a really shitty problem, OP. My brother is a picky eater but ever since he started cooking meals he's got a better pallet. His wife has really great taste in food though so I guess she influenced him too. But maybe try to expand his horizons as food goes and try to go to really high rated restaurants in your area. You can both try something you haven't had and maybe get inspired to make your own meals.

DTMFA. There's no hope here.

I've actually met someone like this. he only will eat BK, not mcdonalds too... fucking ridiculous. he's got a lot of growing up to do but considering his entire family is like that, i doubt it will ever happen. their entire tribe is a living, breathing reminder that autism is genetic.

Yes. My bf is like this. He loves broccoli now and what I did was sauté it in a pan with spices instead of boil it. He likes other veggies like this too. Cook for him and bring the food to him on a plate instead of asking him what he wants, he will develop a taste for what you cook in time. Just make sure you know how to actually cook and how to use spices that harmonize.

So, just to make sure we're on the same page: "growing up" means eating a wider variety of fast food to you?

Growing up means not having habits that a fucking child would have. This includes not limiting your palate to fried tendies and fries. How are you literally trying to defend high functioning autism eating habits?

Are you also five? Are you also autistic?

>he cares what other people eat

Great. And now that they've eaten the foods they gag on out of sheer desperation, what makes you think they'll stick to it or go back once they have other options? They still hate it.

My brothers are like this just because my parents are the same way. They would probably starve to death if it wasnt for pizza rolls and snack cakes.

It's an uphill struggle, and he'll have to actually want to change.

Also +1 for the 'fixing your partner' stereotype.

I know a friend who eat pasta only. Never seen him eat fish or a steak. Just mac n cheese or pasta with lots of cheese. And never veggies. Another one eats a burger with just ketchup and bacon, pepperoni pizza, chicken Parmesan, and barely any veggies either. There is no balance. And they stick to one or two things on the menu. It doesn't help that they don't cook either. They aren't going to change unless they themselves want to change. It's a hard habit to break because they have been doing it for so long.

give him a peach and he will realize that fruit is like candy

>mfw picky eaters unironically trigger me

See

Not necessarily. My friend and I agreed to get sushi, and he brought along his friend as well. Unbeknownst to me, his friend was a picky eater and rejected all the sushi and sashimi there, and decided to get fried rice instead.

Sure it doesn't affect me personally, but it sure as fuck affects the entire dynamic of the social setting.

Introduce a good boy point system. The things that you list will cost GBP that accumulate slowly over time but the healthy things are free.

Dump him, he's a child.

I'm in this scenario as the picky eater. My boyfriend has been very slowly getting me to try new things. He had to guilt trip me by talking about how he wished we could go more places and that I wasn't a very deferential girlfriend. But boy, am I glad he did. It's good for my health and I make him happy.

Try having him skip breakfast and cook a late lunch. You're more open minded when you're starving.

your boyfriend sounds like a pain, I bet his pickiness extends to other parts of his life too. Break up, find someone else.

This. And the people who date them equally trigger me. They're definitely fucked in the head for enabling and rationalizing the behavior.