How is this called in your country?

Here we call it "Milanesa" tho it was created here.

I know something simmilar is made in Austria.

Here I think it's more a concept than a dish (don't know how to explain it well in english, sorry)

Like you can do a Milanesa from Chicken, Beef, Fish, Eggplant...

But of course Chicken and Beef are the most popular.

I'll be adding some more examples and variations.

>frying a cutlet was invented here
Pablo stop

Fish

>cutlet
It's not a croquett, and the meat cut you can use is not some random shit, some people don't consider it a Milanesa if it's not from a specific cut.

Also, Eggppalnt

Beef

I call it Schnitzel for pork or veal (German ancestry).
Chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken since I'm from the south USA.
My gf is Italian and she calls it Milanesa as well, except her family only does chicken.

It is definitely just different names on the same concept. Pound your meat, flour, egg, bread crumbs, then fry. Easy easy.

>chicken fried chicken

you serious

In Germany and Austria it's a (Wiener) Schnitzel, depending on wether you use veal or pork. Chicken is popular as well.

Katsu

I'm not a jap but I've made plenty of it at a restaurant

Funny, we call it Milanga

where?

Backhendl dates back to 1719. Fried chicken is an Austrian invention. Wiener Schnitzel is made of ultra-thin cut veal. Butterfly-cut, so to say. The secret is an bizarre amount of butter lard in the pan. Gets you the Donauwellen of picture related. Turn only once. Use a spoon to spill lard on the baked side. Dry Schnitzel with paper towel. Is how its done...

>some people don't consider it a Milanesa if it's not from a specific cut
yet you can still fry an eggplant and it's milanesa?

As I said, some people only cosider Milanesa if it's made of some beeef cuts and chicken breats.

Others just pick up some dirt, put it to fry and it's a me! Milanesa!

ignore this shithead
I'm argentinian and I perfectly know this comes from the italian version of the schnitzel, which themselves got from the austrians through their shared alpine border (don't know how is the actual italian group of people living there - I want to say "piamontese" but I'm not sure)

shit is delicious and although we had barely anything to do with its conception it is a very popular comfort food dish here for some reason

They are called Südtiroler. Still waiting for Hitler to free them. Filthy Italians (they call them the Welsh) stole the Schnitzel and brought it to Milano. Made a coteletto of it. Destroyed it for the rest of the world.

>how is this called
You mean "What is this called".

Fish Frydays.

It's called a schnitzel in English speaking countries

Amerilards have these weird names like chicken fried steak that nobody else in the world uses

We'd call that dog shit on a plate in my country, maybe you heard of it.

Mirica

L I M A
I
M
A

Nothing wrong with a good ol' chicken fried steak smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes and some fried okra. Fly-over comfort food is bomb guys.

Escalopa

Chicken fried steak is a southern thing. As a midwesterner I immediately recognize that as schnitzel

empanada

Here in The Only Country That Matters, we call it "chicken fried steak".

My family calls it "à milanesa" too but everyone else just says "empanado".

>Here we call it "Milanesa" tho it was created here.
>Here

Where, you fucking assfucked fucking fuck.
Is anyone supposed to know where YOU are just because you said "here"..... NO, what the fuck is wrong with you. Really, what the FUCK is wrong with you.

its also called shnitzel. crumbed meat battered and fried.

шницeл(shnitzel)

cotoletta or orecchia di elefante (very large steak)

I'm no Italian but I'm pretty sure "orecchia di elefante" means "elephant's ear"

Milano, perhaps?

"kotlet schabowy" if made from pork, "kotlet z kurczaka" if chicken
I've never seen the beef variant

yes, it's usually expensive because it's a lot of quality meat

>Pound your meat

not surprising to see this on Veeky Forums...

>we call it "Milanesa"
That's from Italian people calling it "cotoletta alla milanese" (Milan-style cutlet).
Why do Italians call it like that?

That thing right there is a traditional Austrian dish, called Schnitzel. North-east Italy, including Milan, was once part of the Austria-Hungary, so it shares many traditions with Austria. However, Schnitzel would be a very odd sound in a romance language, so it became Cotoletta.
As Italy became a country, different Italian cultures mixed. For most of Italy, that thing is from Milan. Hence the term "Milanese".

Radetzky liked it when he was governor of Milan and brought the recipe to Austria