Crawfish Thread

who else is making a run on these tasty critters before they go out of season? im boiling 80 lbs for around 15-20 people tomorrow

I hope you use the shells for a sauce. Fantastic flavor, better than the meat in my opinion.

Crawfish claws crushed into a bisque with a real lobster tail is top.

>claws
>no mention of the roe, or the "butter" as some call it.

15-20 ppl. 5-4 pounds for every person
>murica

5 lbs of crawfish isn't as much food as it sounds like. that's maybe a pound of tail meat

Are you nuts? With crawfish that's nothing.

I've heard the state of Washington has the tastiest crawdads in the world and they are perfectly legal to fish, but even locals just don't eat them very often. What gives? They are called Signal Crawfish.

i had crawfish and it was disgusting

tasted like overcook shrimp with grit in it

I've yet to try any crawfish but they seem to fuel an entire damn ecosystem in a canal near me and they're perfectly legal to catch. What's the best way to catch a bunch of them at once?

Bait traps would probably net you the most. I used to catch them by hand when I was a kid. I'd make the two biggest ones fight each other and the winner was allowed to go back into the creek to fuck lady crawfish. Haven't been back in ages but I imagine I created a creek of genetically superior crawfish with their own system of justice

Dude we have such few streams and lakes with crawdads in them. Trust me if i could find a good craw lake id be eating like a cajun king for free for the rest of my life. Also, the sognal crayfish is native to washington but its bwing wiped out by the invasive red crawfish

Mais you boutta have a bon temps, cher

what is your favorite seafood boil seasoning? old bay doesn't count

accident drowned all my crawfish in the cooler can i still boil them and serve them to guests?

I'm allergic to shrimp. Would I be allergic to these guys too?

well shit they're all dead. i promised these people crawfish so full speed ahead. they have been dead for at least an hour. no worries the hot water will take care of everything

this. we'd always do 10 pounds per person to be safe. never had any leftovers

its gotta be the liquid form

Probably. I am mildly allergic to both. My mom is very allergic to shrimp and mildly allergic to crawfish.

It's not 100% guaranteed, but seems related.

I always use powdered and liquid along with one of those Zatarains mesh bags and a 16 oz bottle of Louisiana hot sauce.

Dude, I live in a small uk island abdctgeres no food I want to eat more than this