Got me a picnic roast (pork butt) defrosting in the sink

i was gonna cook it in the oven but I have no tinfoil to cover it, am i fucked?

i bought it two days ago and it was expiring today, but i froze it till today. if I defrost overnight will it still be before the exp date. im concerned its too late at this point today to thaw and cook this beast of a shoulder

>tinfoil

anywho, why cant you just go get some (aluminum) foil? Are you in the middle of nowhere?

Have any kitchen parchment paper? Try that.

shit i think i need a rack too for the oven method. damn this cheap piece of meat is gonna be the end of me financially!

i think i just put it on my smoker if im gonna have to spend $4 more i might always just get some charcoal and not need the rack or foil.

if you have a crock pot just make some carnitas.

i would but my crockpot is one of the small ones sadly

i do, i might try that its just reg parchment paper. no wax or anything

Cover it in salt, wait a few months, wallah prosciutto

So cut it into smaller chunks?

chop it into big hunks. throw it in a big pan with some broth and orange juice, or just water. try to get a citrus in there though. simmer that shit for like 3 hours, at that point water should be gone and there should be liquid fat rendered out. turn up the heat and fry the meat. this is basically carnitas, add whatever spices you want. I usually just do salt pepper cayenne bay leaf and cumin while it's simmering

Picnic roast is not pork butt.

Pork butt is a shoulder roast while picnic is more of the arm.

Carnitas must be cooked in lard. You can try smoking it if you have a smoker. Or cut it into chunks and make pulled sandwiches with it.

>pork butt is shoulder.
I'm Danish and cuts of meat is pretty much the hardest thing to learn about a foreign language. Why isn't this shit standardised?

Pork butt = nakkefilet
Kan være med eller uden ben.

Its simply because different cultures have different butchery techniques.

For instance, what would a white european or white american consider a thin steak?

you don't necessarily need foil, just do it low overnight bruh

it would just be a thin ribeye, strip, filet, or tbone.
but a tbone is just a strip and filet with the connecting bone, and a large tbone is called a porterhouse. I dont know how your confused haha

Im asking specifically what would you consider thin ribeye?1",1/2",1/4", 1/8", 1/16", 1/32"

pork skewers

>inches