Microwave Cooking

Have any of you ever cooked a Turkey or a ham in the microwave before? I have a Turkey and a ham sitting in my freezer from last year that I need to cook but I don't feel like oven baking it, takes too long.

How long should a Turkey be placed in the microwave for?

AND

How long should a ham be placed in the microwave for.

The issue is that there is no way to reliably cook a bird. If you cook so as to have one part be juicy, another part will be Raw or burnt. So it is overall a clusterfuck

What about hams?

Might be a little easier, especially if boneless since it has a little more even. However even if you get that right it will taste much worst since the glazing process by default required the heat and time that oven cooking provides.

5 hours on Low

post pic of results

You should place yourself in the microwave instead. Whole turkey or ham should be Baked.

Honestly, put it in the oven you lazy bastard.

Wash with cold water, remove insides. 20 mins a lb.

Season that thing unless you want it to be bland.

Why do you care how long it takes to cook if you've had it frozen for a fucking year? You're obviously in no rush, and you don't need to intervene it when it's in the oven, so what's the problem?

Don't wash meat.

>washing poultry

why do you guys say this. i've only ever cooked chicken by first washing it with water and rubbing it with lemon. is there an advantage to not doing that?

lime*

What's wing with washing meat?

do you like turkey and ham tasting like hot rubber?

take turkey out and defrost a day or 2 before you want to cook it and stick it in the oven.

Why are you humoring this asshole?

They're retarded and think you're going to contaminate your sink with salmonella. Washing poultry is fine, just be sure to clean your sink after you do.

>there won't be a mess provided you clean up the mess!

But anyway, the point is that it's a waste of time. You're not accomplishing anything.

Is this some twisted joke!? I don't allow a microwave in the house. Microwaves are evil.

>Better not cut meat on anything
>Don't want to have to clean up a potentially bacteria ridden mess later after cooking
>Guess I'll just eat or prepared meals from now on

Cutting meat is a necessary step in its preparation, Washing is not.

doesn't washing affect taste tho

Microwaves alter the molecular structure of food and water in harmful way, OP when you cook or reheat food in a microwave it looses its nutrition and you basically consume just calories that make your body feel full.

Place yourself in the microwave faggot

low quality bait

I've done hamburgers and chicken, both turned out well.

Can you cook a Turkey or ham in a george forman, by rotating it every so often?

/crockpot/

this

do it for science

>the molecular structure
no, all microwaves do i send waves around that work at a frequency that only react with H2O. if anything, the only thing it does is changes its state into vapor if you zap it for long enough.

Microwave... I heard tell of a such a thing. I think radiation be God's own glow.

No
It's like putting oil on spaghetti water: it won't do any harm but it won't improve it either

And just where exactly do these nutrients go? Microwaving retains more nutrients from vegetables than most other cooking methods.

>nutrients can't be destroyed
t. reddit scientist