Friday Night Hooliganery

Ravioli, ravioli.

Roll out!

GIVE ME THE FORMUOLI.

This looks like's going to be really cute :3c

Keep rollin.

WOAH

Trying different patterns.

Why is one of them black? Is it just coloring or is there an actual flavor to it?

I like the way these came out.

One is squid ink pasta with a little black food coloring to get it just a tad darker. The other is just a plain pasta dough. Both are a 50/50 semoline and AP flour mix with eggs, water and oil, pinch of salt.

what're you using for filling?

Fat lines.

Buttery sautéed mushrooms.

Thin lines

give me the death i deservioli

An assortment in pesto.

I rolled out some of the light and dark scraps together till they fully integrated and created a grey dough. Then I cut it for spaghetti. It came out _nice_.

Would you mind posting your exact recipe?

lovely. good stuff op.

I want to eat this

Can I suck your cock, OP?

They look like shit. Sorry I'm not an easily impressed 17 year old weeb.

>pasta
>weeb
please explain

They're trying too hard, as always ignore the autist.

lol you don't have to try so hard. now crawl back to whatever mcdonalds thread you came from.

I divided tho recipe in half and replaced flour with 50% semolina and 50% ap flour. I also added a bit of olive oil and had to add a little more flour to hit the right feel. At first the dough was too wet and sticky.

Should add that i divided the recipe in half and made half black and half white by adding squid ink to half.

Squid ink, if you have never worked with it before, usually comes in small packets. Think of a really small soy sauce packet. It is a very small amount of squid ink and it really doesn't take very much because it is really black... I just weighted the packet that I have left and plastic pack and all weighs 3 grams. Probably 1 gram of it is squid ink.

I got impatient while the dough was mixing and added about 5 drops of black food coloring as well, but i'm not sure that i needed it. if i had just waited for all the squid ink to be evenly mixed in, one packet might have been enough.

Looks impressive

Great idea for how to combine the light and dark into one sheet. Fascinating and original. I'm going to try it next time I make it with green from ground spinach and plain. Thanks for sharing it.

Jesus christ I think I'm in love with you, OP.
I can totally see how being competent at cooking can get you laid now, 'cause I want to just suck your dick right now.

Damn Nice OP are you the guy whose bread didn't rise?

Yeah that was probably me. I get differing results from time to time. I think this is what you are referring to... That loaf came up small, but it still made great sandwiches.

Those look the nicest.

is this salmiakki pasta?

That's some pretty ravioli, OP.

Yes... The big fat lines are both the easiest to do, as well as looking very sharp and sort of classy, if pasta can look a certain way...

I did some that were white on one side and black on the opposite side, and those were more impressive when plated, than I thought they would be.

No they are squid ink, not licorice.

Awww, you guys are making me blush!

do you think, if you ever make these again, of trying to make the line run from corner to corner?

Ebony and Ivory...

whoa... so this is the power of ravioli

im jealous at how nice some of ur kitchens are, by any chance are you looking for a boyfriend

Nice job, OP! They look like they're wearing little pasta tuxedos.

>corner to corner

With the ravioli mold that I have, you roll out the dough and lay it across the mold as a sheet... the way i roll out the dough thin is by using a rolling attachment on a kitchen aid. as it pulls the dough in it tends to stretch it vertically, it would be difficult to get the lines to go diagonally, but i suppose it would be possible with a little practice.

Also, a different mold that does individual ravioli would allow me to orient the lines however i want, though it may cause more scraps. (thats ok because i just turn it into yummy pasta)

I want to try doing polka dots one day too.

h-how?

You take a bit of white and black and you roll it out in the roller to the thickest setting. Then you stack the white and black on top of each other and roll them up like a cigar.

Then you take a sharp chefs knife and you slice that cigar... almost like chiffonade. My dough was sort of wet and so i had to slice mine more like 1/4 inch.

Then you take 4 of those rolls and you lay them out like cinamon rolls and you stick them together side by side. Then you take 4 more and make another row... and you keep doing that till you have a 1/4 thick sheet of spirals.

Press that down and pinch it all together so its all stuck together and then feed that through your pasta roller, or use a lot of flour and a rolling pin.

In the picture, you can still make out the swirls and how I stuck it all together. I eventually rolled that sheet out a bit thinner and stretched it more longways to make which I am affectionately calling "Zebra Rav."

Step one, two thin sheets of dough on top of each other.

Step 2, roll like cigar.

Step 3 slice a bunch of thin discs.

Step 4, Pound them down to mash them together a bit... Squeeze in from the sides a little.

Step 5 - ?, feed them through the machine on increasingly smaller and smaller settings til you hit desired thickness. This was thickest setting.

Setting 3 or 4

You have zero finesse, craftsmanship and artistry.

Setting 6

At this point I decided to cut it and send it through the fettucini cutter sideways. wala. Stripy fettucini!

damn this looks neat

great thread