Help me like Tea

Hey Veeky Forums I've always just lurked on this board but recently my girlfriend decided she wanted to try and get into Tea and I need your help. Now I've always told myself that I fucking hate Tea even though I have only ever had Lipton green tea (I know I am a pleb.) I was wondering what the top tier types of Tea are that we could try together, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/news/consumer/why-we-get-a-better-cup-in-ireland-than-all-the-tea-in-china-1.1949600
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I fucking hate Tea even though I have only ever had Lipton

That's like saying you hate coffee because you've only ever sipped someone's leftover latte after the cup's been used as an ashtray.

>I was wondering what the top tier types of Tea
The thing about tea is it's a lot like wine: there are basic styles but the meat of it is in regional differences.

I could tell you "black tea is my favorite type" but is that a tangy Ceylon? A hearty Masala Chai? Drowning myself in the oppressive smokeyness of a Lapsang Souchong?

I don't have much, if any experience with Tea, so I guess what I am really asking is where do I begin. Should I just get a variety pack like pic related and just test the waters? (Seems like the obvious answer though desu, but I was just wondering what Veeky Forums recommends)

>bagged tea

No.

Go look at the tea general you dingus.

Thanks for being helpful and linking it user.

If you can't even use the catalog I don't want to help you in the first place, you limp-wristed faggot.

>Assuming I knew that there was Tea general

You just like sounding like a hopped up autistic don't you?

What I know is you're too thick to type the word "tea" into the search bar, and being whiny passive-aggressive shithead is not a productive way to ask for help.

As far as bagged teas go, you can't go wrong with Twinings. In my opinion they are the superior brand of tea for most types of tea.
But the question is OP, do you just want to make a nice cuppa every day or are you trying to be rightfully autistic about it?

Twinings is the worst bagged tea, second only to Lipton.
Shit's always stale and often has a soapy aftertaste.

>cuppa
Ah, which reminds me: don't trust bitfaggots on tea, they have the worst taste and they're proud of it.

>Calls me a dingus
>Calls me a limp-wristed faggpt
>"Stop being a passive-aggressive shithead or I won't help you!"

I don't want your help, fuck off.

I would like to just have a cup a day, I don't plan on being autistic about it. If you recommend Twinings I might give them a try thanks for the help.

>dingus
This is deliberately mild and inoffensive.
If you take offense to dingus then you're a limp-wristed, thin-skinned faggot who is beyond helping.

>passive aggressive, limp-wristed faggot
This was direct at your passive-aggression and overall limp-wristedness, which you continue to demonstrate.

All I did was point out that there was a proper tea general, and now you're lashing out like a toddler.

Fuck off back to facebook or whatever hugbox you came from.

Come here to Ireland, we have the best tea going my friend.

irishtimes.com/news/consumer/why-we-get-a-better-cup-in-ireland-than-all-the-tea-in-china-1.1949600

Maybe you could order some Lyons off the internet? A drop of milk, leave the teabag in it and a teaspoon of sugar.

You absolute fucking troglodyte, don't reply to me again
twinings is patrician tea, don't even fucking compare it to lipton. I bet you are the exact type of person to boast about their palate but drink Typhoo.
Top yourself.

There's no such thing as patrician bagged tea, how dare you reply to my post with this unrepentant drivel.

>mcdonalds is a patrician restaurant, don't even fucking compare it to burger king
bagfags, I swear

>>>/tea/
Now go argue about how you spoiled your 30 quid/50g tin of exotic tea because you brewed it for an attosecond too long.
If you care about quality tea but you aren't autistic enough to go loose leaf and invest in some other shit Twinings is perfectly fine you contrarians

>doesn't know how to link another thread
>doesn't know how to link the catalog
>tries to link to another board entirely which doesn't even exist

Yep, sure is summer.

>not knowing that it is perfectly acceptable to link to generals in this way
>being this autistic about formatting
>proving my point
Embarrassing

decent tea isnt even that expensive, you can easily get 50g for under 10$ and get some nice medium quality leaf at a lower price per gram than bags

>not knowing that it is perfectly acceptable to link to generals in this way

It's not a link.
It doesn't go anywhere at all.

You continue to make a summer's fool of yourself.

>implying I was trying to link anywhere
>implying it doesn't mean exactly the same thing anyway
>continuing to damage control to project your anal annihilation over being called out on your autism
You should've quit when you had the chance

You utter buffoon, contradicting yourself and trying to project your gaffe onto others won't work here.

Here we can observe the loose-leaf fag in its natural habitat.
Despite repeatedly denying its capacious autism, it proceeds to post one of many smug anime girls on his computer in a pitiful effort to make himself seem in control of his emotions on his favourite forum, despite the fact that he has no need to save face as he is anonymous.
When we analyse the trait of such specimens, their tastes - as a result of their Asperger's syndrome - becomes evident; being rejected by mainstream society for all their life, they turn to alternatives, even rejecting the far more conventional and cheaper tea because they wish to feel superior to the masses, quickly falling to stereotypes and irrationality.
Despite the fact that it is of no consequence whether this particular sufferer 'loses' the internet battle, they continue to reply with increasing frustration. Let us observe what he does next.

at least he's not gulping down that disgusting bog water

>30 quid/50g
Stupid Europoor, I bet you put milk in your tea too.

Peppermint tea is fantastic, although caffeine free. It is very relaxing and melts my stress away for the 5 minutes I'm drinking it.

>
thread recently archived with some good advice for newbies.

>leave the teabag in it
git out

if its not Camellia sinensis, its not tea.
Herbal 'teas' are called tisane.
Just a general FYI

Black tea basics:

Darjeeling is floral and mid to light in flavor. Good with a touch of honey. Great with cookies/biscuits/scones.

Earl Gray will have bergamot, a citrus oil. Refreshing and energizing. Good for breakfast.

English Breakfast is strong. Irish Breakfast stronger still. This is the "coffee" of the tea world. Sugar and or cream/milk is perfectly acceptable, considering its robustness.

Boil water. Take off heat. Tea bag 3-5 mins depending on tea on desired strength. I like to use a silicon topper to capture the steam. Add sweetener (honey, sugar, cream) as desired. Drink.

>The thing about tea bags is that it is ground up to dump all its flavor in the first steep. Whole leaf tea can almost always be steeped multiple time, as it released flavors slowly, thus there is more subtlety and distinguishable flavors with variation between steeps.

>Most coffee drinkers will like black tea; it has the most caffeine and the richest flavor, often with nutty, smokey, or chocolaty notes. You can buy cheap loose leaf tea in some stores like world market, but most tea shops have a wide range of quality and pricing. Start with something that is
about $5/oz.

>Amount of tea, steeping temp. and time is different for every kind of tea; it will usually have a recommendation on the bag, or ask a worker - There are some general rules of thumb for this.

>You can use a well cleaned french press, cloth bags, wire meshes, or buy specific pots, but ultimately, you want room for the leaves to have room to expand and float around.

>All tea (white, green, black, puerh, etc.) comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, and very in the way the leaves are oxidized, roasted, rolled, etc.

If you don't like the taste of the common teas like black and green, try white, or a jasmine blend.

It says tea on the box, and that's good enough for me.