ITT: Foods People Under 30 Bring to Potlucks

Chips, sodas, pizza, and storebought cake, every single time.
People under 30 literally DO NOT know how to cook, and it's really sad.
Even if you cook something, they won't eat it, because it doesn't look as nice as some storebought thing.

>Under 30
>Potluck
How's Church been, Martha?

bring this to a party and you will get your dick sucked.

>i'm mad that people can't cook so they try to make up for it by bringing food anyway

I don't know anyone under 30.

The only people I know over thirty are either my family members or my supervisors

>$21.99

>Still throwing Potlucks in 2017

kek

Man, remember communities?
Remember families?

Surely there will no consequences for the destruction of these integral social structures.

Let me guess, this is what you bring.

I didn't destroy them dude

if you community and/or family relies on potlucks to survive you were fucked to begin with

Go stick your dick in a church, normie cuck

>muh potlucks
I'd rather have Taco Bell than great-aunt Linda's burnt tater-tot casserole salad
I don't know what kind of church basements you guys hang out in if the food there is edible.

26 here. If it's summer and it's a BBQ I bring Peri Peri Chicken Skewers, if it's winter I bring a large Lasgana or potato bake.

Ever have an workplace potluck?

>all the people with salaries of 80K and up bring in pastries from fancy patisseries and wine

>all the people in the 40-50k range bring chicken dishes and beer

>all the people below 40k bring in all home cooked food and soda

Oi m8 I'm 27 and I would bring this, White Castle is more classy than Taco Belle

My work does it.

holy shit they make lays and cheetos taptio????? i thought they only made doritos! where do you get this?

My go to potluck things:
>pecan pies (my great aunt's recipe, actually award winning)
>big bubba's potato salad
>pulled pork

If you can make good homemade guacamole, you will be the savior of the party. People destroy fresh guacamole if its good.

The secret to good guac is to sprinkle in some of that guacamole seasoning mix.

If someone brought this to my potluck I'd bar them from fucking entering. I'm not asking them to prepare anything big but at least clean out a bowl and throw some pre-brought dip for chips in it.

Dude people love Taco Bell, Live Mas!

I know this feeling all too well, I brought Irish Stew once and everyone hated it.

Anyone have that Greentext?

people under 30 attend potlucks?

Of course

Me and my wife throw one occasionally. I'm 25, she's 23. We also take shit to work potlucks (Christmas party or something) or or her church.

Kek, this board is so retarded

Why buy Taco Bell.

Just buy something from Costco or if you know a good deli, like an Italian deli, you can make them do sandwich party platters or other shit.

>bitch eats spicy chips
>sucks your dick with spicy chip mouth
no thanks

kek this cant be real

I'm 21 and I cook like a motherfucker

im 23 and my office does monthly potlucks. i usually make apple roses with some meme food additions. the standard recipe is get a strip of pastry dough, microwave some very thing apple slices and put them on the edge, maybe add some kind of fruit jam or cinnamon paste, fold and roll the strip up into a spiral. it makes a "flower" shape. ive added shit like strips of bacon and guacamole and cheese at the suggestion of coworkers. its good, but they are insanely into it because its normie meme food. it really impresses all my coworkers. these have gotten me dates with similar aged coworkers, and middle aged retards keep trying to hook me up with their daughters

pic related, range of quality i usually get when i make these. sometimes they look great other times they look retarded. taste good either way

oops forgot pic

I don't give a fuck about the potluck or the sorry lifers who only get joy by showing off some shitty allrecipes pasta dish at their workplace potluck because the company is too cheap to buy catering bi-quarterly for their employees

>be under 30
>make something for office party/potluck
>"ohhhhh look what user made!"
>"wow I didn't know kids these days could cook!"
>"Why you're just always cooking something, aren't you?"
>"hey check out the chef
>"did your wife make that for us?"

Fuck making food for the office the patronizing is out of control

Remember, every man alone outside his home is a pedophile

Unique. Almost too pretty to eat.

>not understanding office bantz

You belong here user

stop being a noob. twist those patronizing insults to your favor. act """humble"""" by claiming it was so easy to make that you cant believe other people cannot cook. indirectly insult them. i always say "no one should be impressed by cooking. cavemen invented cooking, if you cant cook youre dumber than a neanderthal." they immediately get on the defensive and "ironically" spout how they burn water or fail at other simple cooking methods. thats how you know youve got them. they are admitting they are inferior to you. can you boil water without burning it? if you can, you are superior to them. its a normie mind game. they are embarrassed they cannot cook. blatantly insult them for not being able to do something incredibly easy and the tables turn in your favor. insults are a means of keeping competitors down while inflating your own status. most normies dont know how to deal with being challenged, especially if they are legitimately unskilled in whatever theyre insulting you for. their best insult is along the lines of "wow you care too much about ___". disregard them and call them a jealous retard, bitches will be swarming at your feet

thats what everyone says before takign a pic and uploading itto instagram #potluck #cooking #secretstud

I made a simple egg salad for my sister at college, a lot you know for her and roomates and whatever.

Nobody else ate it because it was homemade.

Local mexicans make tamales and sell them for cheap, and nobody in my family will eat them because someone randomly made them.

Dude, but those frozen cow asshole burritos from La Luchadore or whatever the fuck is safe. I never really felt so offended as when someone refused to eat my food because it was homemade. It really sucks.

>Be 21
>Have pot luck with people from frat
>I bring salmon/cucumber rolls and some homemade apple pie
>Another girl makes sweet potato soup and sausage rolls
>Everyone else brings doritos, lays and frozen pizzas

Why don't young people know how to cook?

You probably have to go to a less than desirable area

>implying your dig has a nose

I'm actually having a potluck at my house next weekend. what should the theme be?

Because the people who raised the current crop of young people were never taught how to cook. The children of boomers (now in their late 30s or older) had the benefit of stay at home moms. That was still the societal norm. A higher incidence of stay at home moms meant higher exposure to life skills. The generations after boomers were all workhorses who never had time to make meals, were not stay at home parents, or in many cases, as divorce became more socially acceptable, children were left with 1 parent households. Even less time to cook or impart life skills on their children. It gets worse every day as fewer people commit to stable lifestyles. So many divorcees or single parent families. The result is a crop of kids who can't do shit but order pizza or microwave burritos because their parents were too busy to do anything for them.

>tapatio meme
Fucking normies

>people bringing storebought food at potlucks
What the fuck? My friends and I have a potluck every summer. Everybody cooks for it. Is this an american thing?

I cook all my own meals and enjoy them but I'm too insecure to cook for others.
that's my excuse.

Actually, I mostly just avoid potlucks altogether

That looks fucking fine! The problem is that, Im assuming most in this thread are younger in their 20s, is that that group and younger have never been around a lot of normal food.

They will eat bacon, but if you show them a side of pork they lose their shit. I bought pork cheek for a recipe and everyone loved it, so bacony so good! I showed them the pork cheek and they got sick. Fucking stupid.

So what Im saying is if you take stuff to a potluck I guess what
said is still true, its about presentation and so on.... sadly. Your picture wouldnt be touched by ANYONE I know that is in their 20s, even though it looks damn good.

Go ahead and rub some hot sauce around on your dick.

We'll wait.

>tfw gen x mom
>had to learn from great grandma
That's two generations of women in my family who can't cook. Ridiculous.

>as divorce became more socially acceptable

This. I can remember growing up, granted it was the midwest, there were very few kids whose parents had been divorced. And most mothers were homemakers. And kids could go outside and play all day without some adult butting in or worrying about being kidnapped by a pedo. Felt good man. Anyone who holds out any hope for americas future with this crop of millennials coming of age is deluded.

My mom, her mom and my sister cant cook. I taught myself. Today I fried an egg for lunch while they microwaved one....

>when a vegan shows up with food
You don't know torture

>vegan shows up with Oreos
>turns out they brought the best food