Is there a all-in-one guide where I can learn how to properly cut various meat and vegetables?

Is there a all-in-one guide where I can learn how to properly cut various meat and vegetables?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K7LtTbxIlTE&t=121s
japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/books
youtube.com/watch?v=Apeq0rkVKUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A one in all guide, no. Look at Rick Theory's channel on youtube. Or the "Scott Rea Project" for butchery, also on youtube. The Culinary institute of AMrica also has various knife skills videos up. A lot of good info can also be found on cheftalk. com or kicthenknifeforums.con, both proper moderated forums with no shitposting.
youtube.com/watch?v=K7LtTbxIlTE&t=121s

I can never julienne carrots. :/

Try cooking with jack

Cut off ends
cut carrot into manageable chunks
cut off outer layers to make rectangles
cut rectangles into planks
cut planks into matchsticks
wala

Veeky Forums please help - I don't know how to properly sharpen a knife with one of those rough knife sharpener swords. How??

>figure out how your hands work
>learn to mimic what you see others doing to figure how you hands really work
>watch cooking videos

Unless you're a pro chef working in an actual kitchen, the only chops you need is the one you use to cut an onion with. Slice vertically, slice horizontally then slice vertically the other direction. Done deal.

All the other chops are really basic shit that anyone can figure out.

I just so happen to have this

Feast your eyes, weebs: japaneseknifeimports.com/collections/books

Here's a good starter:
youtube.com/watch?v=Apeq0rkVKUk

what is the point of the horizontal cut? I just cut it radially and the onion comes apart by itself.

No one can do that, those things are shit. get a proper waterstone.

In my experience if you are having a lot of trouble figuring out classic knife forms, it might be because you have shitty hands.

I had a guy with fat and stubby fingers and pretty extreme hitchhiker's thumb, and he physically could not use a chef's knife the normal way.

He eventually just learned to do it his own way, and his work is done just as fast and high quality as the rest of the workers, except he has to stay focused on cutting because it's a bit more dangerous.

Why would anyone with a tattoos on their arms be filmed for an instructional cooking video?
Might as well make a video about how to properly shoot heroin into your arm.

I cut radially if the onion is large and do the grid-cut with the horizontal slices if its on the smaller size or a shallot. I've seen a lot of people who fight over this, but I don't think it truly matters.

>Apply knife to food
>If it's too big chop more
>If it's too small, throw it away and start again

oh shit nigger what are you doing?

>speed holes