'people' who call pizzas 'pies'

>'people' who call pizzas 'pies'
>'people' who refer to burgers as 'sandwiches'
Why do they do this?

pizzas ⊂ pies
burgers ⊂ sandwiches

What's the point you're trying to make, OP?
Your pic doesn't appear to be related.

OK I guess I see what you're saying
It isn't really intended to be related
But I sometimes see people when reviewing items from a fast food place say 'so this sandwich cost me' when they bought a burger.
Same thing for pizza delivery, I just hear people refer to them a pies for whatever reason and it doesn't make much sense.

You could say it's kinda like slang. When I worked in fast food I would, I would call the burgers sandwiches.
It just something I picked up my friend. Same when I worked at a pizza place, my co-workers just said it.

di·a·lect
ˈdīəˌlekt/
noun
noun: dialect; plural noun: dialects

a particular form of a language that is peculiar to a specific region or social group.

THICC

The bottom one is true. The top one isn't.

Pizzas aren't pies. Pies are enclosures for fillings. Back when they were invented, you wouldn't eat the crust, it was just a way for wives to make something to put their husbands lunch in that they could put in their pocket, take down the mines and throw away afterwards.

> professional miners existed before the concept of bags or containers.

Sweet pies (similar to tarts or galettes) have been around since ancient Egypt.

The "coffin" pie style of cooking a pie, with an inedible crust, was so that you could slow bake a meat etc filling when you had an oven like this.

my worldview allows for considering pizzas a type of pie

>> professional miners existed before the concept of bags or containers.
No, but they existed before miners could afford them as you should have gathered from my post.

Does that make a calzone a pie?

I suppose in the sense that I mentioned, but pies also typically have very different kinds of dough than pizzas.

So I'm not a complete retard for disliking pie crust?

>people who call it cheese pizza

Not really, 99% of people don't know how to proportion their pies properly. If you can't eat it with a spoon, it's too thick or overcooked.

ya know, not all pies are butter dough pies you lardsoul

Is that a fucking meat smelter?

>you wouldn't eat the crust
yes they did, stop making shit up to sound intelligent

>If you can't eat it with a spoon, it's too thick or overcooked
lol what?

her medical bills?
Yes, yes they are.

>to sound intelligent
that sounded pretty retarded tbqh

It's kind of antique on both fronts. Before burgers and pizza were ubiquitous across America people used now redundant terms to refer to them. "Pizza pie" and "hamburger sandwich" are relics from the time people called tuna "tuna fish" and minestrone "minestrone soup". As these foods became commonplace the redundant descriptor largely fell out of use.

A burger is a sandwich.
It's a type like a panini which is likewise defined in-part by the bread.

Obese euthanasia when?

Coffin style pies were hardly the only ones being made during medieval times. And the crust wasn't "inedible", it's just fucking flour after all. It would soak the meat juices (coffin style pies were for game birds and other meat, not sweet fillings) from the long bake. Some sources repeat the legend that lords used them to feed their servants, but I find this credulous. The servants probably ate pottage like the rest.

Regardless, there are many thin-wall pie recipes that survive from medieval and elizabethian times into the colonial period.