Would it be dumb to have a Russian restaurant where you serve vodka in a carafe and give drinkers very small (<1oz)...

Would it be dumb to have a Russian restaurant where you serve vodka in a carafe and give drinkers very small (

Russian restaurants, in my experience, are almost always money laundering operations. There is never actually anyone there, the air conditioning is up way too high, the decor is needlessly fancy for the food being served, the menu prices are astronomical, and no matter how many years go by, no matter how empty the tables are, they are there, year after year.

I assume if you have billions of dollars in dirty money, this would, in fact, be a good way to "clean" that money.

>if you have billions of dollars in dirty money
I don't ;_;

I just want to celebrate my heritage by opening a restaurant

>celebrate my heritage
Lmao, let me guess: you're an American who's never set foot in Russia and don't know more than a handful of words, yet you still go around telling people you're Russian.

How exactly does this work, do you put the dirty money in the register and claim you sold $10K worth of sandwiches?

I think most states have laws about customers serving themselves liquor. It's harder to control over-serving.

It's a cool idea though. I've been to enough Ukie weddings to know how much fun it is killing off bottles a little bit at a time over a good meal with your entire table.

I don't go around telling people I'm Russian, but I think a modern Russian restaurant would be more appealing in my city than another place offering single plums, floating in perfume, served in men's hats.

I'd offer small carafes (4-8oz or so) both to satisfy liquor laws and so groups could try a variety.

As someone who's been to Russia many times, let me tell you something. Russian cuisine (and all former Soviet country cuisine) is some of the worst in the world. There's a reason you don't see Russian restaurants everywhere the same way you see Italian, Indian, Chinese, French, etc. Now maybe in America you have some sort of americanised Russian food that tastes better to you guys, I have no idea. But genuine Russian cuisine is terrible.

I'm struggling to name a single good Russian dish.
- Borsch (which is technically Ukrainian but they eat it in Russia so I'll count it) is just a bland, watery beetroot soup.
- Olivie salad, or whatever it's called in English, is just boiled vegetables and ham suspended in a bowl of mayonnaise.
- Pelmeni can be tasty, but it's really nothing special. It's not the sort of dish that'll ever blow your mind.
- Shashlyky are just kebabs.

>no good russian food

LMAO

Read the food descriptions in Gogol's "Dead Souls" or Turgenev's short stories and try to argue that, ignorant faggot.

Would you care to give an example?

>sandwiches
soup:$12
pierogies:$14
caviar supplement:$190
vodka:$9x6
-----------------
$??????? x customers = laundered money

There is often a difference between national cuisine and what ordinary people eat.

Borscht is heavenly, you uncultured swine.

>pierogies
>caviar
>vodka
are you confused with a Polish restaurant perhaps?

>spells it "borscht"
>thinks he's allowed an opinion

>english isn't his native language
>considers himself an authority on our spelling

Sounds like you just came across a lot of holdouts of Soviet food.

Perogis
Russian pancakes
Russian meat dumplings, any kind of dumpling
Maybe pickled vegetables, sausage, caviar
Some salty fish shit
Vodka
Chicken Kiev and other rolled chickens

Anyway, the point of the thread isn't to debate the merits of Russian cuisine.

The question is: Would you go to a bar and order an 6oz serving of vodka for your table so you can intersperse small shots with drinking, and make a bunch of toasts with your friends without overdoing it?

>Perogis
First off, it's "pierogi". Also these aren't eaten in Russia, or if they are they're considered a foreign dish.
>Russian pancakes
These are just ordinary pancakes but slightly thicker. Not really worthy of being called its own dish.
>Russian meat dumplings
The only Russian meat dumplings they eat are pelmeni which I already mentioned.
>Maybe pickled vegetables, sausage, caviar
Okay, I'll give you this one. They do eat pickled vegetables and roe caviar. However they tend to eat tinned roe caviar spread on a slice of bread with butter, not exactly restaurant-quality food, is it?
>Some salty fish shit
Okay, this one is true too
>Vodka
Not a dish
>Chicken kievs
I've never known a single Russian person who's tried a chicken kiev. Along with beef stroganoff, it's one of those dishes that originated in Russia but isn't eaten there anymore.

So overall you get pickled vegetables, tinned caviar on buttered bread, and salty fish. Go ahead and make your restaurant.

You would probably need more than 6 oz to be honest.

In the United States shots at reasonable bars are 1.5 fl oz or 2 fl oz so 6 oz wouldn't enough, realistically there would have to be multiple sizes of table vodkas and at that point why not just have the bar bring over individual shots for everyone periodically throughout the meal?

>Would it be dumb to have a Russian restaurant
No
Please do it
There aren't nearly enough Russian restaurants, anywhere
I don't care what you serve as long as it's Russian

>russian cuisine
there is very little russian cuisine, the vast majority of it is taken from surrounding counties or created by foreigners living in russia including the items you listed. russians just don't appreciate or care much about food like other nations, it is engrained in their culture.

>give drinkers very small (

in order to "confuse" things they have to be different from one another, vladmir

Russian pussy tastes awesome, though.

>Chicken Kiev
>Kiev
>originated in Russia
>Kiev

No wonder Putin invaded Ukraine, you guys never learned geography in school, admit it.

This is exactly the description of the east European restaurant in my area. You either live in the same city as me or you're dead on.

>doesn't realize modern "russian" history started in what is now known as ukraine
as expected of Veeky Forums, you probably think the modern day nation states of the middle east have been around since the biblical flood as depicted in the book of genesis

This thread is full of retards OP.
Just like Chinese is almost always Americanised (name one 100% traditional Chinese restaurant that's popular, it'll probably take you a minute), and most pizzas/pastas on Italian menus have un-Italian shit like ham chunks, feta or kale, then you can make a Russian restaurant to suit the local tastes and likely succeed. Have a talented chef that knows the local tastes from other restaurants they worked at sort it out.

Going full out pure Russian is a bad idea, not until hipsters get on the band wagon and learn to eat borscht like its the new banh mi (wow, Asian submarine sandwich).

I'd go to a good Russian restaurant. Like someone else already said, the ones in my area are over priced for no reason.

I'll believe you except on borscht

because I've had genuine borscht (which was given some proper TL&C) and it's like, 'woah, duuuuuude, the whole IS greater than the sum of its parts'

kefir soup
ukha
pink potato salad with herring
cheburek
buckwheat porridge
sunflower seeds
kompot
and the strong black tea that's brewed 10 times

i don't know what laws they have where you live, but in poland in a lot of pubs you can buy a bottle of vodka for your table and they give you the shot glasses so you can drink it without going to the bar every couple of minutes. i think it's possible in some restaurants too.

>Olivie salad, or whatever it's called in English, is just boiled vegetables and ham suspended in a bowl of mayonnaise.

It is literally just called Russian salad. And yes it is OK but nothing special. Russia just doesn't have the climate to produce amazing food. It is good for hearty filling foods though.

Toasting is pointless and annoying

Chicken kievs originated in Russia but were created by a Ukrainian chef. Look it up, you stupid fucking retard. God I'm so fucking sick of idiots like you acting all smug with your "corrections" when I was right all along and your "correction" is incorrect. Unlike you I never spread information because I always know what I'm talking about. I would fucking cut your throat and stand there laughing as you bled out.

Basically yeah

>As someone who's been to Russia many times

>when your life is so shit you go full rage mode at a Veeky Forums post and make shit up
im legit wewin my lads off rn

As someone who lives in Russia
Russian food is FUKING awesome

Russian pizza is better than american LMAO

lol
>tfw someone takes a picture of an american pizza and attempts to troll but all the pizza fags are inthe pasta trhead right now arguing over pasta types

The Russian restaurant here in Melbourne already does that. Look up Nevsky Russian Restaurant in Australia

Error Detected Please Try Again

>bite
>stroke

Ukraine is a meme country made up by the Brits. Its like if Florida decided it was a country.

The Bible is a bunch of fables; Veeky Forums told me so.

> I would fucking cut your throat and stand there laughing as you bled out.

Good luck with that, sweetheart. I'm armed and I'm trained. I'll fuck your sucking chest wounds as you lay dying in front of me, and the last thing you will feel is my hot spurting jizz filling your lungs.

I went to a restaurant last week that served a carafe of sambuca. We got pretty shit faced. It was paid for by a DC lobbiest