Let's Cook!: Omurisotto

This recipe was inspired by my love of Japanese and Italian cuisine. I did not get the idea from Shougeki No Soma.

The ingredients are as follows,
- Risotto
>Arborio Rice
>1 Sweet Italian Sausage
>Red onions
>Garlic
>Thyme
>Italian Parsley
>White wine
>Olive Oil
>Butter
>Salt and Pepper
>Water

- Stock:
>Unironically 1 1/2 Knorr Stock Cubes

- Omlette:
- 3 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan
- Dressing (Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar.)

If I'm being honest, Knorr stock cubes are a perfectly legitimate option to cook with.

First we bring our water to a boil and dissolve the Knorr

Now finely dice some red onions, and crush and mince Garlic.

Now we finely chop some Italian Parsley.

Forgot pic

Please go on, OP. I have it bookmarked to surprise my GF with. We both watch shokugeki no soma (s1 & s2) so she would probably love to eat something that is inspired by it.

Be careful not to cut your thumb off.

Now that I've got this shit patched up, it's time to continue.
Be very careful not to get blood in your food.

That's quite a big part that's missing..

Peel the sausage and mince it up like this.

Alright time to cook.
On med-low heat, melt a knob of butter and add olive oil to the ban.

Then cook red onions and garlic until they start becoming translucent

Turn it up to med/med-hi heat.
add your rice, let it gently toast for 1-2 minutes. BE SURE TO KEEP STIRRING.

Pour in white wine until it almost submerges the rice, then stir it until it evaporates.

Nice thread

Get a ladle and add the chicken stock 1-2 spoonfuls at a time, allowing the stock to evaporate into the rice.

Repeat this step several times. Once I add the first ladle of chicken stock I chose to throw in a few sprigs of thyme and to season with salt and pepper.

During the middle of the cooking process add your sausage. (This will be after 10 minutes you started cooking) Risotto usually takes 20 minutes to complete.

KEEP STIRRING

Good idea OP. Watching warmly

The flavor of risotto can be quite intense so this is a little trick I use to help balance the flavor.

Pour some water in (About a ladle full) and let it evaporate as you stir.

Don't worry it won't ruin the flavor.

Remember to taste your rice throughout the process, you want it to be "Al Dente" or firm to the tooth. It should not be hard, but have a slight bite to it. If the rice is soft and mushy you fucked up.

Once the rice is "Al dente" you want to turn off the heat, and while it's still hot add a knob of butter and stir it into the rice.

This helps make the risotto taste richer.

Final step is to add some of your chopped Parsley and stir it into the rice.

Put a lid on the rice and take it off the heat.

OMELETTE TIME
- Beat 3 eggs into a cup

melt a knob of butter and/or oil on the pan.

As the egg starts to cook, season it with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
(In a regular risotto you'd add parmesan cheese with butter after it's finished cooking, but I've decided to add it to our eggs instead)

When it's no longer gooey turn off the heat.
Then add your risotto to the omelette.

Now flip both sides of the omelette Exactly like this.

Then very carefully, put a plate over the top of the pan, and flip the pan over.

Use your hands to push and shape the omelette when it's on the plate.

NOW THIS IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY BUT I CHOSE TO ADD THIS. (Quite frankly it's good, but the omurisotto doesn't need it)

>Drizzle a little Olive oil, and Balsamic Vinegar over the Omelette, and sprinkle over Parsley.

it's getting interesting, tell us more OP please

That is the end of the recipe.
Here's the cross section of the omurisotto, just so you can get an idea of what it looks like.
Tasted delicious btw, and it's good practice on making omelettes.

That's all I really have to say. It's finished now.
Ty
Yeah, it's finally stopped bleeding. I think i won't need stitches. Hopefully it doesn't get infected
This isn't the recipe from the series but it works basically the same. Any kind of risotto will work with this.

Thanks. Will try it tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe. Apply some jodium-based crème on the wound before putting a bandage around it to prevent infection.

I advise you try beating the eggs after you've poured them in the pan too (no only then), your omelette looks a bit gummy
but maybe that's just me being used to different looking omelettes eh
also any reason why you put salt and seasoning when it was half cooked instead of before putting it in the pan?
>oil and vinegar
>not writing something in japanese using ketchup
it still looks p good, but the vinegar...
I'd eat it but I'd eat it more happily without it
and I'd like to see more, we need more cooking on Veeky Forums, please OP
maybe try some different risotto next time, like using radicchio or savory cabbage, or bacon and peas

Jeez dude your thumb... hope you don't die or sth

The vinegar was really just for color in presentation. I thought i'd make it more like omurice. It didn't taste bad though. The vinegar I use is quite sweet so it wasn't overpowering

As for the eggs, I just forgot to season them earlier.
It's okay I have it in a bandaid now, it's stopped bleeding too.

>maybe try some different risotto next time, like using radicchio or savory cabbage, or bacon and peas
I've made some risottos just not full step cooking. For example. This was basically very similar to the risotto I made today, except I just used the 3 eggs as a Carbonara sauce.

Disgusting, just like Okinawan "tacos."

>Risotto inside of an omlette
>disgusting
You're a dumbass.

Nice thread OP. I usually use leftover risotto for an omurice after I saw omurice on a Korean Drama. I'd never heard of it before. I like it best when I've made the risotto with a bit of tomato sauce and then you can forgo the vinegar because it's already a bit acidic. Good stuff you did.

Not OP, but what are you things?