Potatoes

I'm trying to figure out a way to put potatoes back into my diet (since I typically go to bed feeling not full). What is a good way to cook potatoes to be in a low calorie diet and still be delicious?

Other urls found in this thread:

bettycrocker.com/recipes/cheesy-bacon-potato-skins/17a87a68-515f-4b7d-999a-b0be4e240020
thespruce.com/polish-potato-pie-recipe-baba-kartoflana-1137448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bettycrocker.com/recipes/cheesy-bacon-potato-skins/17a87a68-515f-4b7d-999a-b0be4e240020

cut in half. pressure cook in steamer basket for a little while = perfectly creamy potatoes.

The lowest calorie way is boiling them. I personally enjoy boiling them and eating them like an apple.

You can't really make them low Cal you just need to eat less of them.

>Cheesy Bacon potato skins
I hate you so much right now. My body craves these more than anything.

>Well we can't make them low cal

Back to eating apples, fruits and nuts then. I'll be back to eating potatoes in about a year or so when I lose the weight.

>fruits
not always low calorie
>nuts
never low calorie

u dun goofed

Potatoes are generally in the same calorie range as fruit. And nuts are pretty calorie dense.

A whole fucking pound of potato is under 500 calories, just bake or boil them.

I cut them into thin slices (think potato chips without slices) and lightly fry in a skillet. Just a little avocado or olive oil and some herbs and spices -- salt, pepper, dill, rosemary, thyme, etc. Simple to make and pretty tasty.

eat beans instead

>potatoes
dont understand why anybody likes these, makes ur face feel all puffy and tingly and hard to breathe, also like someone stabbed u in the gut

user...

Stop forcing this meme.

u need to eat greens if you want low cal

Chean the potato (small -medium). Stab it a couple times with a fork. Rub the skin with some olive oil, black pepper, salt and provensal herbs.

5 minutes in the microwave, flip it, 3 minutes more.

Cut it in half and sprinkle the inside with more salt-pepper-herbs.

A small spoon of Philadelfia Light in the inside.

Super fast, mess-free, filling and low cal. I do it a lot when I'm back from College really late. And using the microwave crisps the skin and cooks the inside really fast and wihout the need of using the oven.

>Chean

stopped reading there

I meant to write clean. Swapping a letter by error is not a crime.

When eaten cold, part of the startch is no more digestible by you and ends up feeding your gut flora.

Potatoes will help you lose weight if you don't overload them with crap. They're extremely filling for the amount of calories they provide.

potatoes are low calories, it is oil\fat that you use to fry them that is high calories.
Just bake in oven without any additional fat, or slice them thin add spices make crisp[y potato chips out of them. Whatever you do do not add oil or fat.

there is also "polish potato pie" thingy.
thespruce.com/polish-potato-pie-recipe-baba-kartoflana-1137448
you can skip adding bacon. Its delicious and less calories than fried potatoes.

What's wrong with going to bed feeling "not full"? You sound like a fat bitch. Drink more water.

you shouldn't be going to bed "full" dumbass. get used to the feeling of not being "full". kys you dumb fatass

>dice into 1 inch cubes
>boil in salted water until just tender like you would for a potato salad
>Salt, pepper, parsley, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, more parsley (play around with the ratios to taste but parsley should be the main flavor)
>Toss gently with seasoning, be careful not to break the potato up too much
>Serve hot

For even tastier potatoes toss with melted butter before seasoning. No longer as healthy but you can bring this to a BBQ instead of regular potato salad.