Phillips cheese steaks are the Metallica of sandwiches

Yeah, they're good, but people make them out to be the end-all be-all of sandwiches. Be imaginative, for fucks sake.

Post your sandwiches here, anons.

Cubans are god-tier.

>Phillips cheese steaks are the Metallica of sandwiches
so, they once where good and have turned to shit these days?

> (OP)
>Cubans are god-tier.
Got any pictures/recipes?

I've never had a philly cheese steak I actually enjoyed. The bread/meat texture just doesn't work for me. Idk.

A really good tuna salad melt with Swiss cheese on moderately crusty, flaky bread has most recently been my favorite

Basically. I'd rather get a frozen one than get any of that in town Philly Cheeze Wiz shit they sell now. It used to be top shelf street food but the dream is gone.

What junior high kids are you hanging out with that think Metallica is the be all end all of anything?

I got you famalam. Here's the establishment.

This is the good shit.

Here's the Cuban, which you can also get with fried plantains. It's bigger than it looks. My NY buddies couldn't stop eating it.

never been to america. but that was sometihng on my to eat list when i get there. i guess the dream is gone. except for the hipster fuckery stands who think they can make it like it was. and i am not going to give that a try because fuck food 'culture' these days

Unless you find yourself IN PHILLY for whatever reason, it really shouldn't be a bucket list item.

Looks like a pretty good sandwich. Would eat.

meh. times have changed. but thanks for the advice. i probably never have the chance to visit anyway so no loss at all...just a dream that died

A po-boy done like this is GOAT-tier.

Torta Ahogada

>Phillips cheese steake

?

get that bullshit out of here you cunt.
THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF A SANDWICH I CAN'T EVEN PICK UP AND EAT WITH MY HANDS?

Jesus that looks amazing. I bet those textures are so nice.

What is a napkin? How can I eat without touching food?

Do you eat ribs with a fork too?

Fag detected.
It's fucking drenched in sauce like a wet burrito you cunt.
It's basically pointless now.

Yes.

>Phillips cheese steaks
Never heard if it

Not really. The roll is a very hard salty sourdough type roll that stands up well to the sauce. In fact it is customary to let the sandwich sit a couple of minutes to allow the roll to soften enough to consume.

K fags explain. What is the appeal of this?
Literally why not just fucking have meat and vegetables doused in sauce and bread on the side?
Oh i see, it's one of those you cant eat it without making a total fucking mess sandwiches.

The appeal is that it all the ingredients works well together.

The same criticism you level at this sand with can be said about every single sandwich.

Why make a po boy? Just have a salad with some shrimp and some bread on the side.

>The same criticism you level at this sand with can be said about every single sandwich.
Being that fucking dumb.
One of the most appealing parts about a sandwich is that you can eat it with your hands without making a complete mess.

That sandwich is doused in liquid, you twat! I cant hold it without getting my palms sticky.
>I can eat pic related while in a car.
Most sandwiches aren't that fucking messy.

My statement stands.
Also that shit would be much better in a hotdog bun. Much less messier too.

what is that and where can i get one? that looks delicious

>Make sandwich
>Slather it in sauce so you have to eat it with utensils
Why the fuck make it a sandwich at that point

>that faggy looking skeleton with his fatass date
wow so the memes have started writing themselves in 2017?

Conejo Valley Catering company.
That's a blackened shrimp po-boy and I've tried other po boys but none have come close to that places.

That's generally just the current dating market now. Past the age of 24 if you're not already super-ripped chad fucking bikini models then you get to pick from talking spheres with strange hair colors

Nice

The best Cuban was always at the Silver Ring Cafe in Ybor City, Tampa. They closed in the 2000s when Ybor became the nightlife hotspot and couldn't afford the rent (it was a dive level sandwich shop and they liked it that way). They reopened somewhere further south and have a newer place. I don't know if they are as good as they used to be as I haven't eaten in the new place.

Here is a recipe:
Cuban bread (almost impossible to find the right stuff outside of Tampa)
Mustard
Roast Pork (the trick is the marinade it in sour orange juice, garlic, and oregano before roasting it)
Honey Ham
Salami (influence from the large Italian community in Tampa back in the day)
Swiss cheese
Dill Pickle

Assemble and cook in a sandwich press.

Shit meat in a shit mess, but I'd be lying if I said I did not want to eat it every day.

>The bread/meat texture just doesn't work for me.

You have to have the right bread. A proper Amaroso roll is great. Using some generic "hoagie" roll doesn't work nearly as well. They should also be completely stuffed with meat, onions, and cheese. They shouldn't be served with fries because it should be stuffed so much that you are too full to eat fries.

No one cares about your shitty city. I'm sorry you don't get to be the capital of the country anymore let alone your own state, but please stop compensating by shoving your shitty meat and cheese sandwiches down the rest of our throats. Also the eagles suck.

it looks so gross. the meat looks like fucking wet brown paper towels.

Is that supposed to be an Italian Beef (aka the only actual culinary addition Chicago has made)? Why the hell is it dry? It should have been soaked in jus. That is also some shit tier looking veg. It could still taste good though.

Nothing so satisfying as a wafflewich.

that looks stupid

Ramen sandwich. All you need is some ramen, pre-sliced white bread, and ketchup.

Hey. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds tasty.

Whats the Motley Crue of sandwiches?

What the fuck

too much bread/delusion

>pic related

this is why i entered this thread. timestamp then vocaroo you eating it sloppily..

wtf happened to the bread? There is an inch missing on the top part but it's not attached to the bottom part. Where did it go? The cuts don't line up. Did someone cut a piece of the bread off and eat it before serving it? Looks good though.

>ctrl+F "reuben"
>0 results
I didn't realize that it was so common to be born without taste buds. My condolences.

I like them but most places just aren't good at them unless you go to famous places known just for them. I had an imitation one in Ohio one time and it had probably a pound of meat but the meat was so salty I couldn't even eat it at all after the first couple bites. Salty enough to burn my mouth type feeling. Now I'm in South Carolina and afraid to even try anything with the name.

I like 'em. No TOO much meat though. Get some pastrami to go from the counter if you want to make a sandwich at home.

that's actually the perfect amount. The fact theres toothpicks in the sandwich is a sign that it doesn't close because there is so much meat.

These are fucking good

This is just s pastrami sandwich. The Reuben requires corned beef and sauerkraut.

I dont even like seafood but I would eat that

lol is this a joke

For me, it's the banh mi.