Vegan Recipes/Products

Post your favorite vegan recipes/products here.

www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals

Me: Today I had a Smart Dog in a bun topped with Hormel vegetarian chili. Not gonna say it's the best thing I ever ate, but it was satisfying. Reminded me of Wienerschnitzel, except less skimpy. Same quality. On the side I had seasoned curly fries. Then I had some strawberries with coconut whipped cream, which is always good.

Pic shown: My favorite vegan chef.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91ZGZI0ylwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, and apple sauce makes a great egg replacer for cakes. So does baking soda and vinegar. If you want a super easy, low calorie one pan no dishes cake, you can use one cake of soda + 1 box of cake mix, mix it up in the pan, pop it in the oven, and that's it. It makes a very light, fluffy cake that pairs well with strawberries and coconut whipped cream.

Went to a sports bar today with some bros. Ordered a three sides of broccoli with no butter. Triggered everyone at the table and the waitress so fucking hard.

This is the life I want to live.

Nice.

one time after drinking heavily at a house party we all went to a breakfast joint and instead of a proper meal I ordered six sides of bacon
the waitress looked at me like I was crazy and asked me if I was being serious

Enjoy your seconds.

Bitch has huge hands >> trap

I don't think so.

No way!

Smart Dog. Nice name.

I just ate some Rising Moon Organics spinach florentine ravioli coated in a little Earth Balance and it was delicious.

I went to a sports bar and ordered Gardein buffalo wings. I didn't have to pretend to be satisfied by dry salad, nobody was triggered, and I didn't have to lie to anyone when I said the faux wings were delicious. The life you want to live is too full of spite and disappointment for my taste.

Ugh I wish sports bars near here sold Gardein buffalo wings.

I tend not to be as fond of dishes based on vegan substitutes for animal products. I generally go for stuff that's vegan by nature of the dish. Today for lunch I had lentil soup with ramps, Swiss chard and some pasta in it. It wasn't very pretty (so no pic), but it was fucking delicious.

What kind of seasoning do you use?

I'm going to try to start eating healthier vegan food and want more ideas.

Just ate some unsalted corn tortilla chips with homemade guacamole and vegetarian refried beans.

For dinner I plan on making this, but don't want to eat it all by myself and wish I had someone to share it with. Oh well.
youtube.com/watch?v=91ZGZI0ylwE

based

Whole foods are much more filling and nutritious. It feels like the vegans who are always on the hunt for meat substitutes end up failing.

Can anyone recommend me a good plant based yogurt? The only thing stopping me from going vegan is siggi's skyr/yogurt, I need something that isn't sweet but still has that protein content and nice flavor

I made a seitan steak using an experimental recipe

Texture of the middle

I'm cooking up some lentils du puy right now, I'm gonna them with sautéd tomatoes and red onions, and then dress them with a dressing made from lemon juice and tahini.

Looks good! How'd you make it?

Dry ingredients were: vital wheat gluten (about 2 cups), 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, about 2 tbsp active dry yeast

Wet ingredients: blended water, 1 tbsp just mayo, about 2 tbsp tomato paste, a good shake of dried rosemary, about 2 tsp miso paste, and some chinese black bean and garlic sauce

Mixed wet into dry, kneaded briefly, and allowed to rise until doubled. Pounded down, stretched/ripped apart, and reformed, then let rise a second time.

After second time, I more gently pressed and kneaded it into a loaf, then pan-fried in oil until a crust had formed.

I then wrapped in cheese-cloth and pressure cooked in water/soy sauce for 50 minutes, depressuring halfway to flip it.

Let it rest overnight in some of the cooking liquid, then sliced and fried over medium-low heat the next evening.

Nice, thank you so much! I've been wanting to try making seitan — I don't have a pressure cooker, but I'm sure I could adapt this pretty easily.

Seitan isn't too hard. Get "Seitan and Beyond" by Skye Michael Conroy. It has very scientifically-tested recipes that, if you follow them exactly, are super reliable. The first time I made *good* seitan it was following this book.

Awesome, I'll check it out.

>What kind of seasoning do you use?
Bay leaf, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon to finish.
>vegans who are always on the hunt for meat substitutes end up failing.
That's because there is no substitute for meat. That's why I eat like I'm vegan 85-95% of the time, but can't make it my religion. Almond and coconut milk are great. Field Roast sausages are very good. But there's really no substitute for meat in a traditionally meat based meal. If that's what you're craving nothing else will really scratch that itch. Better to just do less harm than drive yourself crazy trying to do none.

Have you really never tried Gardein or Boca?

>Boca?
I've had a Boca burger. Like most veggie burgers it sucked compared to an actual buger. Would much rather have a falafel, which is great without having to compare it to anything else.

Sure you did

Ugh, the Boca vegan patties aren't a prime example of a vegan burger. I was really talking about their vegan chick'n and their beefless crumbles. Honestly I prefer it to real meat. Texture is much more pleasant and you never get nasty bits mixed in.

The plain Boca patty is bland, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes I like bland, sometimes bland is great for adding your own flavoring and using in recipes. And that's why I love to use Boca original vegan patties for my home made meatless meatballs (using liquid smoke, pepper, garlic, carrots, etc.) which are the fucking best btw. And they're also good when you just want a simple sandwich, maybe topped with grilled onions and vegan mayo, some alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, and tomato. It's perfect because the flavor isn't too overpowering and you can really appreciate all the flavors combined.

Also fuck falafel. It's so dry. Even when it's not dry it somehow tastes dry. I don't understand why people eat it. Unless maybe every falafel experience I've had was a bad example. But I don't think that's the case because I ate at restaurants.

Why does meat have to be so unhealthy? :(

vegans are gay and dumb

ugh can you guys fucking go somewhere else, your threads are depressing.

So are jack threads

>I was really talking about their vegan chick'n
Why the fuck would antone need a vegan alternative to chicken. Chicken these days is no better than tofu.
>Also fuck falafel. It's so dry. Even when it's not dry it somehow tastes dry.
I'd take falafel over chicken in most situations, Unless yu're talking good roast chicken it's a bullshit protien.

>fuck falafel
Did you ever have it served with a dressing, maybe tahini sauce? Usually that keeps it from being too dry. Also, it can vary drastically in quality depending on ingredients and how its prepared.

On a separate note, I've made really good fake scrambled eggs out of crumbled tofu in a non stick pan, no oil, enough nutritional yeast to lightly cover, a few dashes of turmeric for color. cook it until the consistency you want. remove from heat and add black salt, sprinkle it over the top and add some black pepper. adjust any of this stuff to your liking, it isnt that complicated. whole thing only takes about 5 minutes. it turns out looking exactly like scrambled eggs and tasting pretty similar to them

the black salt is the key ingredient here, i found it at an indian grocery, but you could order online if you really wanted i guess. its very cheap. adding it at the end is important. it has a sulfurous odor that is what really makes it seem like eating an egg. this flavor dulls a lot if exposed to too much heat, ive found. it's also salty, as the name implies, so no need for regular salt in the recipe.

I have.

And your tofu scrambled eggs sound really good. One of these days I want to try black salt. Just never actually liked eggs so I haven't been tempted.

I never enjoyed mayonnaise that much, or missed not having it, but after a few years I found a vegan version and was hooked. Absence can do weird stuff with my appetite I guess

>vegan chick'n
That's one meat I don't miss. Couldn't give a fuck about chicken.
>Also fuck falafel. It's so dry
You're not getting good falafel, or being too stingy with the tahini sauce.

Just made some key lime cookies (Pillsbury) using Earth Balance and a little bit of banana to replace the egg. Super sweet but I blame Pillsbury for that, not the banana. But good. Banana adds a nice subtle flavor to it as well.

Update: after eating a few (they're small), I'm now disgusted by them. The banana and Earth Balance are great replacements for baking, but the Pillsbury key lime cookie mix is garbage. I feel like vomiting now.