What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on Noma?

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on Noma?

Apparently it was the best restaurant in the entire world.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqDaZsgR5zg

The dishes look simple but somehow still very appetizing

youtube.com/watch?v=FjN546QGSMA

Pretentious bullshit

ten bucks says you don't have the balls to google image search 'noma'

Pretentious food eaten by Nouveau riche dickheads so they can brag about it to their friends and feel superior to people who don't go and blow all their money on pretentious food

t.nouveau riche dickhead

I'd rather be nouveau riche than old poor

I'd rather save my money and cook myself a nice meal or even buy fucking fast food than blow it on shitty overpriced food prepared by a Danish faggot.

That's your right by law.

>le salt meme XD

What's it like being 12?

It should be illegal to open restaurants or serve food like Noma

It was better than being 33 :(

>stop liking what I yada yada

>find old carrot in the yard
>charge someone a lot of money to eat it

>make retards cook their own eggs
>with potato chips

this man is a genius

I feel even worse for you if you're 33 and still post memes suited for edgy teenagers on a Taiwanese claymation forum.

>he thinks you're here forever is a meme

>Seasonally, go into the woods and gather freshly fallen twigs. Find corpses where maggots are active. Anesthitize maggots and line up on twig. Serve maggot laden twig on a bed of tree moss topped with a single lingonberry as the second appetizer. Simply art, not to mention "haute cuisine."

I went there once; it was the greatest culinary experience of my life.

>its amazing how many people haven't cracked an egg before

oh, the extremely wealthy are the only people that would go to this place.. i'm not surprised at all buddy

How much are they charging for an egg?

>Then the customer is just instructed to cook the dish themselves
....what

Do they have the McChicken on the menu? No? Then they are not the best resturant in the world.

it's like 12 or so courses and the entire meal lasts 3 hours or some shit

nothing bad about it in all honesty, this guy is extremely talented at PR and makes great food, for a price that isnt higher than at any other 3 star establishment, you could even call the price moderate for scandinavia

they just want the customes to experience cracking an egg

Noma are opening a new restaurant two minutes from where I work.

got me good

>put rocks and moss on a tile
>call it high cuisine

>What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on Noma?

Noma is representative of everything wrong with fine dining today.

It's no longer about the taste of the food. It's all about the chef masturbating all over a willing audience.

None of the people who eat at Noma have the balls to tell the chefs when something fucking sucks.

They just all pretend like it's the most amazaing thing in the world (to their sophisticated pallets) because they think disagreeing would make them look like plebs.

I would just love for one single fucking patron to tell Redzepi his dishes are full of shit and nowhere as good as he thinks they are.

dining at one of these places is a 5 hour exercise in conformity and brainwashing.

I think the problem is that they called Noma the "Best restaurant". Which is impossible because in order for someone to have a credible opinion about that, that person should have dined in every restaurant in the world and objectively compare all the dishes. Which is pretty much impossible. There's no such thing as a best restaurant.

The thing I like about Noma is how honest the chefs are. They tell you what the ingredients, where they get it, how they prepare, why they prepare it that way. I mean yeah a lot of it looks gimmicky, but it's really some caveman shit in which the guys just go out into the beaches and forests, grab random shit and try to make something out of them. Even though none of us have eaten there, I doubt the food is bad.

The dishes are really simple (carrot in camomile/eggs and potato chip) unlike the overly complex masturbatory shit you're talking about. It's just them relying on the quality of ingredients more than anything.

>even though none of us have eaten there

I have

Speak for yourself fuckin homeless bum i've posted pics from the last time I went to Noma

proof or it didnt happen

Your mother should've aborted you

yep. Didn't happen. As I thought

>carrot in camomile/eggs and potato chip

And see, that's why it's garbage. If a Veeky Forums user posted that dish, there would be 300 posts screaming about a troll faggot just posting gore. No, it's overpriced garbage to cater to the "tastes" of the nouveau riche whose primary impetus is to see celebrities and maybe be noticed themselves and relish the thought they're slurping from a fork the latest reality star might once have touched.

>le Mongolian rug-weaving forum meme
You're just as bad you fucking faggot.

The only people who mock 3-star food kino are poorfags who won't ever be able to afford to eat it.

Why would I eat at a pretentious shithole like Nome instead of a high end steak house?

Because it's a one off unique experience. Even richfags like me don't eat 3-star every night. It's a once in a while treat. 1 and 2 star are fine for regular meals.

If you go to 1000 restaurants in your life and say Noma is the best Im probably going to believe you despite not visiting the P.F. Chang's in Winter Park

>old poor
Old poor is the truly wealthy. You classless faggots could be given all the money in the world and still be garbage at the end of the day.

Hahaha what the fuck dude

>le faggot meme
you re just as bad you fucking autist.

You're paying for a dish that has integrity of ingredients. Rene picks and pairs things nobody else in the world can or could. He has a masterful palette and incredible creativity. I don't love "make it yourself" dishes, but the idea is engagement with the food and changes the pace of the meal to create a more interesting overall experience. Those of you who are complaining about portion size are likely from America (I'm Canadian, our food mentality is very similar) where flavour and creativity are generally not regarded as highly as amount on the plate. This is a cultural sense of value and is irrelevant in a restaurant where you pay for good food not massive portions.

wut