Is Chicken the Future of Meat?

>low-tech
>feed conversion ratio comparable to crickets
>have various reliable cooking methods
>eaten regardless of culture
>not a fad
I can't see why it wouldn't be the meat of the future!

It already is, friend

No, soy is.

Are you blind? The future of meat is obviously grasshoppers.

It has been for some time now.
Start comparing prices, poultry is almost always the cheapest meat you can buy.

Sirloin steaks are getting up to second place lately. Steaks have never been so cheap in my life while everything else is under pretend inflation price increases.

it also is way tinier, as in you need hundreds of chickens to equal the same amount of meat as one singe cow, costing much more water and grain as your picture shows
it is good tho

I feel you might be misreading that picture. It's showing the feed ratio, so the amount of feed required to get 1kg in the case of that picture

I do hope so, because it is also the most delicious.

Not true. You need a LOT less grain and water per pound of chicken than per pound of cow or pig. His graphic is correct.

All I want is a fucking yard to have chickens on so I can eat a ton of eggs until I die

Before you buy your postage stamp of grass, make sure the HOA nazis don't forbid chickens or gardens.

>great lakes have 20% of the entire world's fresh water
>flyovers grow more wheat and corn than we can possibly eat
explain why I should give a fuck about any of this

chickens are dinosaurs.

Chickens, rodents and bugs. Probably Krill too.

Big mammals are not sustainable on the long run. besides beef and pork are mostly overprocessed shit these days.

This. Chicken is the past of meat.

>leftists want us all to eat fucking bugs for protein like some dystopia
Over my dead body

Beef until I die

>home is too small to be zoned as a farm
>chickens are disallowed

REEEEE

Looking at current consumption of meat in the US I would say chicken is very much the present of meat.

Because it's not meat.
Yeah it is protein, so is cum.

That's because you probably won't have to worry about it before you die.

That's cool tough, just leave another mess for our future generations to deal with. Fuck em, right?

You have to admit that eating bugs like some reptile is pretty messed up

>like some fucking reptile

I'll take reptiles anyday over humans; reptiles don't have ulterior motives and aren't cruel.

Once aquaponics catches on, fish will be the protein of choice. This is because they are cold blooded, and thus store most of the energy they eat as body mass.

Yeah, not sure why I should eat bugs for the sake of someone's wife's son.

Beef > pork >dark chicken>light meat. Most of the time I rather fish then chicken

You can get quail most likely that's what I do they don't make much noise and you can keep them in cages

jesus christ cows, get your shit together

They're so cute

How about we just exterminate the subhumans and use their land for grazing?

I got a crazy idea:
stop sending food to Africa

It's not solving any problems.
They used to die from overpopulation. Now we feed them, so they just keep reproducing.

Its gotten to the point where we can't logistically get food to them fast enough to feed their population.

They need to starve or start farming for themselves.

brb, im makin steak tonight

beef is really tasty though

also, a friendly reminder that Veeky Forums mods are faggots

like the metric ton of debt you keep growing?

go live with them in the pond then, you wont be missed here

>thinks reptiles are amphibians

Were you home schooled by evangelical parents?

how do I eat good cheap beef
It's all so expensive

>how do I eat good cheap beef
Raise a cow or barring that find a local farmer to raise one for you and process it. Even then it isn't going to be exactly cheap but the quality will be better than what you normally get, plus you get the added bonus of knowing that your ground beef was just from a single cow vs commercial beef that might have the meat of dozens of cattle.

Good goy. Leave the meat for the people that matter.

There will be 25% less white people in the future, so, whatever. Maybe the babyboomers knew this.

From that pic I would say we're already in the future of meat with delicious cheap chicken available

if you only have hens it isnt as much of a problem. I live in the suburbs and have 22 chickens. We dont have a HOA though, fuck HOAs its my property and this is murica I will do what I want.

And the tastiest!

Their shit is rancid and hurts the fuck out of the environment. I think something to do with having zero nutrients in it and high in some gas, I don't remember. Chicken coops reek though.

Do you appreciate how many people you'd be damning if you did this? Not saying you're wrong but maybe 1/1000 Africans have the foresight needed to understand how dire their food situation is, and most of that 1/1000 ends up being killed by the IMF before they turn 40 for trying to explain the problem to everyone else.

He was homeschooled by Sunnis

I see what you did there, clever.

It's high in uric acid, which is like a more dense form of urine (most tetrapods) or ammonia (fish and amphibians). Only birds can synthesize uric acid iirc. It allows them to conserve water better, but it's also a pretty harsh chemical.

Obviously they don't give a fuck about carrying capacity, else the fertility rate wouldn't be 7 heads per woman or whatever the fuck it is. They need more condoms, not more food.

i was raped by my gym teacher in public school

Leftists advocate veganism, retard. Bugs are not for eating

>leftists advocate veganism

Lol, I know you're a confused cuckservative, but no they don't, retard. Some liberals do. Liberal =/= leftist.

You're right. Liberal = stupid

>fuck em, right?
pretty much