What diet makes you FEEL the best?

What diet makes you FEEL the best?

I dont really need to lose weight much or something, but i always feel tired, depressed and have no energy for anything, just waking up from a 8+ hours sleep, for example.
Im almost sure that a big reason is that i mainly eat shitty food most of the time.
So, what diet in general makes you feel better, healthier, more energetic, etc.
Like, for example, i know stuff like keto will help you lose shitloads of weight but it makes you feel like utter shit 24/7.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MumtgUt-PFs
youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For some people, OP, losing weight and getting pounds off the joints, back, and daily wear and tear on the feet is paramount. For other people, a 10% loss can mean lowering blood pressure while gives better sleep and stress reduction and that'll be what it takes. Keto is a way to lose weight with less deprivation. There is an ability to watch your ketosis and overindulge a bit in fat and protein. Deprivation is the diet cheater, and keto can end that.
But, is it healthy? You need carbs. They are in fact feel good chemicals, contribute energy to your muscles (why the long distance runner will carb load the night before a race).

So...figure out your issues and work towards goal weight. Getting some exercise is good for you.to lower your resting heart rate and boost your metabolism and energy, but you can lose weight with only calorie reduction too. Heck you can feel better just getting yourself properly hydrated all the time. Even adding 2-3 glasses of missing water per day can be all it takes. Try common sense diet advice before you start eliminating whole food groups from your life. That's what I'd do. Also, have a regular sleep schedule, no flip flopping your bedtimes on weekdays vs weekends. It can kill your whole week's energy if you do the Saturday late night every week.

Fresh tuna and rice. 3 months of that and then a fuck tonne of fruit and veg for weeks.

Rinse and repeat.

High fruit, High Vegetable, Low meat, Fish is ok just have to keep mercury levels in mind, Rice and beans, oatmeal, and lentils for complex carbohydrates.

abstain from fat
eat lots of bread and bean dishes and non fat dairy
veggies are good, occasional lean meat ok.
don't snack, 2 meals a day. avoid pasta and rice, sugar, fruit and fruit juice.

you'll lose a whole lot of weight, and when you're thin, you'll be able to cheat and still be fine, but still, it's best to always stay away from cheese, nuts, ice cream, chips, and fried food, eggs, cakes, cookies, butter, sauces, mayo, fatty salad dressing, fatty meats, red meat, sugary cereal, chocolate, fatty dairy, soda, etc.

>But, is it healthy?
yes
>You need carbs.
no
>why the long distance runner will carb load the night before a race
long distance runners are starting to switch to keto and performing better for it

You should stop posting.

Basically this except I'm too lazy to cook lentils and I eat a quarter loaf really good bread every week. I feel a lot worse when I don't eat at least one vit C high fruit every day.

this diet actually works. unlike your keto and fat loving retard diets.

I call this the "Hendersonville, NC Diet"

>lots of fried chicken
>the occasional deep fried cookie dough log
>grilled ribeyes
>pulled pork w/ carolina sauce
>lots of very hot peppers
>occasional soda. usually mtn dew or RC Cola
>lots of la croix
>boiled peanuts (cajun style)
>iced black coffee
>sweet tea is a staple
>bacon fat in coffee sometimes
>bacon fat in grits
>bacon fat on steak
>bacon fat on a grilled charlie
>apples, prepared every way imaginable
>daily grilled charlie
>sweet potatoes

Been eating this way all my life. I work out, too. 6'2" at 145 lbs

No what you wrote is contradictory and plain retarded. Consider making /pol/ and /s4s/ your main boards.

Nice bait.

Must drink coffee twice a day as well. coffee really helps with energy levels.

NOT vegetarian.

He's not baiting, that's a 100% legit N.C. diet. Add seafood and remove apples if you live closer to the coast, and vice versa for those closer to the mountains. It's a wonder we're not the fattest state in the union.

>take some pork
>put some sugar on it
>nort carolinedurr

Well in a thread about health diets that is as bait as it gets. Might as well incluse the Ekimo diet and the original Atkins diet.

cocks

I find a mostly plant based diet makes my digestion work the best, and keeps me from feeling hungry between meals. But I'm always extra horny the day after eating a big meat meal, so I would never cut out meat entirely. I like being extra horny, too.

cook most of your meals, add more fruits and vegetables, make sure to spend at least one hour every day outside

I'm just picturing a track runner doing shots of olive oil before a run.

Intermittent fasting combined with occasional water fasting.

If you're really depressed though you'll probably cheat on every diet unless you want to make an actual change. Keto is impossible if you cheat.

Sometimes I like to channel my depression into shame at eating outside my window (or inside if I'm fasting) which in turn makes me feel better skipping a meal. Yeah, it's bordering on an eating disorder but I'm feeling pretty good overall.

>Intermittent fasting combined with occasional water fasting.

i'm starting to think that this plus a generally low-carb diet (not quite keto) is the way to go.

eating real food only, of course.

>keto doesnt work

the city of Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=MumtgUt-PFs

O fuck, I've been eating fake food my entire life
Damn, why didn't I think to check? I'll get all my food certified for authenticity from now on.

its all psychological, that's the first and only thing to remember.

this is not a test of anything but will.

if you want to do something drastic with your diet, you really decide whether it's going to be a horrible long arduous slog or whether you're going to look at it like a challenge and find humour and fun in it.

anyway right now i'm doing a protein sparing modified fast

so i eat vitamins, drink a 150g protein shake with a banana and a little bit of milk, then i drink a few litres of water, and thats it.

i have fuckall energy and i cant sleep properly and my joints hurt and its shit... but fuck it you know? being fat fucking sucks. i hate going outside now that im fat. i used to be a chad and fuck hot girls. so im gonna endure this and keep jumping back on the wagon if i fall off.

i've got uni holidays coming up in a few weeks that gives me 6 weeks to sit on my ass and do nothing but starve myself. by the end of my holidays i should be leaving my cocoon in much better shape than i entered it. maybe i'll start enjoying going outside and being seen again, and fuck hot girls, i hope. being fat is no way to live.

thanks for that vid

Idiot.

>its all psychological, that's the first and only thing to remember.

actually it's not. with your 700 calorie diet, you're lowering your metabolism and when you start eating more you'll put on a bunch of fat back on.

what does my metabolism have to do with psychology?

nevertheless with my bodyfat my metabolism is not going to slow down for some time yet

>it's all psychological

Wow, incorrect right outta the gate. While it may be """psychological""" to some small degree (like portion control maybe), i know i feel massively better throughout the day if i have a salad (w/legumes, nuts, turkey/chicken/ham/or eggs) as opposed to a fat, greasy burger with fries for lunch.

The 80s called. They want their nutrition advice back.

It sounds like Iron deficiency and or Vitamin D deficiency.

Maybe your faggot ass has sleep apena, ever think about that you fat sack of shit?

Food, not too much, mostly plants.

Stop eating junk food, don't drink too much alcohol.

>nc
>union

Most of what's in the supermarket easily qualifies as fake food. Same goes for almost all fast/convenience food. Chances are you have been eating fake food all of your life.

Complex carbs are a total meme, if you arent an endurance athlete you dont need a carb based diet. Grains give me acid reflux for some reason so my only complex carb source is beans and i dont eat them everyday. My diet is meats veggies and booze (ethanol is like carbs but better) and i feel great.

It's most likely a sleep issue.

8 hours might not be long enough for you or your sleep may be generally low quality.
Some things you can try to get better sleep

Eat a large fiber filled meal/snack just before bed.
Don't drink anything 1-2 hours before bed.
Get a bed time.
Buy some blackout curtains. Try and have your sleeping environment be as dark and quiet as possible.
Turn off phones, electronics, and all other distractions before bed.
See a doctor if you can afford it. If you can't get a good nights sleep no matter what you may have a medical condition like sleep apnea.
Invest

>large fiber filled meal before bed
Unless you sleep standing up youre gonna get some acid reflux bud

>ethanol is like carbs but better
I always wonder if people like these are serious. Nobody can be that retarded but this board is not even worth shitposting in.

>fibre
>acid reflux
Same retard?

A liter og vodka a day

The fiber wasnt really relevant i was pointing out that for most people eating a large meal and then laying down will cause acid reflux

Well yeah that is a valid point. Fibre itself has pretty much nothing to do with it, there isn't really a way to consume it in amounts where it actually mattered.

I've never had heartburn so I didn't think of it. Being full makes you sleepy though and going to bed hungry is terrible for a good nights sleep. If you have acid reflux at least make sure you aren't hungry I guess. Fiber rich foods should still be good for this as they are slower to digest and should keep you satiated longer into your sleep cycle.

The internet is FULL of ways to lose weight and eat healthy but what if you want to eat healthy and gain ot maintain your weight? Im 6'0 140 pounds and think i could stand to gain a fee pounds without eating crap

Just eat a little more than you're used to. Make slightly bigger portions, buy snacks you wouldn't eat otherwise.

Its hard to find healthy high cal snacks tho

Get snacks that aren't that high cal then. Maybe raisins work will for you, I personally love hazelnuts/almonds (though they're super dense), your favorite jam or whatever you can think of. Just don't dring soda.

Nuts & nut butters
Dried fruit
Meal replacement bars/shakes, Protein bars.

Vegetables with eggs and cheese, once a day. This is the only meal. A pound, or two, of veggies, 3 eggs, some cheese. As a snack, cheese or a slice of deli meat. Cheat once a week, for a day, and eat anything you want. Also, plenty of water and beer.

I lost 80 pounds, this way.

Eat normal healthy food on a regular schedule.
Eat porridge in the morning with fresh nuts/berries
Eat a subway for lunch
Drink a milkshake to keep the hunger away
Eat a meal with the right portions of carbs/meat/salad

If you dont fuck it up by eating 10 snacks a day or have some extreme irregularity in your eating you're going to stay healthy, feel full and lose weight.
Dieiting in a specific manner is a scam to draw money from suckers.

>Eat a subway for lunch

You done fucked up. Both grammatically and food-quality wise.

Plant based diet very limited amount of processed shit.

Fruitarian

The 90s called. They want their joke back.

>and beer

try cardio hunnie

Give the fuck up on the protein sparing shit. You're FAT. You can lose a little lean goddamn mass. JUST WATER FAST.

The modern obsession with not losing a GRAM of lean mass EVER is ridiculous. You're setting yourself up to have flappy ass skin because of your 'hurr can't lose an ounce of muscle' shakes

fucking idiots with no critical thought

eat dick

150g of protein is so insignificant

losing LBN for no reason? sounds like a good goy decision by a retard

>in a thread about health diets
reread the OP

are u tryin to get people killed

Litre of Vodka Every Day...

LOVED is going to make GOMAD look like shit. I may shitpost on Veeky Forums with this.

Try upping your omega6:omega3 ratio to about 2:1.

>So, what diet in general makes you feel better, healthier, more energetic, etc.
I mean health and feeling better are pretty synonymous, at least if you're also thinking about longevity.

I've read about that too but it's near impossible if you don't give up on meat/dairy/oils. Even walnuts, which are often cited as an excellent source of omega-3s, are around 4:1. I mean you could binge on chia seeds to get that ratio but that's pretty unrealistic. As long as you keep a good diet focused on plants you will be fine.

A fatty doesn't need fat in their diet. Their body is covered in a thick layer of fat. When the fatty becomes a skinny, then they can eat more fat, if they feel like it. This is a dieting thread. god damn.

ecksdee

you're fucking stupid, my man

The omega-6 thing is pseudoscience that is promoted almost exclusively by one single person who built her entire career on it. The omega-6 thing is also a favorite among meat and dairy industry shills because if you eat mostly whole food plant fats from nuts and seeds it will be inevitable that you consume a lot of omega-6 whereas animal products contain almost none.

Exercise in the morning

Heavy metal poisoning to feel good, gr8 advise

t. big ag

Wait isn't it the other way round? Vegetables and fruits usually have a way "better" omega-3 ratio and basically all animal product has vastly higher omega-6s? And the usual ratio of your unhealthy American is like 20:1 because of all the fast food and meat?

I mean I think it's bullshit too but if that makes people eat more vegetables and fruits whatever.

Well yes, as a portion of total fat many vegetables are high in omega-3 and comparatively lower in omega-6, but of course vegetables contain almost no fat (neither do fruits), so it's sort of a moot point unless you eat no overt fat sources at all.

Most nuts and seeds are high in omega-6 and low in omega-3, and nuts and seeds are the primary plant sources of fat.

By comparison, animal fat is low in total PUFAs and higher in MUFAs and SFAs, so the total amount of omega-6 is low.

Westerners have a high intake of omega-6s only because they eat too much oil from fried and processed shit. Americans get more empty calories from oil than from sugar

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

Tl;dw, only meat and only vegetables.

only person in this thread that knows how keto works. funny because i doubt you're even on it.

the entire point of the keto diet is to turn fat into an energy source instead of carbs. however, keto is basically PSMF when you're obese. why would you eat 90g of fat per day when you weigh 300lbs? you want the body to use your fat storages, not fat you're ingesting.

when you're a normal weight, then you add fat back into your diet (at a limit) or go back to eating carbs.

Are you people literally retarded? It doesn't fucking matter whether you get your energy from carbs or fats. Only because your body is mainly turning fat into ketons instead of carbs into glucose doesn't mean you will lose weight. 90 grams of fat is 800 calories that's perfectly fine in basically any diet.

"Calories in vs calories" out is such an oversimplified and dumb concept but you still fail to get it.

you're the retarded one. keto/PSMF are the best diets for any fat person to lose weight. when you eat carbs, your body has to deplete its glycogen storage before anything else. when you're in ketosis, if you aren't consuming fat, your body immediately turns to fat storages.

you aren't supposed to just start eating a shit load of fat instead of a shit load of carbs. if you eat 90 grams of fat, you'll burn through that before your body uses fat storage. why wouldn't you just eat 800 calories of protein instead? it's not enough for your body to turn it into glucose and it helps muscle repair.

if you aren't morbidly obese, then you can do your shitty normie maintenance diet.

Not to mention you get full really fucking quick if you aren't eating carbs. It's honestly hard to over-eat on a keto diet.

W
A
T

You are misunderstanding the most fucking basic idea about weight loss. You know like literally every other diet keto and psmf work by creating a caloric deficit right? You know that excess protein kicks you out of ketosis because it's turned into glucose right? You know keto is a pretty low protein diet because of that right? You know excess protein might be dangerous right?

God you are utterly retarded. Go read a 6th grade biology book.

>if you aren't morbidly obese, then you can do your shitty normie maintenance diet.
Spoken like a true fatty piece of shit.

>You know that excess protein kicks you out of ketosis because it's turned into glucose right?

800 calories of protein is at most 150g of protein (chicken breast) which would not be enough to be converted to glucose in an adult sized human. you ignored my post, typed the same thing five different ways, and look even dumber than you did before
>spoken like a true fatty piece of shit
any normal person knows that a fat shit shouldn't follow the same maintenance diet that normal people do if they want to loose weight rapidly.

you're telling people to go back to biology, but you're the one telling everyone that a calorie is a calorie. ignoring the fact that IIFYM directly contradicts that...because...you know...you have macro goals to hit

are we going to ignore the insane carolina diet