Is Goat Cheese really the superior cheese?

Is Goat Cheese really the superior cheese?

There is no one "superior cheese" without specifying an application.

Goat cheese is good stuff, but that looks like a cheap shitty brand out of a plastic packet.

No.
It's bloody horrible

I've heard its tangy. Is this true?

Ugh, no. Only in small amounts. That lingering taste it leaves is horrible.

Yeah, then it tastes like dogshit.

Putrid is the flavor I think of when remembering Goat Cheese.

Do Americans really do this?

t. Stavros Papadopoulos

I would have thought it would have tasted like body odor because people always say I smell like a goat.

I never liked goatcheese, until I put some on a piece of bread, slathered on honey and grilled it. ITS FUCKING TITS. The overpowering flavor of the goatcheese is gone because of the honey, it also caramelized under the grill so it has new hints of sweetness of it's own.

Pretty much every good recipe that uses goatcheese has something sweet in it to counterbalance its powerful flavours. Shit like dates, figs, balsamic reduction, peppers marinated in a sweet/sour brine, beets etc.

Wrapping bacon around goat cheese stuffed prunes is also really tasty. it has been a thing for hundreds of years before the entire bacon wrapping fad started.

So don't knock goat cheese until you learn how to use it, you're basically saying lemons are bad because they are too sour.

Do what? Use our superior language to aptly describe flavors?

I mean do they hate yogurt and feta/goat cheese for being """""sour""""" because they don't eat anything but grilled cheese sandwiches

>one reply says "bloody horrible"
>American

Fuck off you tryhard faggot

Sheep cheese shits all over goat cheese

Are you 12 years old? Top kek

It's a joke faggot relax I'm American too

still, it's hard to imagine Europeans disliking goat cheese

the "do Americans really do this" is an annoying forced meme

Goat Cheese is a nice body cheese to bring together and balance other cheeses. It's not the kind of cheese that you want to take a big bite out of unto itself, but it does a fucking great job of bringing various other flavors together in a very tasty way.

butter roll or croissant
goat cheese
cranberry jam
Prosciutto

= heaven

>not liking feta
Feta provides a slightly tangy answer to the fattiness of oily foods that is hard to beat. Goes really well in pastries too.

t. Greekfag

It's very tangy, so it's best used in small amounts. Had a pizza with big blobs of goat cheese on it last year, it was very overpowering, too rich for my tastes. There's a restaurant in a nearby city that serves a little breaded and fried piece with the goat cheese salad, which is pretty good. In this pic, there's 3 pieces, but they're thinner and smaller than the one I had.

Forgot to edit out that last sentence. I can't upload pics since Sunday for some stupid-ass reason.

sainte maure is so good.

some would say its the GOAT

>inb4 back 2 le reddet

Fuck I love goat cheese. It's my favorite for eating with crackers.