Ahi Tuna

Got 6 center cut tuna steaks (frozen not marked sushi grade) that I want to make into ahi tuna tomorrow. How long should I marinade them? I've been getting mixed opinions.

Post good marinades please for them if you have some

>frozen not marked sushi grade
Frozen doesnt neceassarily mean it's not Sushi grade.

Legally in the US, all fish that is to be consumed raw must be frozen to kill parasites. Usually it's done via flash freezing so as to cause minimal damage to the flesh, however if the fish thaws and refreezes more slowly (say in a poorly controlled grocery store freezer) then it can ruin the quality of the flesh.

tldr; sushi grade tuna is frozen if you're eating it in the US.

Yeah, its probably safe, I'm just saying it wasn't marked as such

>Legally in the US
Stopped reading there.
The land of "pizza is legally a vegetable".

Unless you're in the netherlands or Japan, you'll likely never have Tuna that hasn't been frozen.

Just saying.

Or Hawaii

Or Norway.

I like to do an eastern inspired dish with tuna steaks
>marinate in soy, sesame oil, mirin, grated ginger, minced garlic, lemon or lime juice
>coat in sesame seeds before searing
>cook rare
>eat with baby bok choy

Another application I love ahi tuna steaks for is salad, pic related. I just sear with a bit of salt and pepper, no marinade, slice and serve over arugula with avocado and homemade cilantro lime vinaigrette.

Incorrect. The tomato sauce on pizza is counted as a serving of vegetables for the purpose of permitting it on a school's lunch menu, which is still stupid.

Okay, then how about land of "if you cut a suger cube into small enough chunks it is legally labeled sugar free and magically becomes 0 calories".

>make into ahi tuna
I hope you have a PhD in genetics

you really dont have to marinade them, just pan fry/blacken them
>get pan retard hot
>add a bit of oil
>blackening seasoning on all sides of tuna
>throw in pan 30-45sec a side
>serve with lemon juice and dill
>????
>profit

My Autism is peaking
>Look guys, I have Ahi Tuna
>I really want to make them into Ahi Tuna

Rage. Do you want to turn them into sashimi? Maybe marinate and grill? Or do you plan on serving them raw out of the package as Ahi Tuna like you stated?

what the fuck are you talking about.

Tic-tacs, faggot.

There are loopholes in the FDA regulations that allow sweeteners with sugar and calories in them to be marketed as sugar- and calorie-free

I think he gets it, you just aren't making a decent point here. I can pick at your government plenty, I can find stupid shit you're elected leaders have done too. How is that relevant to cooking Ahi Tuna? Does your local politician cook it for you? Does he stroke your ego while you pretend to know how to cook it?

Either get on topic or stop posting faggot.

>You're elected
Fucking kill me. Never post high kids

>cilantro

This kills the meal.

>Legally in the US, all fish that is to be consumed raw must be frozen to kill parasites.
They used to say this in Spain. They said that the fish you buy from the fishmongers is always safe as it has always been deep-frozen. Howver, the fish I buy nearly always has anisakis these days. As a result I no longer dare eat sushi or ceviche or anything not fully cooked. The only thing I still have are pickled anchovies but it's probably best not to eat those either :|

Yeah I fucked that up, I meant the Western meaning of Ahi where the outside is seared
It's not autism, it's stupidity. Ahi doesn't mean raw. It is the kind of tuna

>deflection and goal post moving
:^)

ahi tuna is not a dish

See

>being this much of a pendejo